Sometimes, a simple “Thank you God for everything prayer” is all you need to usher in the next testimony. Yes, it could be the only piece you need to bring peace to your soul. Hopefully, this collection of prayer of thanksgiving to God Almighty will open your heart to such an experience.
Life itself is a mystery; there is constant uncertainty about what the next second has in store for us. We can only stay hopeful, make choices and take risks that may put us in tight corners; but notwithstanding, each time, there are reasons to be thankful to God.
In such situations, when we feel like there’s nowhere to turn to, God always comes through for us at the very last minute and that’s why it’s essential we inculcate the habit of saying a prayer of thanksgiving to God Almighty.
We know that it may not be easy to put words together at the moment of ecstasy or discouragement when we should raise some thanksgiving prayers, so, we have meticulously pulled out these prayers which you can resonate with at every level in expressing your gratitude to Him. I am confident you will find this useful.
Reasons to Be Thankful To God
Look around you. Reminisce on your past experiences. Ponder on all you’ve been through. Perhaps you’ve endured some experiences and God helped you to come out victoriously. Don’t you think it had been God all along?
Here is a collection of some prayer of thanksgiving to God Almighty which will open your eyes to see and also serve as a reminder of the reasons to be thankful to God.
1. When I think about your unconditional love for me, I stand in awe of you. Your love is indeed in excess, never-ending. That’s enough reason to thank you.
2. You are the only one who remains faithful. You do this without taking into consideration my unfaithfulness. Men fail, men, change, but you remain the faithful God.
3. What manner of man are you? You’re so tender, so compassionate. You’re sweet and so loving. You’re unbelievably gracious and boundlessly merciful. You’re kind and so caring. Words are not enough to describe you.
4. Every move I make, I make in you. You’ve been my way-maker. Every step I take, I take in you, you’ve never stopped being my source of direction.
5. Lord, you are always there. In the darkest of all times, you are still there. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you remain there, with and for me.
6. Where can I go from your presence? You are everywhere at all times. Even in the grave, you are there. You have been there all the while. You are timeless and you are ageless.
7. Looking at where you picked me from. Looking at what you have brought me through. I can’t thank you enough. This is my heartfelt prayer of thanksgiving to you, God Almighty.
8. You looked past my sins. You looked past my flaws. You looked beyond me. I was unqualified; you made me qualified by your unlimited grace. What an amazing God you are.
9. You have always been ahead of men. Doing things they can neither imagine nor do. You are the most high God and the all-powerful. I wish I could appreciate you the way no man does. You deserve more than that.
10. You disappointed the devices of the wicked. You nullified all orchestrations of the evil ones against me and my household. Isn’t that enough reason to be thankful to you?
11. Opening my eyes today and I realize how privileged I am to perceive and see your glory once again. My faith in you is renewed today. Thank you for all you do, Almighty God.
12. Whenever I try to express how truly grateful I am to you, words fail me. And then I remember that you are the God that is indescribable. Your love for me is far beyond what I can imagine.
13. You made the crooked ways straight, for my sake. In the midst of my enemies, you prepared a seat for me. Thank you, Lord, for counting me as a treasure.
14. My heart beats with so much love. My soul pants after you with so many desires in my mind. You have indeed lifted me above all my equals. You’re truly the sovereign God.
15. You have got times and seasons in your hands. There are no words to describe how powerful you are but you chose to call me, this lowly me, your own. Oh! How I love you, Lord!
16. You have rescued me from life’s anxieties. All my burdens, you have taken on your shoulders. Now, my heart has found peace because you have given me rest in exchange for my pains.
17. You are the all-powerful God, no questions asked. When the enemy raised a standard against me and my household, you proved once again that you are the all-powerful God.
18. When I was weak, you strengthened me. When I was hungry, you provided for me. When my heart was troubled, you gave me peace. How can I express my unending appreciation to you, oh Lord!
19. You speak from heaven, it sounds like thunder. You smile from heaven, it looks like a beautiful rainbow. This shows how amazing you are. Then, you made me, in your likeness, super amazing!
20. You created the heavens and everything that is in it. You are the king of all kings. Even when kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall. You remain the king of kings. And that king has decided to make my heart His throne, what a mighty God you are!
Related Post: Appreciation Quotes to God
What Does The Bible Say About Thanksgiving To God?
The act of giving thanks especially to God is a public celebration in acknowledgment of His divine favor or kindness. The subtle art of saying a prayer of thanksgiving to the God Almighty can serve as a faith booster in hard times and tough situations.
The book of Thessalonians tells us how giving thanks is God’s will for us. So whenever you feel down or do not see a need to be thankful, ask yourself, ‘what does the Bible say about Thanksgiving to God?”. Then you’ll realize that, that’s your ladder to the next testimony.
Here are some crafted messages to serve as a quick reminder. They are enlisted, for a quick reminder.
1. God says to us to “give thanks in everything”. Never forget it takes a man rich in faith to stay planted in obedience in every situation of life.
2. In the midst of his enemies, David’s cup overflowed. Not just in psalm 23, but throughout his lifetime. He had the heart of celebrating the graciousness of God.
3. It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich as it is written, “only with joy can you draw waters out of the well of salvation”
4. Remember, God is in control and no one can relinquish His authority. So in everything, give thanks, not because of the situation but because of the One who is in control.
5. When happy, praise God. When faced with difficulty, seek God with thanksgiving. When down, worship God. When sad, trust God. But in everything, give thanks.
6. You are not a believer if you do not have a thankful heart. That is the biggest proof that you lack trust in the one you serve.
7. No matter how weird the seas become, no matter how intense the storms get, a believer’s heart is made up for constant praise and gratefulness to the Lord.
8. Remember the psalmist said, “give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good and His mercies endureth forever”. For all He has done, He is doing and for all, He will do, we ought to give thanks.
9. Be thankful. God Himself commanded it; not as a domineering Father, but for our good and His glory. It is always an opportunity to draw nearer to Him.
10. Our Thanksgiving and gratitude is an offering precious in the sight of God. It rises like a sweet fragrance unto Him and it compels Him to grant our requests.
11. Let us be thankful to God as often as possible even more than we pray other prayer points. Thanksgiving will draw our hearts out to God and keep us intimate with Him after we make room for Him in our hearts.
12. It is one thing to feel gratitude, it is another thing to show gratitude. The latter is more precious than the former. Make thanksgiving your lifestyle.
13. When we rid ourselves of anxiety, wash ourselves off worries, this act in itself is an express demonstration of our unconditional and unwavering trust in God.
14. Want to prove that you are in alignment with God? Check this: do you possess the spirit of thanksgiving? Is your heart in-tuned with that of Christ?
15. Give thanks in all things. All things including loss of loved ones, lives, and properties. For in thanksgiving, will you be blessed with the strength to move on and scale through.
16. He that is not thankful is a great fool. Ingratitude is a fruit of pride, an anti-God attitude. We know, pride goes before a fall.
17. “Who shall ascend into His presence?”, the Bible asks, He that is with a broken and contrite heart. Showing gratitude is the simplest proof of humility.
18. The Lord is our refuge and a high tower for the oppressed. A refuge and a stronghold in times of trouble. You have always been there, we can’t be thankful enough.
19. Sing forth His praises. Thanksgiving precedes seeing His goodness and mercies at work in your life. If you want Him to be merciful, let your thanksgiving ascend towards the heavens.
20. He hears our desires. He hears the longing of the humble and oppressed. He will prepare our hearts. He will answer our pleas but when thanksgiving goes up, He answers speedily.
Related Post: Quotes About Joy and Happiness
Prayer to Thank God for the Gift of Life
Everyone has different reasons for being thankful. Some people are thankful for the gift of friends and family amongst other things. Offering prayer to thank God for the gift of life is a way to lift your spirit and help you feel more positive.
We have collected the most powerful and uplifting prayers to thank God for the gift of life.
1. Thank you Lord for everything you have given me. Do guide my thoughts today, guide my words as well. Make me always conscious of your gift of life towards me and those around me.
2. Thank you Lord for always being there for me. Thank you for also breathing your precious breath on me. Thank you for guiding me and helping me. I want to say thank you for teaching me that love is the best way to sustain life.
3. Thank you Almighty God for life. I can never express my profound gratitude enough for this gift of life which I do not pay for. You gave me life without thinking twice. Even in eternity, I will always thank you.
4. My life has turned out to be much more than I could ever imagine. It blossomed way beyond my expectations because you first gave me this great gift of life that no man could have given me.
5. Thank you Lord for keeping me alive. People have hard lives, I do realize that. Mine is not perfect either, but the fact that I am living and smiling even through the pain is enough reason to thank you.
6. I am thankful for the gift of life you have given to me. I am also grateful for the experiences that I have gotten from this gift. Life has been so good to me.
7. Thank you for the gift of life. I am extremely grateful you allowed me to see another day. I am happy I indeed got another shot at life. Not like I am better than others, it is just your love. Thank you, Lord.
8. Thank you for life. I am living a charmed life. I can enjoy another day today. It’s not by my power for many wished to see this day but they couldn’t make it. In your benevolence, you have been so merciful unto me.
9. Thank you for creating and building me into a woman of life; a woman blossoming with love from within. Thank you for first loving me even when I didn’t deserve it. Thank you for life anew.
10. It is the dawn of a bright and beautiful new day. It is a wonderful day which you have created and I am favored that I can enjoy it.
11. Thank you for the gift of life. Thank you for your protection over my family and my friends. If it were not for you, we would have been long written off. This is just my short prayer for the gift of life.
12. You were there for me. Without even calling on you, you knew just when I needed help. You have helped me through thick and thin and I am grateful for you always spare this gift of life which you have given unto me.
13. Dear God, thank you for life. Thank you for life. Father, I am grateful, for life, for giving me brand new dawn, for giving me a second chance. Lord, I am grateful.
14. Thank you for your preservation. Thank you for single-handedly bringing me this far. Thank you for helping me reach this point in my life, and for never giving up on me. I am forever grateful to you, Lord.
15. What can I say to you, Lord? Words fail me to speak of your mercies and unending kindness. Words fail me to express how you have been my refuge and strong tower. In all, Lord, I say thank you.
16. Thank you for my life. You alone are worthy. You deserve every bit of appreciation and gratitude from me. Thank you for keeping me. I know it is for a greater end and purpose.
17. Thank you for who you are to me. You’re my father, my friend, my shield, most importantly, my protector. Thank you, for reminding me of your unconditional love towards my life, even when it seemed I doubted it. Thanks for always making me feel special.
18. Thank you for this life which you have given to me. Thank you for the people I have in my life. Thank you for their lives as well. I hope I can give back to you the same amount of love which you have shown me.
19. A prayer of thanksgiving to you, God Almighty, will not be complete if I do not specifically thank you for the gift of life which I do not deserve. Thank you for your unending show of loving-kindness towards me.
20. For all the beautiful moments which you have colored my life with, I say “thank you”. My life has never been short of anything because I have had you by my side all along. Thank you for always being there for me when I needed you the most.
21. Thank you for keeping me safe. Thank you for the success of all my activities today. Thank you for your protection and preservation. Thank you for this day. Thank you for you are by my side.
22. For everything you have done, for everything you are doing, and for everything you will do, I can say I am happy to be alive to witness them all. Thank you for creating this beautiful world and having me in it.
23. Thank you for not abandoning me from the first day I took my breath till now. Not because I’m special or too righteous, it is your love for me, thank you, Lord.
24. You have done far much for me. I cannot express it all. For the gift of life, I say thank you. For the gift of loving friends and family, I say thank you. For everything, I say thank you, God Almighty.
25. I appreciate all you have done for me and all you have given me. Thank you for rescuing me back, when I thought ending my life was the solution. You showed me light and for that illumination, I am grateful.
26. Thank you for making the world so beautiful and for creating me to be amongst those to inhabit this beautiful world that you have created. That gift of life is indeed a rare privilege.
27. I will always thank you for the day I was born. I am extremely thankful for it. Lord, grant me the chance to grow old as well on this earth and to completely maximize this gift of life that you have given to me.
28. My life has been filled with joy, laughter, sorrow, pain, blessings, and everything. In the midst of it all, you made me endure and enjoy it and above all, you gave me strength to subdue and be victorious. Thank you, Lord.
29. These words come from the deepest part of my soul. Thank you, Lord, for all the blessings you have decorated me with. Thank you for giving me life. A life, which requires a lot of gratitude.
30. Thank you, Lord, for giving me life. I know I don’t deserve it because I make mistakes all the time but your marvelous works in my life are not something I will ever stop thanking you for.
Related Post: Intercessory Prayers for Family and Friends
Prayer To Thank God For His Goodness and Grace
The Lord’s faithfulness is gracious and exceedingly above our imagination and comprehension. He deserves our praises and adoration. Among the prayers which can be muttered in our secret place or public is the prayer to thank God for His goodness.
Connect your heart to these carefully crafted prayers to thank God for His goodness in your life and the lives of your loved ones.
1. My soul blesses your name, O my God. You have rained on me your goodness and infinite mercy once again, today. You alone are worthy to receive all the praise and worship forever and ever.
2. I am indeed grateful to you for your goodness and kindness at work in my life. Your name is greatly to be praised. Thank you, Father, for your merciful kindness towards me. I love you, Lord.
3. Lord, you are great. You are wonderful. You are excellent. You are so good. You have done so much for me. The love you have for me is unconditional. Take all the honor, glory, and adoration.
4. My helper, I appreciate you for always helping me and making a blessing for me and out of me on the dawn of every new day. I am so grateful that I am privileged to be a partaker of your goodness at work in my life.
5. There’s nothing left to say except these words; “THANK YOU FATHER”. You proved yourself by being an amazing Father. You continually show your goodness and mercy to me regardless of my sins and unfaithfulness. You alone are God.
6. If not for you, I do not know where I would have been today. If not for your support so far, I do not know how I would have scaled through. I am able to talk today and be proud because your goodness has kept me thus far. Thank you, Lord.
7. Praise the Lord for He is the Lord of lords. Praise His Excellent name for He is the king of kings. You made all things and they are perfect in your eyes. So high but you still show me goodness. I exalt you.
8. I have come to thank you, Lord, to say a prayer of thanksgiving to you, my God, the Almighty. For life, sound health, for blessings, and most importantly for your goodness which endures forever, thank you.
9. It is a fact that I cannot live without you and out of your presence. Even when I decide to, your goodness pulls me back. Now I have come to an understanding of the depths and height of your love for me.
10. Hallelujah to the King of kings, glory, might, power, honor, and strength to you, the Lord of Lords. Today would not have made sense without you, and that is why you are my essence. Thank you for your mighty show of goodness once again today.
Related Post: Prophetic Words of Prayer
Thank You Prayer for Friends And Family
We should be indeed grateful to God for surrounding us with the best set of people on earth in the form of family and friends. He always wants what’s best for us always, so offering that prayer of thanksgiving to God Almighty for such a beautiful family he has blessed you with, at all times should be our part to play. Let us remember to thank Him for friends and family each day.
Here are some heartfelt prayers that can be uttered as a thank you prayer for friends and family.
1. O Lord my God, I thank you for the loving people you have blessed me with. I thank you for helping us overcome trials and tribulations, difficulties, and setbacks. Thank you for being their source of joy every step of the way.
2. Lord, I thank you for blessing me with the gift of men. I open my eyes to see these gifts every day; I consider it proof of how much you love me and I am thankful for that your unconditional love.
3. Thank you, Lord, for enriching my life with great people. I have received a gift that gives me great joy. A gift that completes my home and my circle; one that perfectly suits my taste. I admire your design for my life and I say thank you for blessing me with family and friends.
4. Dear God, thank you for blessing me with my friends and family. They give me the strength each day to run towards fulfilling my purpose. It is no coincidence; I know you are intentional about my life.
5. Thank you Lord for showing me how much you love me. Thank you for proving that you love me that much by blessing me with direction. Thank you for the place of all my loved ones in my life.
6. Thank you Father for giving me a family that cares about me and loves me. Though we may not always get along, they have been the most beautiful people on earth. We do know at the back of our minds that we are all lucky to have each other.
7. Thank you, O dear Lord, for another day. Thank you for you keep on watching over my family and friends. I thank you because you keep blessing them and blessing me through them. You are indeed worthy of my praise.
8. I woke up today happy and smiling because I was thinking about how blessed I was, and then, tears rolled down my eyes. I thank you, Lord, for the family which you have given to me and the gift of true friends who have been with me through thick and thin.
9. This day Lord, I remember how blessed I am to have your love in my life and also receive that love through my family. May I ask you to bless, protect and guide them in overcoming their challenges in life.
10. For my family, for my friends, for my life, today, I say, thank you, Lord. I can never love you enough. You have been too good to me. You are so thoughtful of me.
Related Post: God’s Love Defined
Thank You God for Everything Prayer
We should never forget that we are commanded by God to give thanks in all situations because He loves us and it is His will to always do good to us. Going beyond that, our appreciation is an application for more of His blessings.
Hence, we have to subconsciously and consciously develop the habit of showing gratitude by saying prayers of thanksgiving to God Almighty.
But if you are lacking what to say when trying to express yourself, we have provided a comprehensive collection of thank you God for everything prayer to help you get started.
1. Looking back at where you found me, I remember vividly when everyone left me and I had no one else to turn to. You came from behind and whispered, “it is well”, and everything became well indeed. Thank you, Lord, for everything you have given me.
2. Today, I am thankful for life. I am thankful for wisdom. I am thankful for knowledge and understanding. I am thankful for knowledge. I am thankful for growth. I am thankful for family and friends. Indeed I am thankful for all you have given me.
3. I am grateful for all the beautiful moments in my life, it was not perfect but it was beautiful. I pray for more but right now all I want today is to thank you God for everything.
4. You have blessed me abundantly on every side. I cannot quantify it, neither can I measure it. I will praise you forever. No one on earth can ever be compared to you, Father, you are my all in all.
5. You have done much more than I deserve. My heart is full of gratitude and unending praise for your love, your mercies, your loving kindness, and your blessings. In fact, for all you have given to me, I am indeed thankful.
6. Thank you for guiding every step I took. Thank you for going ahead of me and making all the crooked places straight. Thank you for your word. Thank you for divine direction. Thank you for your supernatural strength. Thank you for enabling me to walk in your divine precepts.
7. The most Excellency, all I want to do today is to thank you for everything. I pay homage to you. I render allegiance to you. For everything, you have shown me. My heart is full of praise for your name.
8. I have always trusted in you, and you have never put me to shame. Men betrayed me when I trusted them, but you have proven beyond doubts that you are the only faithful God because you are not a man.
9. Blessed be your name, oh my Lord. You are worthy to be praised and exalted. You deserve the highest honor because you are the only one capable of doing the things you do. No one equals you, no one rivals you, no one can ever stand in comparison to you.
10. Everything I have is from you, there’s nothing I have which you have not given to me. You have been my helper, my source of provision and preservation. You have never let me down. Thank you, God, for everything!
God is indeed worthy of our appreciation every second of the day. He is the only One who cares the most for us and we do know we can never repay His goodness to us by offering Him tangible gifts, He cannot take them.
The easiest to do is to always express our profound gratitude by words of our mouths and by offering heartfelt prayers of thanksgiving to God Almighty.
A heart that is always ready to appreciate God for the little He has done is fertile soil for greater blessings.