“Love is the glue that holds everything together.”
The strongest force on the surface of the earth is not the gravitational force or centrifugal force; it is the force of love. It is so strong that it can hold the world in place, and so tender that it can tie souls together. It is an invisible, yet invincible force.
Some folks would say, “Love is a spontaneous feeling that cannot be explained”. Others would say, “It is a feeling that can be taught. You learn to love, you don’t just love”. Whatever the case may be, the presence of love is undeniable; and its absence would mean the presence of every kind of evil.
This post is a collection of the best classic quotes about love. You’ll find some to be short emotional love quotes, while some are inspirational love quotes. Whatever you’re looking for, this collection of quotes about love, life, and romance will satisfy your query.
Power of Love
As mentioned earlier, Love is the most powerful force on planet earth. It is so powerful that anyone who has experienced true love will tell about how it transformed them. That is the power that love possesses. It carries both creative and transformational power.
Love is a feeling that is desired by all whether young or old, irrespective of your background, race, or color. Lack of love can negatively affect a person mentally, physically, and emotionally.
Depression and suicide can be traced to a lack of love at one point or the other.
Love appears in different forms, and as well can develop for various reasons. The love your friends show towards you cannot be compared to the love your parents have for you. Both of the aforementioned can nowhere be matched with love for your partner.
The power of love can impact us greatly. You glow differently when you’re happy and in love. Love brings happiness and positivity. When surrounded by love, it is very easy to sense negative energy and flee. Love fills us with joy and happiness.
Power of Love Quotes
As we journey into classic quotes about love, I’ll take you through the power of love, and I’ll do so through some timeless power of love quotes.
Warning: If you’re still in doubt whether to fall in love or not, these ‘power of love quotes’ will push your “fall in love” button, and open your heart to connect when the right person comes by.
So, let journey on.
1. “None of us including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful”. – Mother Teresa
2. “Where there is love, there is life ” – Mahatma Ghandhi
3. “Your greatest power is to show love, to receive love, and to be loved”. – Oprah Winfrey
4. “Love is not the opposite of power. Love is power. Love is the strongest power there is”. – Vironika Tugalesa
5. “To love oneself is the beginning of a long life romance”. – Oscar Wilde
6. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend”. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Love is a cure, Love is power, and Love is the magic of changes. Love is the mirror of divine beauty ” – Rumi
8. “The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things.” – Peace Pilgrim.
9. “If you could only love enough, you could be the most powerful person in the world.” – Emmet Fox.
10. “When humans truly discover the power of love, it will prove more important than the harnessing of fire” – Pierre Tielhard de Chardin.
11. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Laozi
12. “Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
13. “The power of love, as the basis of a state, has never been tried.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
14. “Love gives life to the lifeless. Love lights a flame in the heart that is cold. Love brings hope to the hopeless and gladdens the hearts of the sorrowful. In the world of existence, there is indeed no greater power than the power of love.” – Abdu’l Bahá,
15. “Eloquent and moving, an extraordinary testament to the enduring power of love- beyond faith and dogma. It reminds us of why we are here: to love and live fully, to be curious about all things, and to live a compassionate- and passionate- authentic life.” – Mira Bartok.
16. “Our true identity is to love without fear and insecurity. Our higher potential finds us when we set our course in that direction. The power of love and compassion transforms insecurity.” – Doc Children.
17. “It is my belief that the only power which can resist the power of fear is the power of love.” – Alan Paton.
18. “When the wisdom of the heart replaces the chatter of the mind, the power of love flows forth.” Marianne Williamson.
19. “We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “Let fear go, and live your life with the power of love.” – Ralph Marston.
Famous Love Quotes
Sometimes, love is what you need. Most times, love is all you need. Whether love is new or it has been existing for a decade, from time to time, we all love to be reminded of the importance of love in our lives.
We don’t need to wait for a special occasion to arise before we express how we feel towards our significant other. We love you and we have made a list of some famous love quotes from all around for you. These are classic quotes about love that has stood the test of time and proven to be valid.
21. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” – The Notebook.
22. “Your heart is free, have the courage to follow me.” – Braveheart
23. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be.” – Oprah Winfrey.
24. “The heart has its reason of which reason knows nothing.” – Blaise Pascal.
25. “Love is the friendship that has caught fire.” – Ann Landers.
26. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” – Albert Einstein.
27. “If you find someone that you love in your life, then hang on to that love.” – Princess Diana
28. “Don’t frown because you never know who might be falling in love with your smile”- Anonymous
29. “I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Ray Croft
30. “If there is anything better than to be loved, it is loving.” – Anonymous
31. “Love comforteth like the sunshine after rain.” – William Shakespeare
32. “Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away.” – Elbert Hubbard.
33. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
34. “Love will find a way through parts where wolves fear to prey ” – Lord Byron
35. “Love is a friendship set to music.” – Joseph Campbell.
36. “Love in its essence is spiritual fire.” – Seneca
37. “I think the perfection of love is that it’s not perfect.” – Taylor Swift
38. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
39. “Love is not something you feel, it is something you do.” – David Wilkerson.
40. “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet” – Plato
Related: Godly Motivational Quotes About Life
Exceptional Love Quotes
Need to speak to people about love or you want to send that beautiful love message to him/her to make them feel special and understand how you feel towards them? Exceptional love quotes will do the work.
Looking for the perfect way to show the extent to which you love and care for them? We have handpicked some beautiful exceptional motivational quotes.
41. “A person who knows how to love does not seem to feel lonely or alone. In this sense, the power of love can become a true weapon against harm” – John Templeton.
42. “Love is power- the purest and greatest. Love is God. Nothing can be higher than that. But this power is not a desire to enslave others. This power is not a destructive force. The power is the very source of creation. This power is creativity and this power will transform you totally into a new being. It has no concern with anybody. Its whole concern is to bring your seeds to their ultimate flowering.” – Ranjeesh.
43. “In dreams and in love, there are no impossibilities” – Janos Arany
44. “To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return” – Madonna Ciccone.
45. “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
46. “Love in its essence is spiritual fire” – Emanuel Swedenborg
47. “Love is not something you look for, love is something you become.” – Langley
48. “Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.”- Erich Fromm
49. “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh.
50. “The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart” – Helen Keller.
51. “True love is like a pair of socks. You got to have two and they’ve got to match.” – Anonymous.
52. “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” – Barbara De Angelis.
53. “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.” – Anonymous.
54. “Love is the glue that holds everything together.” – Tolulope V. Nelson.
55. “Love is a perpetual journey that is extraordinary because it will never find itself terminated by a destination.” –Craig D. Lounsbrough
56. “Falling in love with someone isn’t always going to be easy. There will be moments of anger, tears, laughter, and goosebumps. It is when you want to be together despite all, that’s when you truly love another. I’m sure of it.” –Unknown Author
57. “If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded.” –Maya Angelou
58. “Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.” –Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
59. “Love demands all and has a right to it.” -Beethoven
60. “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get –only with what you are expecting to give –which is everything.” –Katharine Hepburn.
Related Post: Advice for Newly Married Couples
Loving You Quotes
Oh! Here comes the session for romantic lovers. These classic quotes about love will do, either when you’re trying to send a lovely good night quotes or a thoughtful good morning quotes to that special person.
These loving you quotes can serve as powerful emotional text messages that touch the heart and make it merry; and trust me you will get an amazing response.
61. “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” –Pride and prejudice.
62. “Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide, but I love you until the end of time.” – Moulin Rouge.
63. “You think you’re one of the millions but you’re one in a million to me.” –Brad Paisley.
64. “If I had to dream up the perfect woman, she wouldn’t even come close to you.” –Boy meets world.
65. “Your words are my food. Your breath is my wine. You are everything to me.” –Sarah Bernhardt.
66. “If I could ask God, for one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever.” -A Knights tale
67. “For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” –Rosemonde Gerard.
68. “I would rather spend my one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” –J.R.R. Tolkien
69. “I love you more than I found a way to say to you.” –Ben Folds.
70. “For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.” –Andrew McMahon
71. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred-minus day so, I never have to live without you.” –A. A. Milne
72. “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive. I love you.” –Unknown.
73. “I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep and there are no words for that.” –Brian Andreas.
74. “When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you. When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.” –Unknown.
75. “In your light, I learn how to love.” –Rumi.
76. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” –Albert Einstein.
77. “I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn’t love myself.” –Unknown
78. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way.” –Pablo Neruda.
79. “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s another life after that, I’ll love you then.” –Cassandra Clare.
80. “Some people search their whole lives to find what I found in you. I love you.” –Unknown.
81. I never thought love could be so magnificent until I saw the sincere look in your eyes, telling me that this time….. I would never shed a tear.
82. Just when I think that it’s impossible to love you any more, you prove me wrong.
83. I love you for all that you are.
84. If I know what love is, it’s because of you.
85. In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of the night, you rescue me, you save my life.
86. I want to be your last everything.
87. When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you, and I mean it!
88. Yeah I know he’s cute. But he’s mine; Touch him and I’ll kill you!
89. To love is nothing, to be loved is something……to love and be loved is everything.
90. You are my everything, everything else is just……everything else.
91. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.
92. I have loved you all my life, it has just taken me this long to find you.
93. If I could be anything in the world, I want to be a teardrop because I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
94. 7.5 billion smiles in the world and yours is the one that sets my heart on fire.
95. They say this kind of love is once in a lifetime, and I know you are the one for me.
96. I believe dreams can come true; because mine did when I met you.
97. I was not unreasonable but you made me ‘unreasonable’ in your love.
98. Love is not a discussion, it’s just a thing you need to experience.
99. Take me with you wherever you go.
100. I don’t know about the future but you made my present memorable.
101. You are my light as well as my burning desire.
102. I don’t have eternity on earth, but I hope to do everything on earth with you.
103. My head wants to sing in the hopes to speak your love language.
104. Being with you teaches me what I’ve never been, but always wanted to be.
105. Your love lifts me out of the muck I can get stuck in during daily life.
106. When you are in my life, there is love.
107. Just in case you need it: You are wonderful, loved, and amazing!
108. The supreme happiness in my life is in the conviction of knowing how much I love you.
109. Love is at the soul of a genius, if something I said sounds smart, you are my muse.
110. Being silly with you appears simple but feels so amazing.
111. Loving you is not the beginning or end; it is the path of growing together.
112. I know what love is, thanks to you.
113. I want to build bridges with you, never walls.
114. It isn’t gazing in your eyes, but rather us looking at a shared future that excites me.
115. Kind words can create confidence. Kind thinking can be profound. But your kind giving of time creates love.
116. You make my life at home.
117. Getting older doesn’t protect you from love, but building love can protect you from feeling older.
118. Love is one of the few true adventures. I enjoy our adventure together.
119. I have no remedy for loving you, just an addiction that I need more.
120. I know you aren’t a perfect person, but your imperfections make you unique and wonderful.
121. Love is a beautiful connection and bonding between two people. Life can’t just get better if there’s no love, feeling emotion to be felt for others.
There you have them, the best collection of classic quotes about love.
Let love be the background of your heart in all you do, and you’ll see things turning around for you by the amazing power of love.
Use the comment box, tell me which of the quotes resonate with you.
- Symptoms of Love | Signs You’re In Love (2021) - February 13, 2021
- (2021) Best Wishes and Congratulatory Messages on Marriage - February 13, 2021
- 100 Inspirational Sunday Morning Messages, Quotes and Prayers - February 9, 2021