Pastoring a church, whether big or small, is one of the most assiduous responsibilities in the body of Christ.
A pastor’s work in the church cannot be overemphasized. They are saddled with the responsibility to organize and conduct weekly and Sunday services as well as other programs like baptisms, counseling sessions, weddings, and funerals.
They are also there to guide and ensure that the soul God has given them walk with Christ and fulfill their God-given purpose.
Pastors work tirelessly on behalf of their flocks, and it is ideal that you, as a member, send your pastor appreciation quotes or appreciation message to recognize and thank him for his effort and how much he has done in your life. This will not only give him a feeling of fulfilment; it will also serve as an encouragement to do more. And yes, your pastor also needs some words of encouragement.
Some folks think that pastoring a church is easy and that a pastor’s only busiest day is Sunday. They are not aware of the late-night phone calls, hospital visits, and prayer for members of the congregation who seem to have one challenge or the other?
And it is important to not forget, that Pastors are human beings like you too. They are not robots! Learning how to thank them, and doing so frequently, is so important. Sending your pastor appreciation quotes shows how grateful you are for his hard work and will inform him how much he has been able to impact and influence you positively over the years.
Above all, every genuine spiritual leader / Priest deserves our encouragement and support. Doing this will further help to re-energize them so that they can continue doing their good work.
Hence, I have prepared about 140 pastor appreciation quotes, thank you messages, prayers, wishes and words of encouragement at different sections of this article. You can send them to your pastor as well as your friends to express their sense of gratitude towards the man of God in their various faith-based community churches.
- Pastor Appreciation Message And Quotes
- Short Thank You Pastor Quotes
- Words To Express Gratitude to Pastor
- Inspirational Words for Pastor Appreciation
- How To Appreciate A Man Of God
- Words To Honor A Pastor or Priest
- Appreciating Your Pastor With Words
- Words of Appreciation for A Pastor And His Wife
- Thank You Pastor for Your Leadership And Spiritual Oversight
- Thank You Message for Spiritual Mentor or Father
- Scriptures For Pastors Encouragement
Pastor Appreciation Message And Quotes
I Thessalonians 5:12-13 says: “And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders, who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love”
The above verse of the scripture shows that pastors are saddled with great but delicate responsibilities. As I have said earlier, they are those who guide us in our walk with God as well as all the matters of the church. So why shouldn’t they be showered and drenched with rains of appreciation from their members for their relentless effort?
You’re in the right place and I got you covered if you’re looking for some beautiful pastor appreciation message or thank you pastor quotes to send to your pastor for the part he has played in your life and in the church of God.
1. Your messages are full of insight, revelation, and truth. Thank you for preaching the whole counsel of God. I am forever grateful.
2. Dear Pastor, you have been such a blessing to my family. May God continually bless your household and your ministry.
3. I thank God for giving you the knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Your sermons are so touching that they inspire me to always strive hard to do the will of God. Thank you for all you do.
4. When it seemed I was far away from Jesus, you drew me back and helped me stay close and focus on him. Thank you for your timely attention, dear Pastor.
5. Thank you for being tenderhearted and compassionate in the face of grief and joy-filled events. Thank you for becoming part of our family, even when it demanded you to sacrifice time with your own family
6. Ever since you started pastoring this church, you have proven time and time again that you were truly called by God into ministry. Thanks for everything you do as a shepherd.
7. As both a servant of God and a servant of His people, you are the intermediary between the spiritual world and our own. Thank you for bringing the gift of faith into the hearts of everyone in this congregation!
8. You are a blessing to me and I thank God for the great and life-transforming message you deliver every Sunday to the church.
9. Pastor, we are grateful for sparing your precious time to come and pray with us when everything seemed not working. The word of hope you shared with us brought light to our family. God bless you!
10. Aside from being a pastor, you are a counselor, advocate, teacher, and friend. Thanks for always going above and beyond your pastoral duty to fulfill every one of these roles. We do appreciate you.
11. I’m grateful that I know Christ through you. Thank you for answering God’s call. I’ll forever be grateful.
12. One of the very special people who truly care about other people is you, Pastor. Thank you for your caring heart!
13. You are a man of God whose mind is full of wisdom and a heart of love. Thank you, Pastor!
14. I appreciate you, pastor for the encouraging verse you send me every day, May God bless you abundantly.
15. Thank you pastor for your compassion and empathy, willingly given in my times of need. May you never lack help in time of need.
16. You offered me a prototype of faith to live a life of Holy devotion to God. Thank you, Pastor!
17. Dear man of God, thank you for allowing God to minister through you. You’re always a channel of blessing to us. You are blessed in Jesus’ name.
18. Thank you pastor for growing God’s flock and deepening our faith in Christ.
19. I appreciate you for your tremendous effort, sacrifice, and the role you play to help me overcome my struggle in walking in the faith.
20. The level of your wisdom and unwavering faith in Christ is what I have always admired. Thanks for all you do in the church and for the church.
Short Thank You Pastor Quotes
Just like you and I, pastors are humans with limited energy, time, and strength. They also have wives and children that also need their attention and love. Pastors need time for rest and recreation as well; they have down days and challenges to their faith too. So shouldn’t you take some of your time to sprinkle your some pastor appreciation quotes?
Mind you, the challenges may set in when he faces unrealistic expectations or verbal discouragement from the very people he serves. Hence the reason why he needs your prayers and encouragement, just as you need and expect that support from him.
So wouldn’t it be a great source of encouragement, support, and upliftment for the pastor in your church if you share some of the below thank you pastor quotes with him.
21. The service of the pastor is selfless, the service of the priest is precious, the services of the clergy is sweet. I’d be an ingrate if I fail to appreciate every bit of the roles you played in my life.
22. A truly great pastor is hard to find, difficult to let go of, and impossible to forget.
23. As John C. Maxwell said, “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the ways.” Thank you pastor for showing and helping me walk in the right way.
24. Rick Howerton is very correct when he said “The role of a Pastor is NOT to grow a big church. The Pastor’s role is to grow mature disciples WHO MAKE DISCIPLES.” I appreciate you for exemplifying this kind of pastor.
25. A pastor’s heart is attentive and seeks to know his people’s cares. Thanks for listening to all my burdens all the time, Pastor.
26. A pastor is a true example of a man who earnestly seeks to serve the Lord with all of his heart and with a spirit of excellence. Accept my sincere appreciation for your countless hours of labor in love for this ministry and your faithful dedicated service to God.
27. Justice Kojo Bentil said, “Every student needs a school and a teacher, so does every Christian need a Church and a Pastor.” Accept my little way of recognizing your importance in my life.
28. It’s people like you who make the difference in this world, and though you may not hear it often, you are appreciated very much, Pastor. You are the kind of person who will never be forgotten.
29. You’re not just a pastor but a great leader. Your hard work and sacrifices are highly appreciated. Thank you for all you do.
30. Thank you, Pastor, for the countless hours you have spent praying for me, and for the church. Thank you for the burden you carry on my behalf.
Words To Express Gratitude to Pastor
31. Thank you, Pastor. This is remembering and recognizing your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
32. For the word of grace, hope, and light when I was in darkness, I say thank you from the button of my heart.
33. You are my encouragement and hope in difficult times. I am grateful for your support. Thank you for being there for me, always.
34. With God’s word, you have raised my spirit often when I have felt depressed. You supported and encourage me when life has got me stressed. For everything you have done for me, thank you.
35. Some people deserve more than ‘thank you”. Just like you, Pastor! You deserve a special gift from me. In fact, you deserve more than I can give. Thank you for everything.
36. My business is booming because of your leadership and entrepreneurial skill. I’m thankful for the way the Lord has gifted you to us.
37. When God needed someone to take care of His flocks, he created the pastor. You are important to both God and man. May you never cease to be relevant.
38. A pastor’s work is like a shepherd who guards the flock against wolves that aim to tear and scatter. Thank you, Pastor, for all that you do. I do love and appreciate you.
39. In the words of Martin Luther, “When God wants to speak and deal with us, he does not avail himself of an angel but parents, or the PASTOR, or our neighbor.” Thank you pastor for giving yourself away to God and to us.
40. Each of your messages nourishes, heals, and cleanses. Thank you for continuously sowing the Word of God in our lives.
Inspirational Words for Pastor Appreciation
The fact that pastors are some of the most wonderful people on the planet cannot be overruled. They give themselves sacrificially, nearly not asking anything in return. They direct us towards God. They pray with us in our times of need. Pastors counsel us through life’s challenges and help us to confront our fears. We look up to them and try to model their life.
In this section, I will share with you a couple of short amazing, and mind-blowing inspirational words for pastor appreciation that will ultimately melt his heart and make him feel loved.
41. A pastor is like a moon who has her light all over the sky, her dark sports to herself. You are deeply loved, dear Pastor.
42. Dear Pastor, thank you for being protective, attentive, sacrificial, tender, and obedient to God. Thank you for finding your calling in life.
43. Pastoring is the most important work with a great reward in the whole world. Thank you for pastoring the church of God.
44. You are the light in the path of my spiritual journey. I love you, Pastor!
45. Thank you, Pastor, for growing my faith in Christ. You will always be remembered in my heart.
46. The way you embrace and esteem the word of God is laudable. May you continue to wax stronger in ministry.
47. I am grateful for the extent to which you influence and build me spiritually and for the work of the Lord. I celebrate you for drilling and mentoring me, always.
48. The level of your understanding of God’s word and unwavering faith in Christ is what I have always cherished. Thanks for all you sacrifice to make us grow.
49. Hebrews 6:10 says “For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which you have showed toward his name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.” Continue the good work Pastor, there is a reward waiting to be received in heaven.
50. I could not have ever found my purpose in life without your help. I’m grateful to you for bringing me to the limelight.
How To Appreciate A Man Of God
51. You are a teacher who teaches the word of God, the word of truth that gives the people power…the power of love….the love of God!
52. I appreciate you, pastor, for studying, preparing, and praying daily to deliver God’s message for His sheep. May you be strengthened to do more in Jesus’ name.
53. Thank you pastor for the seed you planted and the disciples you nurtured. You are celebrated!
54. You are a blessing from God. I don’t know any other way to explain how helpful you have been lately. I don’t know what I would do without you. I feel blessed.
55. Thank you pastor for sharing God’s love not only with your words but with your life.
56. Pastor, I know I didn’t get to say it enough, but I appreciate you.
57. Thank you for helping me grow in God’s love, Pastor. May you continually experience and enjoy God’s grace in life and ministry.
58. I thank God for sending you into our midst. I sincerely appreciate your devotion, your dedication, your love, your spirit, your teachings, and your wisdom.
59. You heeded to the Lord, you are His ray, you bring His sunshine to my heart. I am proud to call you ‘My Pastor’
60. Pastor, there are times when you may have been tired, yet, you never failed to show up when we call. Thank you for your apt attention!
Words To Honor A Pastor or Priest
A pastor is a person of honor. But not many of them are been honored by their followers, despite Apostle Paul’s instruction in Romans 13:7 to give honor to whom it is due. However, I’m glad you are here as a doer of the word to act upon what the scriptures said.
Whilst you explore the remaining content on pastor appreciation quotes, I assure you will find the right and appropriate words to honor a pastor or a man of God that you revere so much here.
61. The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching- 1 Timothy 5:17. This is my little way of admiring you for your effort in my life and in the church of God.
62. I honor you for all you do each day. I honor you for the years you have poured and the things you have sacrificed for ministry. You are a difference-maker and a life-changer.
63. I respect your leadership and wisdom. Thank you for opening my eyes to the right path.
64. I appreciate the scriptural knowledge you impact during bible study. The ocean of your knowledge will never run dry.
65. Thank you for paying the price for the huge amount of time and Bible study needed to deliver great sermons.
66. The Lord knew we would need a pastor as faithful as you, a lover of God’s word, and a heart for His flock. You’re appreciated!
67. Your insight from God’s word encourages and strengthens us. Thank you, sir.
68. I have learned the value of hard work, integrity, patience, and consistency in business from you. The knowledge you have imparted to me has been a great asset throughout my career and business. Thank you!
69. My sincere appreciation to you for the wonderful sermon that the Lord has delivered to me through you. Thank you and God bless you.
70. Thank you for opening my eyes to new stages of opportunity and strength. I will forever be grateful for your guidance and kindness.
Appreciating Your Pastor With Words
71. Thank you for helping me discover my spiritual gifts. I now live a meaningful and purposeful life.
72. You have served the Lord, tirelessly, faithfully, and with great compassion for His flock. In wisdom, you have instructed us and in gentleness, you have led us. You have shared our deepest joys and stood with us, in our darkest hours. Thank you, dear Pastor!
73. Thank you so much pastor for your love, support, and mentorship. I am so blessed to have you in my life.
74. You are an inspiration and a role model — I’m so thankful to have you as my pastor and mentor.
75. I can’t forget your role in my life; you are a father, mentor, and confidant. Thanks for your time and for guiding me towards the right path in life. May God continue to bless you!
76. The body of Christ has been enriched by the faithful and continuous exercise of your gifts. We want more of it in the coming year. Thank you!
77. You’re Jer. 3:15 type of shepherd “And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding”. Thank you, Pastor, for all you represent.
78. I honor you for your commitment and dedication. Accept my heartfelt appreciation, sir.
79. You are fulfilling the roles and responsibilities God has given you. May the flow of his blessings never stop on your life and family.
80. In you, God gives us a guide, who would lead us in His ways; a teacher who would remind us of His truth; a servant who would share with us His love.
Words of Appreciation for A Pastor And His Wife
Behind every pastor worthy of been honored is a supportive wife that needs to be appreciated. Just like God appointed the pastor to his position, He also called the pastor’s wife. He called her to assist her husband, the shepherd in caring for the flock.
A pastor’s wife shares her husband with a congregation full of different individuals who need him. So saying words of appreciation for a pastor and his WIFE is the least but great way of acknowledging their efforts.
In this section, you will have access to words of appreciation for a pastor and his wife. Sending them these will show that you support and care for them as God-ordained leaders.
81. Your presence in the church blesses us. As our pastor’s wife, you are serving
God extraordinarily and worthily.
82. For all the years of service, dedication, and love you both have given freely to all without measure. I say thank you and God bless you.
83. Through your counseling session, our marriage stood again on its broken feet. May God protect and bless your marriage and ministry.
84. You are much more than a Pastor and Pastor’s wife; you are my family and my dearest friends! I love this family with everything within me.
85. The most important thing I am thankful for is that God has placed a shepherd and his wife in my family’s life. Through the years I’ve seen the dedication and love you have for people. Words could never express what you mean to my family.
86. You are a great role model for all. You’re a Proverbs 31:25 type of woman “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Thank you for setting the pace for us.
87. You have stood faithfully alongside the Man of God with love, support, encouragement, and faith; setting an example of true commitment to him and the work he has been called to do. Thank you for all you’ve done.
88. I have the utmost respect for you and your wife. You were always there when I needed you. You have really helped me in my walk with God. I appreciate you very much and love you also.
89. It takes a committed person to be a pastor’s wife. I say thank you because you are a special gift from God to us.
90. Thank you for being my pastor’s wife. You’re appreciated.
91. I’m so thankful you chose Jesus, and to be our pastor’s wife. May God give you the wisdom to sustain your home.
92. You have fulfilled every role, of a friend, wife, and mother in Isreal. I’m sure you are not aware of what you mean to this church and every life in it.
93. You have been a cherished role model to all. Thank you for building a Godly home.
94. You have stood so tall, with Jesus and our pastor both at your side. You are phenomenal!
95. God has blessed the heart and mind of His people through you. You are loved!
96. You are indeed a reflection of God’s love and I want you to know how very much I appreciate that.
97. Thank you for loving people passionately. The church knows it. Everyone knows it. You fully reflect that in all that you do!
98. Thank you for supporting your husband spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Your love is the greatest earthly treasure he has.
99. For the support, love, and serving your husband at home and in ministry. You are a blessing to the body of Christ.
100. The role you played in my life since the demise of my parent is incredible. Thank you for staying by me in my dark times.
Related Post: Ways To Overcome Temptation
Thank You Pastor for Your Leadership And Spiritual Oversight
“Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.”
Leadership is difficult. Taking responsibility to faithfully represent God and His light, as well as taking care of the congregation is a big deal. The scripture above is a reminder that God puts people in leadership roles for a reason.
God has a much bigger plan than we can ever imagine. God moves people in places to serve His need and no one else’s. Leaders, when they answer the call to leadership, have Shepherd’s responsibility to take care of God’s flock. A leader, therefore, is a servant of the people. Understanding their calling and appreciating them for their leadership skill and impact is an honorable ministry.
In this section, I have written some top messages of encouragement you can send to say thank you pastor for your leadership. I know you’re eager to scroll down right now, but I would advise you to take your time to read thoroughly.
101. A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be. Thank you pastor for being a great leader!
102. I’m grateful to God to have you as my role model. Your leadership skill and style are worthy of emulation. May you continue to soar high in ministry and life!
103. The few years I spent with you has been amazing. Every aspect of my life — spiritual, finance among others, has changed drastically under your leadership. Thank you so much, Pastor.
104. Crossing the path with you is transformation! I have been enriched in knowledge and have been able to discover the dormant potentials in me through the various seminars you organize.
105. I have never encountered a pastor who cares for his flocks as you do. Through your teachings and leadership, I have been challenged in my faith to be more like Christ.
106. Thanks for never failing to be an upstanding leader of integrity in the church of God and the community. I wish you the best in all of your endeavors!
107. You always lead people with a happy heart. Thank you for being a phenomenal, exceptional, and excellent leader.
108. Thank you for leading through an example of servanthood, for serving with confidence and joy. You inspire others to serve God with you.
109. You have chosen God’s love to open your huge heart and live your life as our shepherd; as both a servant and a leader. Your sacrifices and hard labor are not in vain. You’ve helped me to be a better person. I deeply appreciate all that you have done for me.
110. I want to thank you for the quality and quantity of time you spent preparing us to perfect our walk with Christ. You’re amazing.
111. You will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you for your spiritual guidance and good advice.
112. I appreciate God in your life for modeling Godly living and for mentoring those who are young in the Lord. you’re are our ‘Father in Zion!’
113. Thank you for the wonderful difference that you make in my world. May your ministry thrive more in the coming year in Jesus’ name.
114. You are an example of a calm and patient leader who listens to what people have to say. I say thank you!
115. Pastor, I acknowledge and celebrate the efforts of your leadership in the church and the community.
116. Thank you for your spiritual leadership and guidance. Our congregation is more blessed for it.
117. Thank you for being so generous with your time. I’m living a Christ-like life under your leadership.
118. Thank you pastor for the encouragement and enriching words that inspire me.
119. I appreciate you, Pastor, for all your efforts that you are always making for the management and progress of this church.
120. Thank you isn’t enough for all you have done. But today, I honor you for all you do each day. I honor you for the years you have poured and the things you have sacrificed for ministry. You are a difference-maker and a life-changer.
Thank You Message for Spiritual Mentor or Father
In the Christian cycle, it is crucial that a believer should have a spiritual mentor that will guide him or her in the Christian faith. Although, the word of God has advised us to look unto Jesus, the power of men who could guide and bring us closer to Him cannot be downplayed.
Having a spiritual mentor is amazing but it’s much more an amazing experience when you get to express your heartfelt gratitude for all your mentor has done for you. Therefore, you will find a couple of amazing short thank you message for a spiritual mentor or words of appreciation you can send to a spiritual father in this section of the article.
121. You have influenced my life positively; you have left a footprint on my life. Thank you for being an authentic teacher of the Word.
122. My success in ministry is due to your drilling and teachings. Thank you for your mentorship.
123. My life without you would have been meaningless. Thank you for walking me through the journey of purpose discovery.
124. Your guidance has helped me to keep looking toward to the future and what God has in store for me. Thank you, sir.
125. How can I say ‘thank you’ in a way that will express my appreciation? You are indeed a great mentor.
126. You counsel, pray and share uplifting messages that God has given you with me. I bless the Lord for having such a spiritual father in my life.
127. Thank you for seeing the potential in me and for allowing learning side-by-side with you. You are the best mentor ever.
128. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for being my spiritual father. You always comfort and remind me to trust in the Lord when everything seems not working. Your prayers come in hand when I needed help most.
129. You mentor me to the point of finding time to send encouraging verses to me every morning. I’m always blessed by them because they came on time and to the point. Thank you!
130. You are a blessing and a light in my life and the lives of so many others. I cannot thank you enough. I only hope that I’ll be able to support and encourage others as you have supported and encouraged me.
131. You are the light in the path of my spiritual journey. I love you mentor!
132. Your spiritual mentorship has been an invaluable gift over the past couple of years. One day, I hope to inspire someone else as you’ve inspired me.
133. Hard work, honesty, tenacity, and love are just a few of your attributes. Your words of encouragement brightened many of my days and helped sharpen my life for good.
134. How could I ever express all my thanks for your mentorship — indeed I have been blessed to have you in my life.
135. You have prepared me immensely for the Kingdom through your teachings. May the good Lord continue to use you mightily.
136. Your mentorship helped me through some of the most difficult times in my spiritual life. I would not be where or who I am today without you. Thank you, dear mentor.
137. The words that you share with me always penetrate like a double-edged sword and touches even the deeply hidden thoughts. God bless you and give you the grace to do even better.
138. Words can neither qualify nor quantify your guidance and useful advice. I’ll forever be grateful to you.
139. Thank you for transforming my life. Please accept my little way of appreciating you for your mentorship.
140. Thank you for the advice, support, love, and prayers. You have been a blessing in my life. God bless you mentor!
Scriptures For Pastors Encouragement
Spiritual leaders need to be encouraged no matter how undisturbed they may appear to be.
So, whether for your pastor’s anniversary, pastor’s appreciation day, or at any other time you think they should be encouraged, any of these scriptures of encouragement for pastors would help you communicate some inspirational biblical words to your priest.
Below are scriptures for pastors encouragement.
• Deuteronomy 31:6 (NLT)
So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord, your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
• Psalms 37:23 & 24 (NLT)
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.
• Isaiah 40:31 (NLT)
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
• Isaiah 55:12 & 13 (NLT)
You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”
• Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
• Jeremiah 33:3 (NLT)
Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.
• Romans 8: 28 (NLT)
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
• Romans 15:13 (NLT)
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit
• 1 Corinthians 15: 58 (NLT)
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
• Galatians 6: 9 Gal 6:9-10 (NLT)
So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
At this point, you’ll agree with me that pastors are great assets from God to us. They really need to be appreciated and celebrated for the selfless service they render and their relentless effort in growing a believer, the church, and the community.
Thank you for walking down the road with me. I hope you have been overwhelmed with many of the contents I shared with you in these pastor appreciation quotes. I’d like to hear from you in the comment section.