Prayer is not just communication with God; in addition to that, prayer is a vulnerability with God, where we have no strength in ourselves, a state of “except the Lord builds a house, the builders build in vain”.
Therefore rendering prayers to God for help in difficult times is a wise thing to do.
Prayer for the impossible is biblical. The scripture is full of testimonies of how men offered prayer to God for help and their impossible situations were turned into miracles.
There are several examples of men who prayed to God for divine intervention, such as Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Esther, and so on. King David was a man of prayer, his prayers to God for help and the impossible are spread out in the book of Psalms.
Of course, we are in a time where science and technology have drastically advanced, and there seems to be nothing impossible for man in the scheme of things. However, a man comes to a place of impossibility when his strength, wisdom, and power fails, thus, seeing a need for supernatural intervention.
To some, prayer is an occasional tool to be used when all roads are blocked. But we shouldn’t wait until when we have the need for a miracle or in dare need of God’s help before fellowshipping with God in prayers. Prayer should not wait until we encounter a human or natural situation that defies science and technology.
- Scriptures For The Impossible
- Prayers For The Impossible
- Miraculous Prayer For Urgent Need
- Prayer For Impossible Situations
- Prayer For Help With Problems
- Prayer For Help And Guidance
- Prayers To God For Help In Difficult Times
- Divine Intervention Prayer Points
- Prayer For Marriage Partner
- Strong Prayers For Miracles
Scriptures For The Impossible
The Bible verses below are some of the miracles Jesus performed as well as how we can have the faith to believe in a miracle;
Acts 3:16 “By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see”.
Jeremiah 32:27 “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?”
Luke 18:27 “Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”
Mark 9:23 “ ‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
Job 5:8-9 “But if I were you, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. 9 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted”.
Mark 16:17-20 “And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name, they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
They will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.
Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it”.
Acts 19:11-12 “God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them”.
Related Post: What To Do When Things Become Difficult
Prayers For The Impossible
Luke 18:27 “Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”
Prayer for the impossible ranges from our walk with God, work for God, health, academics, marriage, finances, job, e.t.c. It is true and important that we pray without ceasing, however, God desires that we especially pray to him when we encounter ‘mountains’ alont the journey of life.
The following prayers will be of great help when we experience a situation that seems overwhelming, illogical, or difficult to deal with.
It is however important to reiterate that faith is a necessity in prayers to God for help.
1. Father, I adore you because you are the God of all mankind. It is beautiful to know that the earth is yours and its fullness. Your word says all things are possible with you. Therefore, I ask for your help concerning this situation as all other help has failed. Make possible this impossible situation, that your name alone be glorified.
2. I thank you Father for who you are. You are beautiful and you make all things beautiful. My confidence is in the truth that nothing is hard for you to do, in accordance with your word. I have come to my wit-end and I can’t see any way forward. I, therefore, ask that as you parted the Red Sea, make a way in this dead sea (situation). Show me the way forward. Help me not to be stranded.
3. Gracious Father, you perform wonders and your ways are unfathomable. I have seen all over scriptures how you turn situations around and defy even the laws of nature. I believe there is nothing impossible for you to do. I, therefore, invite you into this situation and ask that you make a wonder out of it.
4. God of all possibilities, I am grateful for your word that never changes regardless of my situation or circumstances. Father, with the many distractions and voices around me seeking my attention, walking with you seems impossible. I ask that you hold my hands and grant me the grace to follow you and have an intimate relationship with you.
5. Father, it is indeed you that works in me to will and to do of your good pleasure. This instruction you have given me seems impossible to execute. I can’t bring it to reality on my own, I, therefore, ask that you set in and make the seemingly impossible possible, that men may see my goods works and glorify you.
6. My Father, the balm of Gilead, the one whose will it is for me to be in perfect health. I am at a dead-end in my health, and all other help has failed, nothing seems to be working and I am tired of trying all to no avail. I look to you, like the woman with the issue of blood, and ask that you make you whole.
7. Father, it feels good to know you are interested in my academics and my great success in this area. I have not been at my best, I have not given my best, and I acknowledge it. However, I ask in your mercy that you cause me to find favor in the sight of all my lecturers and mates, and give me another chance to make things work by your grace.
8. Father, I come to you like the prodigal son, wasted and helpless. I have mismanaged the resources you gave me and I have accrued to my name a debt I can’t bring myself out of. Father, I ask that you come to my rescue and miraculously sort out these bills as I can’t see a way out on my own and by my strength. I put my trust in you and give up my human devices for your divine wisdom.
Related Post: The Power of Staying Positive in Hard Times
Miraculous Prayer For Urgent Need
Matt.6.31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, “What shall we eat?’ or “What shall we drink?’ or “What shall we wear?’
Matt.6.32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
Matt.6.33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
In the time of great needs, when things seem so difficult and unbearable, if we will humble ourselves and whisper passionately some prayers to god for help, he’ll certainly come for us.
God is interested in meeting your needs. It is necessary to bear this in mind as you pray these miraculous prayers for urgent need, so you may exercise faith to receive expectantly.
9. Father, thank you for caring so much for me and commanding me to cast my cares on you because you care for me. I have an urgent need (mention your need) and I choose to cast this care upon you, as I cannot fulfill it.
I believe in you as the God that provides and I know you’ll answer me because you said I should ask and you’ll answer me.
10. Father, I give you praise, for you are the reason I’m still standing here today. I am in urgent need as regards my finances. I am aware you became poor, that I, through your poverty may become rich. I, therefore, stand on your word and ask that you show me a way out of this financial helplessness.
11. Heavenly Father, I am confident that if you dress the grass of the field with beauty and splendor, you will clothe me. I, therefore, cease from my worry that is unable to and add an inch to my height or bring the solution I need and put my trust in you, to the glory of your name.
12. Faithful Father, your word says if we that are evil can give good gifts to our children, how much more you. It is beautiful to know I have a Father that is so concerned about my needs and willing to meet them. I, therefore, bring these urgent needs to you in absolute confidence that you will meet them.
Related Post: Prophetic Prayers To Turn Things Around
Prayer For Impossible Situations
Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?”
An impossible situation is one that our wisdom, strength, power, money, connection, e.t.c has failed to proffer solution to. They are not too big for God to handle. Below are prayers for impossible situations.
13. God of Abraham, the One that gave life to the dead body of a 100-year-old man. You gave Abraham and Sarah a son even at their old age. I look to you over this impossible situation. If you did it before, I believe you can do it again.
14. God of heaven, you are the Way-maker. You specialize in making the impossible possible. I give this situation to you, as I can’t seem to find a way around all that is happening in my life. Be gracious to me and speak your peace over this situation.
15. Lord, you do not change, but you are able to change any situation. My heart cries out for your salvation. Save me oh Lord and turn this situation around, that I may witness to your almightiness.
16. Father, you parted the Red Sea and caused the children of Israel to walk on dry land, there is nothing hard for you to do, and there is absolutely no impossibility in you. I, therefore, present this impossible situation before you and ask that you make yourself and your power known.
Prayer For Help With Problems
Psalm 46:1, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”
James 1:2-4, “My friends, consider yourselves fortunate when all kinds of trials come your way, for you know that when your faith succeeds in facing such trials, the result is the ability to endure. Make sure that your endurance carries you all the way without failing, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing”.
God is always there to help us. The way out of any challenge life throws at us is to hit our knees on the ground and make heartfelt prayer for help with problems to God for his intervention. He’ll surely come to your rescue.
Life cannot drown us with God on our side when we say prayers to God for help.
17. Lord, I praise you for you are a very present help in time of trouble. Father, I need your help with this mess around. I acknowledge I shouldn’t have allowed my emotions to control me, neither should I have neglected the leading of the Holy Spirit. But in your mercy, save me and restore to me the joy of your salvation.
18. Father, many are my afflictions but I rejoice in your promise to deliver me. I run to you, for you are my refuge, you are my safe place, and you are my helper. Send your help my way and give me peace from all my troubles.
19. Father, I am having a difficult time this season of my life. In fact, everything seems to be deteriorating. However, I trust that you are able to help me. I am sure that with your mighty hands, you can bare me up in this storm.
20. Father, your word says that in this world I shall have tribulations, but you encouraged me to be of good cheer for you have overcome the world. I believe your word and begin to see the reality of this word in every area of my life that is troubled, In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Related Post: What To Pray When You Have No Clue
Prayer For Help And Guidance
Psalm 32:8, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you”.
Isaiah 30:21, “And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.”
Isaiah 58:11, “And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”
Proverbs 3:6, “In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
God is not expecting us as his children to walk the course of life without his help. He admonishes us to trust him for guidance as he knows the end from the beginning. Here are some prayers for help and guidance in all areas of life;
21. Great Shepherd of my soul, lead me in the way I should go. Order my steps and show me the path to walk in. Let your light guide me, let your truth set me free, for with you I cannot go astray.
22. Dear Lord, I cease from following my emotions and feelings, they have succeeded in leading me nowhere. I shut my ears to voices that are not you and fix my gaze on you, for you alone are able to lead me beside the still waters.
23. Father in heaven, hold my hands and guide me through life. You are my Father and I am your son, therefore, I know your will guide me in this confusion and instruct me what to do. I give ears to your instructions which are able to lead me to safety.
24. Father, I repent for running ahead of you and not acknowledging you in all of your ways. Help me listen for your direction at all times and grant me the grace to follow through on your instructions, trusting that you have my best interest at heart.
In Jesus’ name, I Pray. Amen.
Related Post: Motivating Quotes About Life To Keep Going
Prayers To God For Help In Difficult Times
Isaiah 41:10,13, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand… For I, the LORD your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’
Psalm 121:1-2, “I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”
25. God, I adore you because you are my refuge and strength, my very present help in times of trouble. Send me help from above. Like a hungry child to his nursing mother, I look to you for help as it can only come from you.
26. Lord, you are the helper of the helpless, the husband to the widow, the father to the fatherless. I have no one to help me except you. I cease looking to men for help and fix my gaze on you. I cease from all my worries and trust in your ability to help me.
27. Lord, it is true that unless you build a house, those that build, build in vain. Help me in my walk with you, in my work for you, in my love towards men, and in all areas of my, that your name alone is glorified in and through my life.
Related Post: Lord, I Need Your Help Prayer Quotes
Divine Intervention Prayer Points
Daniel 6:22 “My God sent his angel to shut the lions’ mouths so that they would not hurt me, for I have been found innocent in his sight. And I have not wronged you, Your Majesty.
Exodus 15:4 “Pharaoh’s chariots and army he has hurled into the sea. The finest of Pharaoh’s officers are drowned in the Red Sea.”
Esther 7:10 “So they impaled Haman on the pole he had set up for Mordecai, and the king’s anger subsided.”
1 Samuel 1:20 “and in due time she gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, for she said, “I asked the Lord for him.”
To say prayers to God for help for divine intervention is to trust God for his involvement in our lives and situation. Below is a short prayer for divine intervention; that can be used for all situations.
28. O God, you know my foolishness and sin. You see how I have put myself in this mess, but you, O God make a message out of this mess, that your name alone be glorified.
29. Heavenly Father, I ask that you intervene in my situation. All else has failed and my strength seems to be failing. Do what only you can do and have your way in my life.
30. O Lord, my prayer is unto you. In the multitude of your mercy hear me and deliver me out of my troubles. Let not the water overflow me, neither let the troubles swallow me up. Save me, O God.
Prayer For Marriage Partner
Genesis 2:18, “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.”
Proverbs 18:22, “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.”
31. Father, bring me to a state of rest that you may bring out of me, the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh; the one I can call a partner for life. I trust you to guide me and order my steps and that of my future spouse.
32. Father, it is beautiful to know you established the institution of marriage and you do not want me to be alone. Help me to be well-positioned, that the man after your heart may find me, haven obtained favor from you.
33. Father, even as I look to you for the help meet for me, help me to grow in your wisdom while I wait for the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh. Show me areas in my life I need to develop even while I wait. Help me and my future spouse to grow in love, character, patience, wisdom, and all that helps a relationship stand.
Strong Prayers For Miracles
Matt.14.19, “Then He commanded the multitudes to sit down on the grass. And He took the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples, and the disciples gave to the multitudes.”
Matt.15.36, “And He took the seven loaves and the fish and gave thanks, broke them and gave them to His disciples; and the disciples gave to the multitude.”
Matt.15.37, “So they all ate and were filled, and they took up seven large baskets full of the fragments that were left.”
34. Miraculous God, I have read how you fed the five thousand with five loaves of bread and two fishes. I have read how you used a virgin to bring your son into this world. I believe you are able to perform such an awestruck miracle in my life. I believe it, and I receive it.
35. Almighty God, your word says you perform wonders that cannot be fathomed and miracles that cannot be counted. Let my life be one of such miracles and use my life to express such miracles, to the glory of your name.
Dear lover of God, pray without ceasing, in times of peace and in times of “war”, wholly putting your trust in God, in faith and confidence that he hears you.
No matter what you may be going through, God is delighted in your prayers and wants to help you as you express your prayers of help to God in times of need.
I’m joining faith with you in prayer, as you expect a miracle!