Things are not always rosy, and the challenges of life do stare at us in the face. At such time, sometimes, we feel like we don’t have the strength to take the next step, and all we can mutter in prayer, is, God please give me strength to overcome this hurdle.
Sometimes we get into uncertainty. We go through challenges that make us wonder if suffering is part of the plan of God in life. But, the word of God reveals to us in 3 John 1: 2. Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
God wants us to have success in every area of our lives. All we have to do is come to Him in prayer and simply ask in faith.
Yes, It’s important that we let go of fear and uncertainty, and put our absolute trust in God. We must therefore learn to pray for strength.
To help you excel in your prayer journey, we have compiled a list of powerful prayer for strength during difficult times quotes; not just for you, but also for your loved ones too.
Bible Verses About Prayer During Hard Times
Prayer is an important tool in the life of every Christian. But oftentimes, finding the motivation to pray or having the exact words to say can be difficult. Despite this, the Bible urges us to pray without ceasing.
So, regardless of what you’re going through, below is a list of prayer quotes from the bible to encourage you and motivate you to pray. Just take God by his word and believe in faith. Some of these are also scriptures to use when praying.
1. “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
2. “Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.” (Jeremiah 29:12)
3. “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” (Jeremiah 33:3)
4. “Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” (Matthew 18:19-20)
5. “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)
6. “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.” (1 John 5:14-15)
7. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
8. “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.” (Colossians 4:2)
9. “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.” (Psalm 34:17)
10. “Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he hears my voice.” (Psalm 55:17)
11. “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” (Matthew 21:22)
12. “And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” (Luke 11:9)
13. “Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” (John 14:13-14)
14. “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7)
15. “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mark 11:24)
Related Post: Popular Bible Prayers
Prayer For Strength During Difficult Times Quotes
When strength fails and darkness looms, our only hope is to cry unto God who is our strength and he’ll come forth for us.
Below are sincere, heartfelt, and emotional prayer for strength during difficult times quotes to relieve us of our grieving hearts and restore our peace and joy.
16. Heavenly Father, because of my circumstances and the surrounding situations, I am losing faith. Help my unbelief and strengthen my faith in Jesus’ name. Amen.
17. My heart is troubled, and I admit that I’ve allowed fear in. Therefore, Lord, I ask that you rain down your strength and give me the conviction to trust in you.
18. I repent of my fears and my agitations. I ask that you strengthen me with the courage to face every difficulty in my life by your Spirit.
19. I’ll trust in you Lord because my help is from you. I’ll wait on you for my strength Oh Lord. You’re my only hope. Besides you, I have no other. I receive your help and blessings needed for this phase of my life. Amen.
20. No matter what the enemy throws at me, I will lift my eyes to you Lord in the day of my distress, and I will draw my strength from your throne of grace.
21. I thank you Father for you are strong when I am weak, therefore, I will rest in your strength. I refuse to be swallowed up in this difficulty. I come out victorious and with many testimonies in the name of Jesus.
22. I choose this day to allow your peace to guard my heart in my times of hurt and distress. I declare that I’ve got the strength of God working in my inner man.
23. Heavenly Father, I confess that I need your strength. My strength is failing Lord. Help me as I go through rough times.
24. In my hard times, when problems upon problems strike, I’ll put my faith in you, Lord. I’ll focus on you forever. I decree that I’m strengthened. Amen.
25. Just now, Lord, I lay down my burdens at your feet. I refuse to carry them anymore. I receive your provision of strength for me now.
26. Dear Lord, I hunger for you more than ever in this time of hardship. I’m almost falling. Help me by your Spirit to keep standing and trusting in you. Amen.
27. I need thee, oh Lord. Every passing hour, I need thee. I need your peace to rule over my troubled heart and comfort me. I am unable to go through all of these turmoils alone. Therefore I ask that you stay close to me.
28. Father, according to Joel 3:10, your word says “ …let the weak say, I am strong”. Lord, I declare that I am strong, even in these trying times of my life. I ask for your grace and strength to keep going forward and not to give up.
29. Through all of these troubles, I’ll keep you at the center of my heart. I won’t stop trusting you Lord because my strength comes from you. Hallelujah!
30. I declare your faithfulness over my troubles. I declare that you’re able to save me to the uttermost. Therefore, I rest in your embrace as I receive your power to keep moving till I overcome all troubles.
31. I have faith in you because I know my problems won’t get the best of me. I ask that as every problem fades away, you’ll give me peace and help me recover fully from the hurt. That you’ll help me taste your presence again.
32. Oh Lord, you own my heart and life, and I believe your word that says that everything works together for my good. I ask that you calm my heart and give me your strength to sail through.
33. Dear loving Father, the Bible says, “None of your words will come back to you void”. I believe! I believe in your word and promises for me. I believe you died for my sake. I believe in the victory you won for me, and that I am blessed with all spiritual blessings. I bask in your victory. I declare that I am strong. Amen.
Related Post: 10 Ways to Victory When times are Hard
God Please Give Me Strength To Overcome Prayer quotes
Going through times of difficulty can be very disturbing and depressing. However, the fact remains that, hard times will always come and can affect any area of our lives, be it financial, academics, marital, physical, business, career, or even the passing of a loved one.
But, the bible says in John 16.33b, “…in the world, you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world”.
This assures us that there is an end to whatever we are going through. The only way to ensure you pull through such hard times is to pray for strength.
Below, are words of prayer for strength during difficult times quotes to get you energized and engraced to get going.
34. Dear Father, I come before you today. Things have become really hard for me, help me, and give me the strength to keep pushing in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
35. Dear Lord, I believe in your word that says that I’m strong in my weakness. I claim your promise, Lord. Help my unbelief and give me the grace to trust in you. Dear God please give me strength to overcome this challenges and to come through, victorious. Amen.
36. Heavenly Lord, I trust in you Lord, because I know my help comes from you and you alone. I will wait on you for my strength. Amen.
37. Dear Father, I believe you died for my sake and that you won the victory on the cross at calvary. I believe in your word and I declare that I am strong in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
38. I declare in the name of Jesus, that I will not be consumed in this tribulation. I will pull through. I know you are strong even when I am weak, therefore, I will rest in your strength continually, Amen.
39. Dear father, my heart is heavy, and I’m scared. Lord, I ask that you rain down your strength and give me the grace to trust in you wholeheartedly. Amen.
40. Lord, I repent of my fears and my doubts. I pray that you give me the strength and courage to face every challenge in my life by your Spirit in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
41. Dear Lord, I trust in you. May your perfect peace guard my heart in my times of pain and distress. I declare that I have the strength of God at work in my life.
42. Heavenly Father, the truth is that my strength has failed me. I acknowledge that I need your strength more than ever. Help me as I go through this difficult period.
43. Oh, Father, you have my heart and life. I believe in your word that says that everything works together for good to them that love you. Lord, I ask that you calm the storm in my heart and give me the courage to go through.
44. Lord, I put my faith in you, when problems upon problems assail me and when my strength has failed me. I’ll focus on you forever and I declare that I’m strong. God please give me strength to overcome and to testify of your amazing power. Amen.
45. Father, I come to you today and I lay down my burdens at your feet. I’m tired and refuse to carry them any longer. I claim your promise of provision of strength right now in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
46. Dear Lord, I have faith in you because I’m convinced that my problems won’t overwhelm me. I ask that your peace abounds in my life even as every problem fades away. Help me recover completely from the hurt and give me strength. Amen.
47. I need you, Lord. Every waking hour. I hunger for you in this time of difficulty. Help me to keep standing and trusting in you. May your peace comfort me and bring me strength in my time of need, Amen.
48. Lord, I declare your unfailing faithfulness during my time of trouble. I know that you’re able to save me from my pain. Therefore, I rest in your love and the comfort of your arms, Amen.
49. Dear father, your word says, ‘do not be anxious for anything, but by prayers or, supplication and thanksgiving, make your request known…’ I believe in your word dear Lord and I pray that you grant me the strength to scale through this difficult time. Amen.
50. Father, I thank you because you’re indeed the God that never fails, nothing is impossible with you. Teach me to wholly lean on you, help me to receive the strength to face all the problems that surround me. Amen.
51. Jesus, I come before your throne of grace today to obtain mercy. I declare that my problems will come to an end. I stand on God’s word, and I speak life to every sphere of my life in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
52. Dearest God, by the power in your name, I receive sufficient grace and strength to overcome every trial in my life. I declare my faith in your unfailing word, I am free. Amen.
53. Father, I ask for your touch. Strengthen me and help me triumph over my challenges. Hold my hand and walk through the storm with me in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Related Post: Encouraging Words to Keep Going
Encouraging Messages and Prayers for A Friend In Pain
It’s difficult to watch a friend or loved one go through pain and not be able to put a stop to it. Well, there is one thing you can do in addition to sending your money or gifts. You can pray to trust in God to bring healing to their souls and speedy recovery from pain and sicknesses.
Below is a list of messages and prayers for a friend in pain to bring relief.
71. May the Lord touch you right now and bring relief to those pains. I pray that every discomfort that you are going through now, disappears and does not reappear anymore in Jesus’ name, Amen.
72. I pray for you dear friend, that the hand of the Lord will rest upon you and correct every issue in your system in Jesus’ name. The pains are gone forever, Amen.
73. I ask that the Lord will arise and uphold you even in this time of pain. His infinite mercies will be abundant for you and he’ll stay by you always in Jesus’ name, Amen.
74. May the Lord bring you comfort. The devil’s time is up and victory is yours in Jesus’ name, Amen.
75. The bible says that weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. May the abundant joy of the Lord locate you even today in Jesus’ name, Amen.
76. Dear father, your word says that we should ask and we would receive. So, here I am Lord asking that you show mercy to my friend. Give her divine strength and bring healing in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
77. May your health be restored as it was before. I pray that all the afflictions troubling you shall leave your body right now. Receive your healing in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
78. The fact is that I may not understand how much pain you’re in right now, but I believe that your healing will come. You won’t feel that discomfort anymore in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
79. Dear Lord, I ask that you will break this pain. Heal him/her from this affliction and perfect everything. I trust in you Lord, in Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.
80. Heavenly Father, I come before you today as a child in need of your help and comfort, shine your eyes of mercy upon my friend and take away every pain and sorrow. Let the light of your peace shine forth in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
81. I pray that you will receive the touch of healing from the balm of Gilead. I ask that all your pains fade away, and may your relief be perfected and made permanent in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Related Post: Prayer Quotes for Family and Friends
Classic and Powerful Inspirational Prayer Quotes
God has promised us in His Word that, whenever we pray to Him, he hears us and answers. Like the father that he is, he waits patiently, listening to our every worry, complaint, and need.
Whether your need is supernatural strength and power, success, or healing, prayer is the perfect channel to communicate with God. The following inspirational prayer quotes will encourage you as you forge ahead in your prayer life.
82. “Prayer is the nearest approach to God.” -William Law
83. “Our prayers are sometimes answered without us realizing.” -Catherine Pulsifer
84. “God can handle your doubt, anger, fear, grief, confusion, and questions. You can bring everything to him in prayer.” – Rick Warren
85. “Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith in God.” -Anonymous
86. “God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer.” -Mother Teresa
87. “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” – John F. Kennedy
88. “When you feel like worrying, try praying instead. Worrying only creates more stress, but prayer creates more peace. God is bigger than whatever is stressing you out.” -Dave Willis
89. “Time spent in prayer is never wasted.” – Francis Fenelon
90. “Prayers outlive the lives of those who uttered them; outlive a generation, outlive an age, outlive a world.” – E.M Bounds
91. “No man is greater than his prayer life.” – Leonard Ravenhill
92. “Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.” – Max Lucado
93. “Prayer lays hold of God’s plan and becomes the link between his will and its accomplishment on earth. Amazing things happen, and we are given the privilege of being the channels of the Holy Spirit’s prayer.” – Elisabeth Elliot
94. “There are parts of our calling, works of the Holy Spirit, and defeats of the darkness that will come no other way than through furious, fervent, faith-filled, unceasing prayer.” – Beth Moore
95. “The reality is, my prayers don’t change God. But, I am convinced prayer changes me. Praying boldly boots me out of that stale place of religious habit into authentic connection with God Himself.” – Lysa TerKeurst
96. “We are to pray in times of adversity, lest we become faithless and unbelieving. We are to pray in times of prosperity, lest we become boastful and proud. We are to pray in times of danger, lest we become fearful and doubting. We are to pray in times of security, lest we become self-sufficient.” – Billy Graham
97. “To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” – Martin Luther
98. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.” – Billy Graham
99. “If you believe in prayer at all, expect God to hear you. If you do not expect, you will not have. God will not hear you unless you believe He will hear you; but if you believe He will, He will be as good as your faith.” – Charles Spurgeon
100.“Let no one profess to trust in God, and yet lay up for future wants, otherwise the Lord will first send him to the hoard he has amassed before He can answer the prayer for more.”- George Muller
101.“Prayer is simply talking to God like a friend and should be the easiest thing we do each day.” – Joyce Meyer
102.“I firmly believe God continues to answer the prayers of His people even after He has taken them to heaven. Never forget that God isn’t bound by time the way we are. We see only the present moment; God sees everything. We see only part of what He is doing; He sees it all.” – Billy Graham
103.“In the morning, prayer is the key that opens to us the treasures of God’s mercies and blessings; in the evening, it is the key that shuts us up under his protection and safeguards.” – Billy Graham
104.“Rather than set aside daily time for prayer, I pray constantly and spontaneously about everything I encounter daily. When someone shares something with me, I’ll often simply say, ‘let’s pray about this right now.’”- Thomas Kinkade
Thoughtful Inspirational Blessings Quotes
When we look at our lives, we discover that there is a lot to be thankful for. The problem is that, sometimes, we’re just too distracted to count our blessings.
Our responsibilities can cloud our sense of reasoning, so much that we become oblivious to the testimonies in our lives.
The least we can do is, to take a moment off and find something to be thankful for. It can be as little as food on our table, or even the rain. Just be thankful and bless God.
Below is a list of inspirational blessing quotes to show your appreciation to God.
105.”Each day that God gives us is holy and a precious gift from him. We should enjoy it fully. Joy is powerful.” Joyce Meyer
106.”Only God is truly great. The rest of us should be content to simply fulfill the duties with which He has blessed us.” Mark J Musser
107.”Stand in awe of Him, and be grateful for everything that God has blessed you with.” Robert Woeger
108.”As believers, we also are blessed with the grace that equips us for divine service.” John MacArthur Jr.
109.”God bestows His blessings without discrimination. The followers of Jesus are children of God, and they should manifest the family likeness by doing good to all, even to those who deserve the opposite.” F.F. Bruce
110.”The difference between the blessed person and the ungodly person is that the blessed person walks according to the course of heaven and not according to the course of this world.” R.C. Sproul
111.”Blessed is that man who has done with chance, who never speaks of luck, but believes that from the least even to the greatest, all things are ordained of the Lord.” Charles Spurgeon
112.”The point is that somewhere, someone needs the gifts that God has blessed you with. When you allow Him to use you in those gifts, people will be blessed by it.” Gobel Brockman