You’ll agree with me that for the entire world, 2021 is a peculiar year. At such a time as this, we all need words of encouragement for hard time.
Perhaps your case is even different. In fact, I may not understand perfectly how you’re feeling right now. It’s possible that I have no idea how degenerated and hopeless everything appears to be. I may not have been in your exact shoes, but I have been in tight corners too.
I have had my back against the wall. I had faced the red sea while running away from the Egyptians. I have had my share of hard times. I hope these words of encouragement for hard times, will help to get you back on your feet and running forward into positive possibilities.
I know you might have tried everything you know you should do, and yet no reasonable expected outcome. I would not pretend to have the perfect answer for you, especially in these hard times; but I know that God is forever faithful. I’m convinced that this time is only a phase that will soon pass, even though all things might seem to be out of place.
There are things we want an explanation on, but we may never get any clue for the moment. However, time has a way of explaining seemingly confusing matters. With time, we will come to understand what we do not understand at the moment.
God is both a faith-God and a sovereign-God. I love the attitude of Job in this kind of time of his life. He said, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him” (Job 13:15 KJV).
It is my desire that these inspirational messages will help you find an anchor to hold unto and push a little bit further until the expiration of this season.
Encouragement for Hard Times: Be Positive
Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. (Hab 3:17-19 KJV)
Even though the fig trees are all destroyed, and there is neither blossom left nor fruit; though the olive crops all fail, and the fields lie barren; even if the flocks die in the fields and the cattle barns are empty, Make the decision to rejoice in the Lord; be happy in the God of your salvation. The Lord God is your strength; he will give you the speed of a deer and bring you safely over the mountains.
Even in Hard times, never allow your experience to define your God. God is God, and God is good irrespective of your experiences, feelings, and situation. Be positive. Praise Him anyway. Love Him anyway. Trust Him anyway.
I’m very aware it’s not easy to rejoice in time like this but deciding to be joyful will relieve you of the heaviness in your heart. An optimistic perspective has the capacity to the relieve heartaches. Joy relieves; and it is not a product of pleasant surrounding circumstances, rather, joy, despite a turbulent situation, turns things around such that the surrounding circumstance gradually works out for our favor in the atmosphere of joy.
Rely on the Holy Spirit to help you to be joyful despite unpleasant happenings around.
When everything seems to be failing, and nothing seems to be working. Keep a positive attitude towards God. Rejoicing in tribulation when the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vine. When the crop fails and the field doesn’t produce. When the ship-pen is empty and no cattle is in the stalk. Don’t allow any of these stop you from glorifying God. Glorifying God in times like this will turn the situation around, such that others will begin to thank God on your behalf.
Get a clue from Abraham, our father of faith, who staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God despite delay (Rom 4:20 KJV). Abraham kept on in faith. He refused to be weak in faith. God had spoken. 24 years gone: yet nothing looked like it will happen. He didn’t allow unbelief into his heart. He was strong in faith by giving praise and glory to God despite the ‘delay’. He was “Fully satisfied and assured that God was able and mighty to keep His word and to do what He had promised”( Rom 4:21 AMP).
Reading from The Living Bible, it says, “But Abraham never doubted. He believed God, for his faith and trust grew ever stronger, and he praised God for this blessing even before it happened. He was completely sure that God was well able to do anything he promised.
Related Search: What You Should Know When Going Through Difficult Times
The Definition of Faith
Actually, our definition of faith should not be only to get things as we desire. Faith is to keep holding on God’s word despite contradicting circumstances. Faith is to be absolutely convinced that what God says is the truth even if we are not experiencing it at the moment.
Faith is an absolute conviction on the word of God irrespective of what you’re going through. Faith means, “I have settled it, that God is good and true to His word, whatever the case may be, irrespective of my experience”. This is the definition of faith.
Faith is not only required to condition the environment. It is also required to continue even when you do not understand what is happening in difficult times. God doesn’t always calm the storm, at times He brings His child to calm while the storm rages on. Just as it takes faith to calm the storm, it also takes faith to keep hanging on in the storm.
Encouragement for Hard Times: The Good News
It doesn’t matter what you might have gone through, the good news is that God wants you well. He wishes above all things that you may prosper and be in good health even as your soul prospers. His plans for you are of good and not of evil to bring you to an expected end. “For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off” ( Prov. 23:18).
You are not who your situation says you are. Your condition is not the definition of who you are. You have an identity in Christ- the identity of a son of God. You are seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above principality and power, on earth and under the earth. Your position is the position of a “more than a conqueror”. You have a spiritual status and position.
You are not a failure. All hope is not gone. All you’ve lost can be restored and regained. Just take your position of faith. Take charge of the situation of things from the Spiritual perspective. Announce to the devil, “Enough is enough”! Claim your promises and inheritances in Christ through the declaration of faith confessions. Say what the word of God says you are, not what the circumstances are posing to you; and enjoy the better life that Christ has come to offer you.
Related Search: How To Pray and Get Results Without Delay
Encouragement for Hard Times: Continue In Faith
Lazarus was dead, buried, and stinking. When Jesus came, He told Mary, “If you believe you will see the glory of God”. That’s the condition—faith. No matter how hopeless the condition may be, faith can reverse it. Keep on holding faith. God is faithful; He can’t be too late. Although, sometimes, He may not come in your prescribed time. But He will always come in the time that all things will be made beautiful. For he makes everything beautiful in His own time.
The joy in your marriage can be restored. The progress of your business can be re-ignited. The fervency of your spirit can be quickened. The strength of your body can be revitalized. You can be healthy and strong again. God is still God; thus nothing is hopeless. The case is not over if only you can exercise your faith. The force of faith regenerates, quickens, revives, and restores.
Begin to rejoicing in the spirit despite the physical circumstances; knowing full well that the spiritual will soon manifest. You see, that which are seen are made from that which are not seen. You can make your circumstance become as you want it to be, by persisting faith.
Things that are seen are temporary. Those which are not seen are eternal. The negative situations you see now are temporary. They are not to remain forever. Only your spiritual inheritances and the promises of God are to remain in your life. If what you are experiencing is not in line with the promises of God for your life, then I can assure you that they are coming to an end. All you need do is to continue in faith.
Though weeping may endure for a night, joy comes in the morning. Job went through it all, but in the end, he rejoiced. Chapter 42 of Job recorded the best time of his life. The transformation from a life in misery to what men saw as a mystery. There is “chapter 42” of your life. You are there already. Let your faith bring it to manifestation.
Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my savior, and my God. Ps 42:5 TEV
Put your hope in God, and you shall yet praise him.
The path of the just is as a shining light that keeps shinning brighter and brighter. Your best days are yet to come. They are not behind you. The best of your testimonies are still unfolding. No matter what may be happening now, you are not a victim, you are a victor! When you need encouragement for hard times, always remember that the bible is a place to turn. I’m awaiting your testimonies. I’m so confident about that.
Related Search: Powerful Prayer Text Messages
20 Short Words of Encouragement When Feeling Down
Maybe for yourself or for loved ones, any of these short words of encouragement can stir up hope and faith to keep going and to breakthrough any challenges.
If you need this for yourself, write out the ones that resonate with you, and paste where you can see them. sometimes, it may be better to say those words loud enough for yourself to hear, as this helps to get those encouraging messages into your consciousness.
1. I am proud of you. You’ve been able to cope well despite your challenges. I want you to know that I am here for you. I will do all I can to help you.
2. Be gentle with yourself, Please. I don’t want you falling sick because of your challenges. You will come through, it’s only a matter of time.
3. You don’t have to throw in the towel yet. After the rain comes the sunshine. Others have gone through this and were victorious. You will win too.
4. Don’t blame yourself for something that isn’t your fault. Stop beating yourself up. What you can do is seek solutions and I’ll be here if you need me for anything.
5. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
6. I don’t know how much you are going through right now but I want you to know that I feel your pain. I know you will come out stronger and better.
7. We may not know each other well. But with the few times, we’ve spent together, I know you are not the kind of guy that gives up easily, I’m counting on you not to give up right now.
8. “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. Have faith. God is bigger than your current situation. Focus on Him, not your problem. Have you prayed about what you are going through? Good. Keep praying. Be consistent and persistent. Don’t give up, just in the nick of time, God will come through for you.
10. Even if you’ve fallen seven times, at the eighth time, stand again and keep going.
11. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”—Thomas Edison
12. Only the tough gets going, when the going gets tough. It’s not time to give up. It’s time to scale up like an eagle despite the storm.
13. “It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.” – Dalai Lama
14. Robert H Schuller says it all when he said “Tough times never last, but tough people do”. You’ve not come this far, to quit at this point. Be strong and courageous.
15. Hey friend, at this time I need you to be strong than you’ve ever been. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have and the only way out. I get your back, dude.
16. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
17. I hope you’re not considering giving up here? “When you come to the end of your rope, then it’s time to tie a knot and hang on – never letting go.”
18. We are strong, not because we never fell; but because we stand again when we fall. You can do it again dude. Give it one more shot.
19. Worry is like a plant. The more attention you give to it, the bigger it becomes. There is always a light at the end of every tunnel.
20. “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
I would like to know how these words of encouragement for hard times has been helpful to you. please drop a comment and share to encourage others going through tough times.