Perhaps you’re wondering if he is the one or if she’ll not also be like others who have left your heart wounded. You need to be sure you’re getting it right and that you’re not mistaken or insinuating something that’s not true. Well, you’re not alone. It is necessary to be sure if what we (or the other person) feel are actually the symptoms of love, and not just an assumption, or lust.
Falling in love is a wonderful state of transitory mental derangement that leads you to form a relationship with the certainty that it will be forever. We are not going to remind you what happened to your previous crushes because we are in favor of you fully enjoying that feeling of euphoria and absolute happiness in falling in love. So, if you wonder how to know if you are in love right now, pay attention to the symptoms.
How do you know when someone loves you? How do you identify the symptoms of love? Science has some key questions to determine if you meet the three basic beliefs of love which are passion, intimacy, and commitment.
If there is something that everyone has ever wondered is, the feeling of being in love. Maybe what you feel right now is not love, like to just feel a strong attraction and this thought could lead to asking questions like, What makes you feel love.
Maybe you think that you have been in love before and you compare your current situation with the previous ones but that confuses you even more. So the big question is how do you know when you truly love someone. You’ll get the answer here, with a scientific method that leaves no room for doubt and that you can trust 100%.
Unfortunately, no computer algorithm that is capable of solving questions of the heart has yet been invented, but Psychology today has found the key questions we should ask ourselves to know if we are really in love or if what we are experiencing is something temporary or what does falling for someone mean.
In respect to some experts, love is based on the basic principles of passion, intimacy, and commitment. I.e., If these principles are present at a high level, then most likely you are really in love with that person that you have been seeing for the past few months, and if is the other way round which might show signs you’re not really in love.
To know your degree you must answer the following questions, but do not expect them to be all “yes or no”. Determining if what you feel is love is not so easy but these questions are concrete enough that you can end your ideas clear.
Passion is essential, but obviously, it is not the only thing necessary. However, it is the first step and therefore the first three questions are related to this feeling.
How often do you think of the other person?
Do you miss him/her when you’re apart?
Is it exciting or exhilarating to watch?
It is clear that if you have answered no to the second question, you do not need to continue doubting obviously.
Intimacy in this case is associated with how much you like another person, but in a more platonic way, we could say. You can like someone a lot and be just friends because what is missing is a passion or sexual attraction. But the two combined can lead to love. The questions are as follows:
How connected do you feel towards the other person?
How well does the other person know what your emotions and feelings are?
Do you think both of you feel the same level of affection for the other?
Passion and intimacy are necessary for any relationship, but if you are in love, you will be willing to reach a level of commitment impossible in any other situation. If you don’t feel the need to take the relationship seriously then you already have your answer. Certainly, you’re not in real love, perhaps, you’re infatuated.
In this post, here are the last two questions of the questionnaire on how to tell if you love someone.
Do you feel responsible and care about the welfare of the other person?
Are you willing to give everything to be with him/her?
If you comply with the three principles there is nothing more to add. The only thing left for you to do is take the step and tell the person you love and be happy.
Of course, try not to make the typical mistakes that more couples usually break up and choose the age at which you are going to marry well so that it is for life. Although good, we can leave the latter for better later.
Related Post: Ways To Improve Communication in Relationship
Signs You’re Passionately in Love
When you fall in love, you reach such a state of happiness that many people get hooked on the person they love. Yes, there are addicts to falling in love and it does not surprise us at all because who does not enjoy love?
And note that, not all the symptoms of falling in love are positive.
1. The butterflies: The international signal to know that you are in love is butterflies in the stomach. Unless you are dieting and it is hunger. (LOL).
That fluttering in your stomach, which can only be the result of finding yourself in love with the ‘ideal’ man or woman. Do you get it? Yeah. It is better felt than explained.
2. Obsessive thinking: Logically, the occasion requires thinking about this intense moment that you find yourself. It’s a somewhat obsessive thought that revolves around the object of your love- the newly found half.
3. Lack of concentration: That obsessive thought towards the loved one makes you unable to focus on anything other than him/her. Sometimes, you try to deliver yourself from this distraction, but it just doesn’t work. This could be the sign that you’re really in love.
4. Permanent smile: He/ She is also the cause of that smile that has been installed on your lips and that does not leave you even in work meetings, especially when you remember him/her or receive a message from the person. I call it the “love-smile”.
5. Palpitations: Falling in love produces a series of physical symptoms and not all of them are pleasant, even if you don’t care much right now.
Palpitations, rapid heart rate, and sweating are just a few examples of how your body can react to the presence of that person your heart is loving. It’s one of the ways your sensory reacts to love.
6. Vitality: You are full of energy and vitality. Now you can do it all, with long nights full of romps and getting up early to go to work with more energy than ever. Love can make you feel this rush of energy, vitality, and strength to conquer.
7. Blindness: Blindness is one of those worrisome infatuation symptoms, but there’s nothing we can do to prevent you from seeing Prince Charming when he’s most likely just a toad with claims of royalty. Nothing happens, you enjoy the blindfold until it falls off.
8. Pink shades: The visual disorders of falling in love are not limited to blindness. It’s not that you don’t see anything, it’s that you don’t see things as they are because everything is covered in a pastel pink shade that you love. This may not be an obvious sign to you now, because everything looks really beautiful to you.
9. Excitement: In falling in love there is not only romance, but there is also a passion. That’s why you get excited just thinking that in half an hour you will see him and you are already imagining how the meeting will end. It’s a feeling that can make you feel on top of the world, and it’s alright.
10. Beauty: Both you and others can tell that you are in love because you are more beautiful. And no, you haven’t changed your cream or put on any special treatment. That glow in your eyes, that sparkle in your gaze, and that radiant skin give you this glowing look.
Sometimes, this can be a result of the extra attention you give to your appearance and to looking really good for your Romeo or Juliet.
11. Insomnia: Perhaps the only time insomnia is welcome into your life and cannot be treated by medical means is when you fall in love. Either because you are very busy developing your passionate side with the subject, or because you get into bed and you cannot stop thinking about him/her.
We warn you: you are going to spend a season sleeping very little.
12. Fantasies: You do not know the image you have until you fall in love. When have you wanted a house, three dogs and two children? That’s what falling in love can do to you.
13. Dependence: We always warn about the danger that emotional dependence has on a partner, but in the early stages of falling in love, it’s unavoidable.
If you can, try to get rid of that feeling as soon as possible.
14. Self-esteem: What falling in love takes away from you on the one hand in terms of dependence on the loved one, it puts on the other. Because your self-esteem has gone up 10 points, or 100. Now, you feel like you’ve measured up. You feel more confident around friends. That’s not bad.
15. The feel of Power: Don’t you feel more powerful, more capable, and stronger now? Love is a powerful feeling and it carries over to your personality.
Related Topic: Sweet Quotes About Love
Symptoms of Love In Girls
We understand love as a large bunch full of different and varied grapes: passion, admiration, desire, erotic play, spark, affection, respect, communication, sincerity, tolerance, humor, complicity, sensitivity, imagination, fantasy, loyalty, mystery, seduction e.t.c., and all the ones you want to add.
Due to the differing psychological make-up of boy and girl, or should I say, male and female, girls love a little differently compared to guys. So, if you’re reading this as a girl, you may relate to the following symptoms of love in a girl.
But then, before going into that, let’s quickly look into the stages of falling in love.
1. Desire stage: Desire is the energy that prompts us to “see” others.
2. Stage of fatal attraction: Our desire is diversified towards several people, we like several people. It is the typical phase in which “rollers”, “rolls” usually occur and that will end in commitment or a roll.
In this stage, short circuits are common, that is, one of the couples may approach the next stage and feels the other is exclusive and the other continues in the same and does not feel the other as exclusive, then the ” little horns”, which we believe could be forgivable because the level of commitment is still in the adjustment phase.
3. Infatuation stage: Or “queen” stage, where the greatest emotional battle is fought. It is when we say to ourselves, “this person is for me.” Crying, joy, enthusiasm, disappointment occur in this stage.
It is the “disease” phase, but it is a curable and temporary disease that will inevitably end in two possible ways: rupture, abandonment, “we cut”, or we continue in the race.
You never have to make important decisions at this stage, for example, you should never marry while in love in this phase you see the other person as perfect, and of course, one is quite perfect but not pluperfect.
4. Stage of love: This stage implies dedication, teamwork becomes essential and each member of the team exploits their virtues to try to continue in the race until the end. This phase ends in heartbreak, divorce, breakup, or will continue.
But the fact is how to know if you still love someone.
The excitements in love are one of the most beautiful and fascinating emotions that people can experience, although it can also lead to bad experiences.
But identifying signs someone is in love with you and acting accordingly, can become complex. Psychologically, we want to make things a little easier for you and provide you with a series of symptoms, behaviors, and attitudes that help you identify whether or not a girl or woman is in love.
Yea, follow us through:
Not all girls or women are cut from the same pattern, just as every man is also completely different. However, several signs may indicate that a girl or woman is experiencing infatuation. In the composure or thought of the person for whom she feels love, a woman in love may present the following changes:
1. You want to spend more time with the person you are in love with.
2. Smile frequently at comments and even at the mere presence of that person.
3. Seeks to tell him how your day went.
4. You blush at any emotional contact.
5. She minimizes the less-good parts of that person while exaggerating the best.
6. A woman will include you in all her plans for the future if she loves you.
7. She has the confidence to tell you the most embarrassing thing about herself.
8. Eye contact: An intense feeling of joy, euphoria, and happiness overwhelm her when such occur.
9. Her energy increased.
10. You may lose your normal sleep rhythm.
11. Pressure on the chest, you are smiling, you want to have that person always with you, by your side.
12. You can’t get that person out of your head. He is indecipherable, I remember his smell, his hands, his clothes, his teeth e.t.c.,
13. Happiness, a lot of happiness but at the same time insecurity that you might lose that person.
14. Feeling of well-being, you want to be with that person and share everything.
15. You feel good and happy. You only think of that person and the rest does not matter, but when it is over? it hurts and hurts.
16. Everything is rosy and sorrows are not so bad. You feel that there is only that person in the world.
Explaining it in words is very difficult. You feel joy, although things are not seen. You feel happiness, tingling, and despair.
You are in the clouds all day and you always think of the same person. You feel joy, like the world is in your favor.
An intense Joy, that you are always happy and a feeling of well-being prolonged when you are next to that person you love.
The feeling that you just wanted to be with that person and each day without him seemed eternal, that you only wanted his good and It was like a part of you. All these thoughts give the signs you’re in love with your crush.
You want to know how he is doing all the time, if he thinks of you, if he misses you, you want all the best for him.
You feel dependent on that person, you feel that you are with him.
You feel happy, that you live in a strange world and you almost always smile when you think of it.
It is a whirlpool of emotions, sometimes you feel one way and other times the opposite.
It feels the most beautiful and the saddest thing if, as in some cases, you are not reciprocated.
These feelings may be weird but it’s okay. It’s natural and normal.
Love is often a torrent of feelings and excitements to which we do not always know how to react. Therefore, knowing if you are beginning to feel love for someone can be much more complicated than it seems.
Sometimes, questions like;
Do I love him or am I just lonely? Do I love him or the idea of him? Comes to mind and the inaction to figure out what our emotions are stating do leave us in awe.
But not to worry, we’ve got you a well-documented message to ponder on.
Love produces effects in us that can be grouped into three categories, which are Cognitive signals, Physiological and Emotional signals, and behavioral signals.
All of them are described below and are typical regardless of whether who attracts you is a man or a woman.
Of course, keep in mind that none of these signs in itself is enough to confirm that you are in love; They serve, more than anything, as an orientation, and the more that is fulfilled, the greater the possibility that love has emerged.
1. You go into a state of alert every time you see that person: This is the typical sign that appears when we are in the initial stages of falling in love, but as time passes it disappears. It is a sign of infatuation that appears when the other person is relatively unknown.
Of course, it is also perfectly possible to fall in love with someone who has already been known for a long time, which means that in these cases, it might be signs you’re not really in love and that does not mean that there is no love.
2. You create occasions to be together. This is another of the typical signs, and it occurs in both men and women. Of course, in the case of women, there is a stigma linked to gender roles that make many of them feel uncomfortable when it comes to being more direct than men. For this reason, it is very common for them to create occasions to indirectly approach the person they are interested in.
3. You create plans for the future. Another of the tricks to know if you are in love is to check if when that person is not there, they also occupy your thoughts. And the way this is typically reflected is by fantasizing about plans, imagining a reality in which you form a solid and happy couple.
This exercise of imagination tends to appear spontaneously, without premeditation, in people who are in love. And what does love mean in a relationship might be the next question that comes to mind?
4. You are very worried about his future: Love not only has elements related to illusion and positive thoughts about what can happen in the future. There is also a concern about how bad it might happen to the other person, even if that is not something objectively very harmful to them.
5. Conversations drag on effortlessly When there are nerves and you don’t know that person much, it is normal that it takes effort to start a conversation and the first minutes have passed, but once this step has been taken, the dialogue flows easily.
Of course, this fact is not exclusive to falling in love; It also happens when we like someone a lot, so it should be considered a necessary but insufficient sign that there is love. The only exception to this is when the other is not at all interested in relating to us, or when physical or psychological disturbances come into play that affects the ability to communicate with people in general.
6. The idea that the person can be trusted appears: This is another sign you love him deeply. When a strong affective bond has been established, we go from trying to hide all our defects (something typical of the phase in which we try to seduce the other because we like them and we do not want to generate rejection) and we begin to value more transparency honestly.
The behavior of a woman in love is completely oriented to obtain the attention of the person who makes her experience that feeling. It is also said that the body can betray us when we are in love because, even if we try by all means to restrain our instincts and emotions, it will have more control than we want, which is part of the feeling of being in love.
These changes are mostly due to the chemical changes that falling in love produces.
Some girls or women act silently when they are in love due to low self-esteem and fear of being rejected, they hide their emotions towards the person and try to avoid in any way for the other not to discover that they are in love.
For example, looking at the person, especially when he or she is distracted, thus avoiding the possibility of creating eye contact and being discovered. Also, talk about that person to everyone, however, the moment they appear, they automatically become quiet and serious. Which makes you ask how do you know when you’re in love with him.
Since you do not want to be discovered by the other person, your behavior will be elusive and indifferent. If you know her, you will know that this is not her usual behavior, so there you have a clue that she can feel for you.
Even if he tries to prove otherwise, what you do or what you say affects him. This is a complicated situation because, without you knowing it, you may be telling the person who is in love with you that you like another person. That is why their way of acting before this indicates their feelings towards you.
Related Post: Being A Mature Lady In A Relationship
Symptoms of Love In A Boy
He loves me, doesn’t he?
If the answer to this question could be as simple as plucking those petals – one for him loves me, one for him doesn’t love me – but unfortunately, it is nowhere near that.
It is much more complicated.
But how can you tell where the problem is? And why is it so hard to find someone who is truly, passionately, and deeply in love with you?
Love can be a very difficult thing. You might run into an idiot who swears, with his life, that he loves you as he had never, ever, loved anyone else. And in an actual sense, he doesn’t give a damn about you and is only at it for a little action along the way, nothing serious.
The problem is that you are going to become fond of him and therefore easily hurt when you finally discover that he is a complete jerk.
On the other hand, you might have a genuinely nice guy who truly loves you, but maybe he’s not ready to say it yet, maybe he’s been hurt before, and now he’s playing it safe.
Love is like that. It’s a strange and sometimes scary feeling, and some people choose to keep their guard up so as not to get hurt. This does not mean that that special someone doesn’t love you. So don’t mistake him for a jerk. He’s just waiting to make sure you’re not going to hurt him. Put yourself in their shoes, won’t you do the same?
I know many of you can relate to this. I know most of you want that sign that he is really in love with you. And trust me, if you dig a little deeper into their behavior, you will find several of them.
Even though he has told you that he loves you a couple of times before, now you need some proof: words don’t carry the same weight as deeds.
We’ve learned from experience that some men are lousy at showing their emotions, so they do it incognito, but there are several signs that he loves you deeply.
1. Treats you like a lady. The first undeniable sign a man is falling in love is when he treats you like a lady. Today, especially young men are not as skilled at seducing and treating women as they deserve, so it is always a pleasant surprise to find a man who knows your good manners, who knows how to treat you with respect.
This means that he opens the door for you like a true gentleman, occasionally buys you gifts, treats you with respect, walks proudly with you in public, and always makes sure that you are safe and happy.
He treats you as his equal and it would never occur to him to act superior to you.
He knows that you two are partners in ‘crime’ and understands the importance of compromise. If your man treats you like this, remember that it is very important that you treat him the same way.
2. Speak proudly of you. He never misses an opportunity to “show off” his girlfriend to his friends or family, or just about everyone. I mean he does it, but not annoyingly and aggressively, he does it cutely because he’s proud of you and wants the whole world to know it. Which is another sign a man is in love.
You have to remember that when a man loves you deeply, he will appreciate every little thing that you have done, no matter how insignificant they are.
Also, if you fail at something, he will be there to lift your spirits. He will be the one to show you the light in the dark and remind you of all the good things you have done. It will remind you that you have made mistakes before and that you have survived them. This is also a physical sign of love from a man.
3. He ‘spoils’ you. Another sign that he loves you deeply is when he tries to spoil you, he wants to give you everything you want and he wants to grant you all your wishes as much as it lies in his ability.
4. He will introduce you to his friends. When a boy is very proud of the girl he loves, he does not hesitate to introduce her to his friends. This is a very important sign that he loves you deeply.
Any man who is truly in love is not afraid to hear what his friends have to say about his wife. For him, all that matters is the happiness between the two of you, not what other people are going to say. What others think is irrelevant, so if you get a call “I want you to meet my friends“, you are in.
5. Then come the parents. This is another proven sign that he loves you. If a man is not in love with you and is only playing games, he will never introduce you to his parents. He knows that you are not staying long enough because he is not serious with you.
But if you go to dinner with his parents, you know you have a guardian. Well done!
6. He goes where you want to go. Another good sign that he loves you deeply is when he cares about your wishes. Men who are always open to your ideas of where to go are true guardians. He will put aside his wishes just because he wants to make you happy. Even if you don’t like Chinese food that much, you are going to a Chinese restaurant because you wanted to try the new specialty on their menu.
Remember, don’t overuse the fact that he’s being so nice to you and indulging him now and then. You deserve it!
7. He is understanding. If a man loves you, he will support you whatever happens. Instead of saying that you are a lame dreamer who refuses to live in the real world, a real man who loves you deeply will stand by your side and support you in everything that matters to you. He will be the one to tell you to dream big because you can do it!
8. Sends you compliments all the time. The guy who loves you deeply will pay you a lot of compliments. He will tell you that you look spectacular and truly mean it. He doesn’t miss the opportunity to remind you how beautiful you are. And yes, that feels great!
9. Put out all old flames. For him, the past is in the past. The old girlfriends he had before you are not a threat because he doesn’t want to have anything with them, not anymore. He sees a future with you and doesn’t want to bet on hooking himself on an old flame that will never burn again. He will focus entirely on you and will not allow anyone to come between you.
10. He wants to know you. He’s not pretending to listen to you. When you speak, he listens to you. Pay attention to every detail you tell him. He listens to your childhood stories with enthusiasm because he knows he will learn more about you. Pay attention to what is happening in your life and remember the great moments such as work presentations or the like.
11. He wants to make a good impression on your friends. His friends and family are as important to him as they are to you. He will never be an idiot to your friends because he doesn’t want to insult you.
12. He genuinely cares about your happiness. He will go the extra mile for you in any situation, just to make you happy. There is nothing he likes more than seeing your smiling face. There is nothing he likes more than seeing you satisfied and relaxed. If he can do something to make you like that, he will. If you need something, do not hesitate to ask because he will be there for you at any time of the day.
13. The time you spend together flies by. Some people suck your life out of you. They tire you out and wear you out. You don’t have to hate them or anything like that, but having them around is not okay. But there are people, like him, in whose presence time flies by.
You can’t get enough of him. Your conversations are interesting and although they last a long time, you have the feeling that you have been talking for five minutes. Interaction with the man who loves you deeply is super easy.
14. He is honest. He will always tell you exactly what he is thinking. If they think you’ve made a mistake, they will tell you in a kind and courteous way. He doesn’t want to start a fight, but he doesn’t want to lie to you either. He will put everything on the table, so as not to spoil things with you.
15. Always use the word “we”. He loves you so much and sees you in his future with him. That is why he increasingly uses the word “we” instead of “me.” If you listen to this while he is talking to you or someone else about you, you don’t have to worry about anything. He sounds serious.
16. He protects you. If he cares about you when you are not around, that means he wants to protect you because he loves you. Do not confuse this with acts of jealousy. If you go around and hit everyone who talks to you, it’s alarming. But if he just wants to protect you, well, that’s love.
Never take your man for granted and be as nice to him as he is to you. True love is hard to find, so appreciate the one you were lucky enough to have.
- 110 Friendship Appreciation Messages and Quotes| Words of Gratitude - March 5, 2021
- Symptoms of Love | Signs You’re In Love (2021) - February 13, 2021
- (2021) Best Wishes and Congratulatory Messages on Marriage - February 13, 2021