Everyone, without exemption, desires to be happy. And everyone, without segregation, deserves to be happy. However, only those who decide to be happy, irrespective of the situations around them, will truly be happy.
Happiness is a choice, and it is not something to be bought in the mall. If you want it, you’ll have to create it.
And of course, indeed, our emotion is not always tilted towards the direction of happiness. In life, there are times we get gloomy and moody. Some other times, we may be jumping over the roof and smiling uncontrollably. Any of these can be a result of a response from someone, a desire met, or what a view.
Whatever the case may be, it is good to always find a way to maintain our happiness. These 120 Short Inspirational Quotes about Life and Happiness are aimed to help us achieve that.
More so, knowing that happiness is medicine. An unhappy soul makes the body weak. It is, therefore, necessary to seek true happiness and learn to live a happy life, despite negating situations around us.
According to Aristotle, one of the ancient philosophers, he affirms, that, though man seeks wealth, honor, health, what man wants, in summary, is happiness. Peace of mind is superior to material things. Perhaps, materialism might make ends meet, but it isn’t the end in itself, happiness is!
I invite you to the journey of learning the secret of living a good life through these Short Inspirational Quotes about Life and Happiness. More so, you may send this across to loved ones who are in their low state, as messages of support and encouragement, you never can tell how helpful any of these can be.
True Happiness Quotes
True happiness doesn’t depend on instant gratification. Instant gratifications are only instant, they are not constant. There used to be a time when most of my precious time is spent on pursuing instant gratifications, but I realized that this only makes me happy for a short while. Boom! In a short moment, I am back to my former state, sometimes with guilt and feelings of regrets.
Perhaps you just bought a new gadget, bought a new house, receive a credit alert, travel to a desired part of the world, fall in love with that handsome/beautiful person, and so on. These are all things to be happy about, but they are not the source of true happiness.
True happiness should stem from within. True happiness should be fought for even in the absence of everything mentioned above.
Here are some true happiness quotes that I found helpful and inspiring in times when true happiness seems far away.
1. You have the assurance of happiness, if you’re happy about who you are, and not with who people think you are.
2. Happiness is everywhere and in everything, including the little things that seem insignificant.
3. Happiness depends upon, nothing else, but upon us.
4. One way to fight for your happiness and have it with you always, is to learn to value yourself.
5. The secret of happiness is to be independent of human opinion; the secret of independence is faith. – Anonymous
6. The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open
7. Happiness isn’t something you makeup, it’s something you find, and it’s not far-fetched.
8. Happiness is not in our possession. It is not in our position, or location, it is in our disposition.
– Chris Awoyale
9. Let’s stop pursuing success. I think the, most important thing in life is to decide to be happy, and this decision will lead us to success.
10. One sure way to remain unhappy is to expect to find happiness in things and people. If you want to be happy, decide to be happy.
11. The happiness that lies in the joy of achievement, and the thrill of creativity, last only but for a little time.
12. There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.
13. There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved by the right people
14. The happiness that satisfies, comes from making others happy.
15. Do you want to be happy? Just be happy with who you are, and not who people think you should be.
Related Post: Inspiring Quotes on Career Development
Let’s Be Happy Quotes
As far as we continue to breathe, the pursuit of happiness will never cease to exist. This life can be a puzzle; it will take some level of smartness to unravel it. Sometimes, we are absolutely happy while the other we get moody as anything and anyone else. During these downtimes, we might as well find succor in what we like doing.
It takes courage to be courageous, it is totally fine to break away from current activities to get you together. Take a break if necessary, and make out some time to ruminate on some little things around you; you’ll soon find out that there are things to be happy about.
In the meantime, breathe in, and then out. Take a look at this list of “let’s be happy quotes”, they are some sorts of Inspirational Quotes about Life and Happiness.
16. You’ll be as happy, as you’ve decided to be. The magnitude of your happiness lies in how much you’ve decided to be happy.
17. I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself in. I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstances but by our disposition.
18. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
19. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. It all lies in compassion, not in competition.
20. The essence of life is to be happy. The beauty of life is to see beauty in everything. -Anonymous
21. Be happy with what you have and who you are. Be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.
22. Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get, you’ve got to make yourself.
23. True happiness is self-made. It’s not something to be bought or borrowed.
24. The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.
– Benjamin Franklin
25. You may have much and not be happy. You may have little and radiate joy. It’s not in what you have and how much you have; it is in deciding to be happy anyway.
26. Happiness is not dependent on things without, rather, it is governed by how we think.
27. I think many intelligent people aren’t so happy. Sometimes, to be happy, you have to suspend your mind from wandering.
28. Happiness can be found in doing your best and learning to truly leave the rest.
29. There is enough happiness to go round. If we all decide to be happy, it will get to us.
30. What gives happiness is neither wealth nor splendor, but peace and love.
Related Post: Meaningful Quotes about Love
Quotes About Happiness and Smiling
Attention! Do you know that according to research, it has been proven that a child smiles up to 400 times a day while an average adult is just 14 times? Now you know why kids are naturally happy beings, smiling, and happiness shares a kind of win-win bond.
Smiling often also contributes a real deal to be attractive and looking approachable, unlike using more muscles to frown. Indeed, smiling and laughter are true evidence of joy and happiness. It is easier to expose those sets of teeth in times of fulfillment which is why pursuing a passion could be one of the major sources of happiness.
Problems and challenges will continue to exist as far as you live on this planet earth, which is the main reason to remain happy and optimistic. Start your day with a smile and see how contagious it is.
Below are a few short quotes about happiness and smiling
31. Somehow, when we smile, the city becomes brighter.
32. If you see a friend without a smile; give him one of yours.
33. The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.”
34. Most smiles are started by another smile. It’s a contagious thing that cannot be prevented
35. Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.”
– Anthony J D’Angelo
36. If you have only one smile with you, and you don’t want it to vanish away too soon, give it to the people you love.
37. Guess what? If you put on the right goggle, you’ll see that life is a beautiful place and there’s so much to smile about.
38. Smile while you still have teeth; and when your teeth are all gone, smile
39. Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning, and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.
40. The best dressers are not the ones with the trending fashion; they are the ones with the finest smile.
41. A simple smile. That’s the start of opening your heart and being compassionate to others.
42. Remember to smile. Never forget to keep smiling.
43. Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles.
44. A smile confuses an approaching frown and touches even the fiercest heart.
45. One definition of strength and maturity is smiling even in troubles, especially the ones you can do nothing about.
Related Post: Work Hard and Have Fun Quotes
Short Quotes About Being Yourself
Uniqueness is a special trait found in every individual. Trying to be like someone else doesn’t pay off in the long run. There is a disparity between the way we all perceive issues, speak, reason, think and etcetera. Being yourself means you simply appreciate your being for who you are, regardless of people’s opinions about you.
It is alright to know that everybody has the right to think whatever they wish to. Come to terms with the fact that you are a human, not a superpower that can control people’s thoughts. The earlier you give people the right to think whatever they want to think, the happier you will be.
It is important to know that comparison is another factor that can deter one’s confidence in his/herself. I mean, one has to be cautious against unhealthy competitions. In this post, I will be sharing some Short quotes about being yourself that you can easily run to in times of depression or during moments that you are feeling less of yourself.
46. Be yourself. People are tired of seeing the same thing everywhere. Your uniqueness makes you attractive.
47. Follow the light within you; it is your compass to greatness.
48. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.
–Bernard M. Baruch
49. Follow your instinct, obey your gut, you’ll be glad you did.
50. Life becomes boring when you have to be led by other’s opinions. It becomes miserable when you no longer understand the language of your inner man.
51. You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
52. Don’t compromise yourself – you’re all you have.
53. To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.
-Roy T. Bennet
54. Do not wait to lose your uniqueness before appreciating who you are meant to be.
55. To appreciate who you are in a quickly changing world, and continue to be yourself in a world that is constantly attempting to make something else out of you, is the greatest sign of maturity and focus.
56. I would rather be misunderstood than keep changing with the changing world and eventually lose touch with who I am.
57. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.
58. When you decide to be happy with who you are and be satisfied with being yourself; comparing nor competing with no one, you’ll be respected by everyone.
59. Your life is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
60. Don’t ever feel sorry for being yourself. The best you can be is you.
Related Post: How to Stay Happy and Positive
Happy Life Quotes and Sayings
No matter who you are, where you are from, what tribe you represent, and so on. No one should be able to tamper with your happiness except you permit them. As far as you exist, you will never cease to come in contact with people that are ready to make you unhappy.
Are you overweight or skinny? Too tall or too short? I’m encouraging you to thrash all the negative comments by people and begin to focus on how unique you are, how wonderfully and fearfully God has made you.
More so, take the below quotes as an encouragement to stay positive about your being. With these Inspirational Quotes about Life and Happiness, tell yourself, you’ll be happy, no matter what
61. “Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve and desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy. You deserve delight.”
~Mark Victor Hansen
62. Press on and get past the negativity in the air. Nobody was born ugly and we all deserve to be happy, whatever the case may be.
63. “There’s a difference between thinking you deserve to be happy and knowing that you are worthy of being happy. Your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough.”
64. No matter how long you’ve lived being sad, it’s time to be happy, because you deserve to be.
65. Life is short, life is rare, and we all deserve to be happy while we are here.
– little big town
66. Everyone deserves to be happy. Unfortunately, not everyone will be. Only those who decide to be happy will truly be.
67. Don’t get trapped in unhappiness by something you cannot control. If you cannot control the situation, control your happiness. There is always something to control.
68. If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, or says; I think you may never know what it means to be happy.
69. Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
-Robert Green Ingersoll
70. Do you want to be happy? It’s simple. Be happy.
71. This is the time to be happy. This is the future you’ve always expected. If you’re not happy now, you may not be happy in the next future.
72. You can be happy where you are. It’s all about your perspective.
73. Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels.
74. Happiness is found in doing, not merely possessing.
75. If you’re not happy here, I doubt you’d be happy there.
Related Post: When Going Through Tough Times Advice
Choose to be Happy Quotes
The summation of our past choices makes us who we are today. In short, everything we choose to do is a choice: going to the gym, financial prudency, critical thinking, religion, career, etcetera. Happiness is not an exception; happiness is a choice indeed. Regardless of any situation, we can still choose to remain happy.
In stoicism, it is believed that no matter how difficult the situation might be, your happiness solely depends on your inner self and nothing means anything except for the meaning you ascribe to it. Check out these Choose to be happy quotes, as part of our collections of Inspirational Quotes about Life and Happiness.
76. Never walk the street hoping to see happiness along the road. Always take it along with you from your home.
77. No one ever got ready-made happiness hanging on the shelf. If you want it, you have to produce it.
78. Many of us can only be happy as much as we want to be.
79. Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.
80. One of the keys to happiness is to know that you have the power to choose what you allow and what you let go of.
81. Happiness can slide away easily if you don’t know how to keep it.
82. The only reason you are happy is that you choose to, happiness is a choice and so is suffering.
– Miguel Angel Ruiz
83. Happiness is a choice, you cannot choose what happens, but you can choose your reaction to it and be happy.
84. One advice: never tie your happiness to achievements, people, or things.
85. The secret to happiness is to put the burden of proof on unhappiness.
86. Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.
87. The most conducive environment for happiness is the soul of man. If you keep it anywhere else, it may soon disappear.
88. Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
-Roy M. Goodman
89. Two things prevent us from happiness; living in the past and observing others.
90. Happiness is a present attitude and not a future condition.
Related Post: Encouragement in Down Times
Happiness Is A State of Mind
We can out rightly argue that happiness is a state of mind, you have to decide to be happy. Just like in the words of Miguel Angel: “The only reason you are happy is that you choose to; happiness is a choice and so is suffering”. Once you make it a mindset, happiness becomes a reality that begins to manifest right in your face.
In general, when Happiness is a state of mind for you, you make lemonade out of the lemon life throws at you.
91. Happiness is a state of mind, a choice, a way of living; it is not something to be achieved, it is something to be experienced.
93. There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy. Look around, you might be looking down on one of them.
94. Happiness is not for those who have so much, it is for those who have learned to enjoy whatever they have.
95.Happiness does not segregate. If you welcome it, it will stay with you.
96. Those who are too preoccupied with tomorrow, often forget to enjoy today.
98. If it makes you happy and makes no one sad; do it again and again. Don’t stop doing it.
99. Being happy is letting go of what slows you down.
100. Those who are pursuing happiness are still running. Those who created it have it already.
101. Happiness will never come to those who don’t appreciate what they already have.
102. Sadness is contagious, avoid it. Happiness is contagious, pass it on.
103. If you’ll find gratitude, you will find happiness.
104. Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have.
105. The advantage of a bad memory is that you have nothing to regret. You’ll even forget what you need to regret.
Related Post: Motivational Quotes and Sayings
Happy and Contented Life Quotes
Greed and ingratitude could hinder the manifestation of a happy life. Contentment is showing appreciation for the little you have presently rather than complaining. Therefore to live a happy and contented life, it is paramount to be grateful for everything you have currently and worry less about what is yet to manifest. To cap it all, here are the last sets of quotes that will spur you into action and make you acknowledge how happy it can be to be happy.
107. Contentment is the bedrock of happiness. It is an attitude that says, I will be satisfied with what God has given me.
108. A contented heart is a calm sea in the midst of all storms.
109. A harvest of peace is produced from a seed of contentment.”
110. True humility is contentment.
-Henri Frederic Amiel
111. Contentment is the state of being mentally or emotionally satisfied with things just the way they are.
112. Just after contentment comes happiness.
113. You can own everything in the world but if you lack contentment, you’ll never be happy.”
114. It’s almost impossible to be satisfied in your own life if you’re constantly looking at what someone else has.
115. Many people lose the small joys in the hope of big happiness.
-Pearl A. Buck
116. Be thankful for what you have you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough
117. I have learned that to be with those I like is enough
118. The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
119. He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.
120. First, be happy with what you have; then, you can be happy with what you want to have.
Just as you desire to be happy, make a decision to be. My hope is that, with these Inspirational Quotes about Life and Happiness, you can begin to see things differently, and have the positive attitude to live a happy life.
Don’t forget to pass any of these Inspirational Quotes about Life and Happiness to your family, friends, and loved ones. Help them stay on track, and find reasons to be happy, intentionally.