Finding the perfect words of comfort when a friend is experiencing a difficult moment can be challenging.
Although you want to make someone feel better, there are moments when you are at a loss for words.
But there are some items that will always be useful in a pinch.
A kind word or two, a pat on the back, or your undivided attention are all modest gestures that can help your buddy feel loved and supported at this trying time.
You may offer someone permission to feel what they feel without guilt or shame when you take the initiative and reach out to them with empathy and understanding.
You demonstrate to them that it’s alright if they don’t want to discuss anything right away; even though everything seems overwhelming, sometimes just being present is sufficient for the time being.
Being there for our friends is sometimes the best thing we can do, and this post is filled with 110 messages of support and encouragement that will restore your friend’s happiness.
These messages of support and encouragement for a depressed friend will uplift them and serve as a reminder that they are not alone.
So be sure to pass along these messages of support and encouragement to everyone you know who could use some cheering up!
- Inspiring Messages Of Support And Encouragement
- Words Of Support And Comfort
- Comforting Words For Someone Who Is Hurting
- How To Comfort Someone In Physical Pain Over Text
- What To Say To Someone Who Is Hurting Emotionally
- How To Make Someone Feel Better Message
- What To Say To Make Someone Feel Better Over Text
- Comforting Words For A Friend Who Is Sad
- Words To Encourage Someone
- Words Of Encouragement For Adults
Inspiring Messages Of Support And Encouragement
1. Never relent on the path you have chosen with conviction. Many times, it’s because you’re close to hitting it big that challenges arise to dissuade you.
2. Difficulties aren’t sometimes about doing what’s wrong. They’re announcing that you’re doing the doing thing. Keep moving.
3. You’re the most amazing person I know. Don’t ever think or feel that you’re inferior to anyone or anything. You only have permission to feel awesome.
4. Struggles are meant to help you build tougher muscles, and not swallow you up. If you persist, your struggles cower to your strength.
5. You have the choice and the power to decide how your story ends. Never give another the right to write your story for you.
Related Post: Encouraging Words And Messages
Words Of Support And Comfort
These words of support and comfort collection can help you deal with whatever life throws at you.
1. Let what you have experienced be the fuel that spurs you up to greater victories. I promise you, there’s better to achieve, no matter your past.
2. Failing at something doesn’t define it. It’s only an indication of what doesn’t work. Keep exploring new ways of doing something better until you find the winning point.
3. If you don’t feel strong enough to move, take it a little bit at a time. That’s true courage.
4. If you think you can’t deal with certain things, you are wasting opportunities to build strength. True strength comes after you have overcome what you originally thought was too great for you.
5. It’s only a matter of time. This will become a phase that you’ll be glad you overcame.
Comforting Words For Someone Who Is Hurting
The majority of us find ourselves speechless for no apparent reason when conversing with someone who is depressed and suffering.
Although you want to support them and demonstrate your empathy, it can be challenging to know how to behave and what to say.
Don’t stress anymore. Listed below are examples of some comforting words for someone who is hurting:
1. Don’t put a lid on yourself when life still has many opportunities to show you. No matter how dark the clouds get, there’s still a silver lining.
2. This will only make your skin tougher. Refuse to let anything or anyone knock you down and keep you down.
3. It could be tempting to stay down but think of all the bad times you faced and how you overcame them. You’ll get over this too.
4. Get rid of that mental image of the perfect life. Accept the life you have and make it a great one for yourself.
5. This Is a learning moment for you. Something greater lies ahead, and this is only preparing you for that.
Related Post: Professional Words Of Encouragement
How To Comfort Someone In Physical Pain Over Text
1. I understand that you’re experiencing physical discomfort, but you’re a warrior. You’re a brave person, and you’ll overcome this. I trust you.
2. I know you’re going through a painful time, and I want to lend you all my support. Please let me come with you when you’re visiting the doctor next time.
3. You are a shining star. Physical pain can’t weigh you down. No matter what, you still light up my life.
4. I may not have your pain right now, but know that I’m thinking of you and praying for you.
5. This is a phase you’ll overcome soon. I adore you and God loves you.
What To Say To Someone Who Is Hurting Emotionally
We can assist you if you’re having trouble figuring out what to say to someone who is hurting emotionally. Check out the ideas below!
1. Disappointments can be painful. However, don’t let this deter you from your goal. Heal, and move ahead.
2. You have a choice to decide how long you stay hurt. But always remember, that you can’t be healed if you hold on to the subject of your pain.
3. A hurtful situation only brings in better appointments. Refuse to allow your hurt to stop you from hoping for a better tomorrow.
4. Let go of the hurt, but always keep in mind its lessons.
5. It’s not much about your enemy’s actions but how you respond to your enemy. If you show vulnerability, you have the chance to hurt yourself more.
Related Post: Comforting Words For Someone Who Lost A Child
How To Make Someone Feel Better Message
All you want to do when a loved one in your life is depressed is be there for them. One of the best ways to show someone you care is with a sincere, personalized message, regardless of whether they are ill, hurt, or facing personal hardship.
Here’s a list of how to make someone feel better message:
1. You’re close to overcoming all these problems. Just keep your faith up.
2. Everyone faces one hard moment or the other. I believe things will ease out for you. No matter what, put your best self forward because life will be beautiful again.
3. Remember every great moment you’ve experienced, and be that positive person I know as you handle these problems. I wish you the best.
4. The presence of clouds only shows that there are sunny days ahead. You’re going to have those sunny days again. Start thinking about them.
5. Sadness doesn’t look good on you. Instead, your upturned lips showing your white teeth and dimples are a better picture.
6. I love seeing you when you’re cheerful. When next I’m visiting you, I want you to be your usual happy, giggling self. I love you a dozen times.
7. There’s no space for worry and sadness in your life. Delete all the negatives. I trust in you even if you don’t trust yourself.
8. The fight can go on but I remain your number 1 supporter and cheerleader. Put on that grinning face.
9. The only thing you’re destined for is greatness. Now, wear a smile, dust your heart and move towards your future.
10. It’s okay to feel lost sometimes, but that’s why I’m here. I’ll always remind you of the amazing person that you are. Now cheer up!
Related Post: Inspirational Words For Someone Who Had A Breakup
What To Say To Make Someone Feel Better Over Text
Stuck on what to say to make someone feel better over text?
Take one or two of the wordings below to send to that person right away. Dive in!
1. You have really huge shoes to fill, and I’ll not act like l understand everything. Still, I’m here if you need to talk to someone or just cry.
2. What’s happened isn’t ideal, but your happiness isn’t dependent on others but yourself. Do one thing that makes you feel better and more confident about yourself.
3. Always remember that you are cherished, loved, accepted, and recognized by us. If others fail to see it, that’s their loss.
4. I know how ambitious you can be, and when you’ve not achieved as much as you expect, you feel down in the dumps. My friend, focus on what you’ve done so far and be grateful. You’ll do better this way.
5. It’s fine if you are unhappy. Still, take the time to appreciate the good that’s happening in your life right now.
Comforting Words For A Friend Who Is Sad
You can give someone who is depressed a glimmer of hope with a few easy consoling words.
Sometimes the best thing to do when a buddy is down is to simply send them a message that will cheer them up.
Send out these comforting words for a friend who is sad to get started.
1. Sometimes, it can feel like life is against you, that your existence is a mistake. You feel there’s no one you can confide in so you bottle your emotions in. I understand this situation because I’ve been there many times. But after the darkness comes light. Always remember that I’m here for you.
2. You’ve been through hell and back, and I know how difficult things are for you. But I’m promising it’ll be better soon. The skies will clear and you’ll laugh again.
3. I’m sorry to know that you’re in a bad place. It can be hard to be happy at such a time. Please know I care for you, and I want you to be your happy, bubbling self again.
4. It’s through these kinds of moments that one learns to reflect and search within. I know you’re capable of rising again, and if you can’t, let me help you.
5. You’ve been through the most unbelievable moments. You’ve emerged as a better person each time. For this moment, let me be your shoulder pad while you recoup yourself.
Related Post: Biblical Inspirational And Prayerful Messages
Words To Encourage Someone
Everybody occasionally needs to be inspired. Unfortunately, internal conflicts and outside disappointments are inevitable.
If the complexity of someone’s circumstance leaves you at a loss for words, continue reading this list of words to encourage someone to get some inspiration yourself:
1. Scream, cry, and mourn as much as you want. Emotions should be released and not pent up or you might explode. Once you’ve released yourself, get back again on your feet.
2. You were blessed with this life because your Maker knew how capable you were of handling it. So brave it, honey.
3. Being a sweet person doesn’t mean you’re weak. In fact, the sweetest people are the most fierce.
4. Missing out on things is a part of life. It only teaches us how to appreciate things better. Refuse to look down on yourself any longer. You are only progressing.
5. Part of the way you make wise decisions is through the number of mistakes you make. So, retrace your steps if you’ve made a mistake, learn the lesson and apply it next time.
Words Of Encouragement For Adults
1. You need to take it easy on yourself sometimes. You’re human with a finite amount of energy. Give yourself periodic breaks then get back to work fiercer than before.
2. Just because you’re in this situation doesn’t mean you’ll stay here forever. This is just a phase of life. The best is on the way.
3. Breathe in, breathe out. It’s only one of those days. It’s not the end of the world. Yet, your life can still get better.
4. For every missed step, there’s still something you can do. When you face an obstacle, find a detour.
5. No need to focus on the challenge for too long. You’ll only get depressed. We’ll begin again tomorrow.