70 Powerful Short Daily Prayer Points With Bible Verses for A Successful Day Filled With Blessings
There is perhaps no better time to see the need for consistent daily morning prayers; so we dedicate this post to providing you with morning devotion prayer points. Of course, prayer doesn’t have to be said in the morning only, therefore, these short daily prayer points can be prayed at anytime of the day.
The year 2020 came with a lot of surprises, most of which we were not prepared for. Many lost their jobs, money, and friends, and loved ones to the pandemic, and the effects are still looming. A lot of lessons were learned and for us as children of God, there was the need for us to be on our knees more than ever, and taking morning devotion prayer more serious.
This is 2021 and more often than not, we find ourselves overtaken by challenges and hurdles of life with the need to overcome. Prayer hasn’t always been easy but Christ has told us and assured us in Matthew 11: 28- come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.
Offering short daily prayers can effectively guarantee our protection, provision, and the required strength and wisdom for the day; not only for us but also for our family, friends, and loved ones.
Prayers move the hand and heart of God and nothing is impossible with him. Let it be of note that the place of private prayer is irreplaceable in the life of every Christian.
Here is a compilation of short daily prayer points with bible verses attached to help you in your personal spiritual growth and self-development journey. Pray them with all your heart and with faith in the promises of God; and watch God take over the rest.
Short Prayers of Thanks and Praise
God is always with us come rain, come shine, and even when we do not realize it.
On one hand, some of us praise God only in the good times when everything seems to be going as planned. On the other hand, many of us are in the habit of questioning God in bad times but are slow to praise him when things go well. This should not be the case.
It is important to praise and thank God in times of lack and want, as well as in times of abundance and blessings.
Perhaps you should be reminded that God inhabits the praises of his people. He’s all-sufficient and doesn’t need material things. However, what we can do is thank and praise him for his love, provisions, grace, and mercies.
Psalm 7: 17 says I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.
Make thanksgiving a habit, as part of your short daily prayer. Here are short prayers of thanks and praise that can be offered to God, which is the little we can give in exchange for all that he has done for us.
• Lord, I thank you for who you are and what you do. You alone deserve all my praise and worship.
Dear Father, I humbly come before You with a heart of praise to thank you; for I know that every good and perfect gift comes from You. I see all that you’ve done, and all that you’re doing for me, and I know I fail to thank you as I should. Forgive me and may I learn to do better. You alone deserve all my praise.
Thank you for loving me, for Christ’s death on the cross, resurrection, and the gift of salvation. Thank you for the forgiveness of sins and for making me worthy to be in your presence. I stand in awe of your love each day.
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of life and for waking me up this morning and starting me on my way. I ask that you help me see how truly blessed I am. Help me to put aside complaining today. Instead, I ask that my heart be filled with thanksgiving and gratitude in Jesus Name, Amen
• Lord thank you for all your blessings. For your favor unending and grace unmerited. You have proven over and over again that you are God and that your promises remain yes and amen. Help me to acknowledge that these blessings come from you. May we walk in your blessings and goodness today. Amen.
• Heavenly Father, I thank you for your provisions and all the awesome opportunities you bring my way each day. Thank you for making your way in the dark and for lighting up the way forward. Give me the grace to say thank you more often in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
• Thank you for my family, for keeping us together, and for the unity we share. You’ve been so faithful. Thank you for providing for us and showering us with your blessings for each day.
• Thank you, Lord, for good health and your strength. Even in times of weakness, you have upheld me and your banner over me is love always. I know it is not because of what I eat or drink that I am healthy. It’s your grace and love. I am forever grateful.
• Heavenly Lord, I thank you for your protection upon me, my family, and my loved ones. Even in these times of insecurity and fear, you have always been with us. You are constantly fighting our battles both seen and unseen. Thank you for your faithfulness in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I bless your name for the gift of the Holy Spirit. For his guidance every day. Oh, what a sweet teacher He is. Help me to grow and learn more in him and teach me to always be sensitive to His leading and instructions. I Jesus’ name, I prayed.
Related Post: Prayers for Our Loved Ones
Short Morning Prayers
The morning time is a wonderful time to spend with God. The habit of spending time with God on a daily basis should be cultivated; even if all we can do is offer short daily prayers; we are able to gain concentration and seek God’s face for our activities ahead.
We can easily get tired, fed up, or in a rush, especially in the morning, but offering prayers to God in the morning gives us the encouragement, inspiration, strength, peace, and grace for the day ahead.
Even Christ has set an example for us as seen in Mark 1: 35. And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
Here are some short morning prayers to help you through your day.
• Lord thank you for today and a beautiful morning such as this. I trust in your promises and unfailing love.
I commit today into your hands. Help me to walk in your grace and to hold on to all that you have in store for me today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I’m confused and uncertain about what may come my way. I lay all my fears and burdens upon you. I ask for the strength and peace that passes all understanding in Jesus Name, Amen
• Father, I ask for your forgiveness for all the errors and wrongs I’ve made yesterday. All the negativity and doubts I’ve had. Lord, help my thoughts. May my tongue speak life, love, and hope. Let my attitude reflect Christ in all I do today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I ask that you teach me to lean on and acknowledge you in everything. I want to acknowledge You so that You can direct my words, thoughts, and actions rightly. This is my desire. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I ask for your strength this morning. Each day I am flooded with struggles and trials. Help me to stand strong for you in this world full of temptations. Give me the grace to overcome today, and live a victorious life, no matter how strongly the devil fights. This is my prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I pray for guidance today. Help me to make good decisions and make the right choices. I pray for your Holy Spirit to direct my every step today, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear God, thank you for my family and friends. Bless every one of them, and keep them safe in all of their endeavors. Lord, if they may do something wrong today, please forgive them and bring them closer to you. Amen.
• Lord, thank you for your provisions each day. For food and water, and every good thing of life you bring my way. Lord, I ask that you meet my every need according to your riches in glory in Chris Jesus. Amen.
• Heavenly Father, every day comes with its script. Let today draw me nearer to you. Let me walk closer with you. Teach me your ways and help me open up myself to learning more of you.
More so, I pray that all things work together for my good. I am favored and blessed. in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Related Post: Developing A Powerful Prayer Life
Short Prayer for Healing and Recovery
Are you going through a period of disease or illness? Do you often feel sad, scared, alone, and uncertain of the future? Well, there’s good news for you.
God heals broken bodies, broken minds, broken hearts, and broken lives. His presence alone brings healing and wholeness. All you have to do is simply ask. Asking in prayer and believing in his healing powers through faith.
God has a plan for each one of us and it is not his will to see his children in pain. It says in Isaiah 53: 4-5. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes, we are healed.
Now whether the healing is instantaneous or a process is up to God. Just play your part and thank him for the work he has begun. Here are some short prayers for healing and recovery.
• Heavenly Father, I thank you for your love and mercy. Over and over you have shown yourself strong in my life. Thank you for keeping and preserving me even to this very day. Be thou exalted in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Lord, I ask for mercy for each of my faults, wrongs, and mistakes made. I know that I’m not worthy of your love but your blood cleanses me. Your redeeming love is so powerful. Thank you for your forgiveness, Amen.
Dear Jesus, I believe in your healing power. In time past, you have healed the sick and raised the dead with just one touch from your mighty hand. You are amazing. I believe that by your stripes I am healed in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Dear Lord, I stand in awe of your rule and reign. Let your restoration power touch me. Let your life grow and overflow in me. Amen.
• Heavenly Father, I ask for full recovery of the years I have lost due to this bondage of disease and pain. Let your name be glorified in my life in Jesus’ name Amen.
Lord Jesus, I pray that all the blessings and wealth be restored by your mercy. Let there be an outpouring of abundance from the windows of heaven upon my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Father Lord, I pray that a complete and speedy recovery from this illness be made manifest in my life in the name of Jesus.
Loving Father, you are the God of restoration. Your word made me understand that David was restored all that was stolen from him and he recovered all. So also, I recover all the enemy has taken from me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Heavenly Father, I use myself as a point of contact to every man and woman who are currently struggling with one illness or the other. I pray that you visit and grant them speedy and complete healing and recovery in the name of Jesus.
Thank you dear Lord for your faithfulness. Thank you for saving me from the clutches of death. Thank you for your power and strength even when I do not deserve it in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Short Prayer for Healing for a Friend or a Family Member
It can be very tough to watch the ones we love fall ill, whether mentally or physically. We are clouded with a great sense of fear and worry but we should not let it dampen our spirits.
When this happens, one of the best things we can do is to pray for them.
It doesn’t matter if they live far or near. God is not limited by distance. His mighty power can reach them wherever they are, and cause quick healing and recovery of sound health.
Here are short prayers of healing for a friend or family member. Pray with faith in the healing powers of God and let him handle the rest.
• Dear God, I thank you for the gift of my family and friends. They are so precious to me. Thank you for the blessings you bestow on them and all the abundance you’ve made available. Take all the praise in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I commit my friend and family into your hands. I pray that you be with them and help them with the struggles they are going through. You alone know their desires and where it hurts. I pray that you bring them healing today in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Heaven Lord, I ask that you draw near to them. Let your presence surround them. Cause their senses to be open to you that they may hear when you are speaking and leading them. Amen.
• Dear father, I pray that you speak to them as they read your word. Let it bring hope and comfort to them. Let your word speak peace to the storm in their lives, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Heavenly Father, I find it hard watching my loved one go through and endure so much pain. I may be powerless but I believe all power belongs to you. I ask that your balm of Gilead rest on them. Prove yourself, dear Lord, in Jesus Name, Amen/
• Dear Lord, I believe in your promises and that they are yes and amen always. I believe you can heal my friend ( mention the name of the person ). Touch him/her, Lord, and grant divine and speedy recovery, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
• Dear Lord, you bore our sins in your body on the tree, and by your wounds, we are healed. Let this healing power be made manifest in the life of my loved one in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
• Heavenly Father, you say that when we ask, it will be given. When we seek, it will be found. And to those who knock, the door will be opened. I know you are a loving father and you always give good things and add no sorrow. I ask for your healing balm today.
I ask that by your power, you will restore good health to my loved one. Heal every heart and grant full recovery in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your blood and the life it brings. Thank you for the victory we have in you through your death on the cross. We know will we win this war. Amen.
I ask that you grant my loved one the grace to speak positively. May our words be of faith and hope. Help us to think on the promises you have for us and not on the darkness of this disease in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, thank you for taking our pain and sickness away on the cross. Now, I claim that healing for my loved one. Thank you father for your mercy that you keep showering upon us and for the gift of that full and abundant health. Amen.
Related Post: Learning to Live A Life of Faith
Short Prayer for Protection and Guidance
The world around us is filled with happenings and events that can make us afraid and anxious. News of killings, death, kidnappings, and so on, take up a large portion of daily and weekly reports all over the world.
The bible says in Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
God has promised us that he will be with us. What He desires is that we let go of the fear and anxiety and live life to the fullest by faith in Him.
When you feel distressed and worried, here are some short prayers for protection and guidance. Any of these can be included in your short daily prayers. Hold on to the promises of God; for He is always with you.
• Lord, thank you for your protection over my life and for watching over me every waking moment. Thank you for looking out for me and holding me up. I bless you Lord in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Heavenly Father, I find joy and security in your presence. Thank you for being my Defender and Guide in times past and even now in the present. Help me Lord not to take it for granted in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
• Dear Father, I come before you today, head bowed. I ask for your protection from the evil one. Lord, let your banner of love surround me today. Create a hedge of protection around me and my family. Shield and protect us in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
• Dear Lord, you are our shield and buckler. Protect us from all evil and watch over us. Be with us in our going out and coming in; even from now and forever in Jesus’ name, Amen.
• Lord, I pray for my family and loved ones. Protect them and keep evil far from them. Help them to look to you as their strength and refuge and given them a discerning spirit in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, be with me and dwell within me. I ask that today and always, your angels be behind me, go before, and be beside me in all my endeavors, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
• Dear Father, place me in the shadow of Your wings. Even when things go wrong, help me to remember that You are with me always and that I am never alone. I depend on you to face the challenges of each day; and from you, I draw the required inspiration for victory; in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Heavenly Father, I thank you for guiding me each day and for directing my affairs. Thank you for your Holy Spirit.
Lord, I ask for your forgiveness in times when I’ve gone ahead of you. Give me the grace to listen and be obedient. Help me to know when to stop and listen for Your direction. Your ways are always perfect. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus’ name. Amen
• Dear Lord, I ask that you move more in my life. Help me not to grieve the Holy Spirit. Place in me a hunger and thirst for more of your Spirit so that I can walk closer with you in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Lord, protect and guide me today. Help me to be watchful and prayerful. Give me the grace to fix my eyes on you as the author and finisher of my Faith; in Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I come before you here with open hands and an open heart. I trust you to direct me today. Even as I go through tough situations, help me to rely on you for guidance in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, help me to live a life pleasing unto you today. Order my steps in your word and lead me In Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I thank You for those you have divinely placed in my life. Give me the grace to discern when you speak through them to me. I ask for the courage to obey even when it seems difficult. Let Your will prevail in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Related Post: Powerful Prayer that Works Fast
Short Prayer Before Starting Work
Each day presents a new opportunity: the opportunity to affect lives, correct mistakes, make an impact, and enjoy more fellowship with God.
Work can be stressful but engaging in prayer before starting work can help us start the day on the right foot, improve our outlook and even increase our productivity.
The Bible says in Deuteronomy 15: 10b “…because that for this thing the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.
Any of these can be prayed as short daily prayers in your office or at your place of business. It doesn’t take so much time to do so, and yet it can trigger a miracle for the day.
• Dear Father, thank you for waking me up this morning and for bringing me safely to work. I thank you for your love and care. Thank you because I know that the works of my hand is blessed. I thank you for your protection and I pray that you be with me through the activities of today in Jesus’ name. Amen
• Heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of life and for giving me this job. I praise you for your provision in Jesus’ name.
As I begin work today, I depend on you. I don’t know what today entails but I trust your decisions and directions. May both I and my colleagues be recipients of your will and favor today in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
• Dear Lord, be with us at work. I pray for your wisdom, inspiration, and insight. Give me the strength to work as a team, and bring out the best in others working with me. May we be efficient and effective in all we do in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I commit myself into your hands. Breathe your life into my work today that all I do today be blessed in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I ask for the grace to get along well with my colleagues and my employer. Be with me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I pray for strength today. I ask that you take away every form of weariness and help me put in my best. Take control of my life, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
• Lord, I ask that you help me to show your love to those working with me. May I be your representative to the world around me.
Help me to be sensitive to those you want to bless through me, and guide me to bring a smile to the wearied soul, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, give me a clear mind. Help me to concentrate on all I need to achieve, and give me the wisdom to overcome problems and get solutions. I trust and believe you are with me today; in Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
Related Post: How to Pray and Get Immediate Results
Bedtime Prayer for Protection
It is important for every child of God to end the day with thanks for the blessings of the day, no matter the circumstances; and it is also important to render short daily prayers for the night, as we commit the night-time into his Hands.
Psalm 91: 5-6, 11-12, says, “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Here are some bedtime prayers for protection to help you enjoy your rest and be rejuvenated for the coming day.
• Heavenly Father, I just want to say thank You for getting me safely to the end of the day. I exalt You for Your loving kindness and tender mercies.
Thank You for the strength for the day, and the wisdom to handle all activities.
I do not take for granted the guardian angel protecting me from harm and evil. I am so grateful. Be thou glorified in Jesus’ name.
Lord, thank you for my family and friends. I am grateful for keeping them and for how far you’ve brought us all. It is not by might nor by power but by your Spirit. Thank you, Lord, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Dear Lord, thank you for meeting our needs and the blessings you bestowed on me today. You were there at every turn. Thank you, Lord.
Father, thank you for your protection, and for bringing us once again to that time of the day when we can refresh our spirits and souls with a good night’s rest. Be glorified in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear Lord, I pray for forgiveness. Forgive me for the things I said or did that were not pleasing to your name, also for the times when I relied on my strength and abilities rather than on you. Cleanse me with your blood. Thank you for your mercy in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
• Dear Jesus, protect me from the terror by night, and the pestilence that walks in darkness. Let no evil come near me or my loved ones. Thank you for answering my prayers, in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
• Dear Lord, even as I lay down to sleep, I ask that you give your angels charge over me. While I sleep, I open up myself for your inspiration and Holy-Spirit – inspired dreams.
Thank you for I know you are watching over me and my family. Thank you for your love in Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
• Heavenly Lord, I ask that you bless me and my family with sweet and sound sleep. May we wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready for a new day.
Keep our home and neighborhood safe. Take all the glory Father, in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
• Father Lord, I commit all that is mine into your hands wherever they may be. Let your assured protection remain with them, and deliver them from every device of the evil one, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
• Dear God, as I go to bed tonight, I ask for your peace. I’ve had a stressful day and this has made me tired. Lord, bring calmness to my soul and grant refreshing rest to my body. I place everything into your hands. Take over in Jesus’ name. Amen.
It is understandable that tight schedules may not permit us to pray extensively during the week, but employing the strategy of short daily prayers, will help us to continually maintain our relationship with God, dictate the course of things, and maintain our spiritual glow.
No matter what, we must see to it that we always schedule time for prayer daily and give attention to the reading of the word of God.
Remember, Joshua 1:8 “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall read [and meditate on] it day and night, so that you may be careful to do [everything] in accordance with all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will be successful.”
Fantastic website you have here… Thank you!
You’re welcome. Thank you for the compliment…