In as much as we believe in the power of prayer, and have faith in God, it is usually easier when you’re comforting and strengthening others; but when it comes to our personal lives and times of challenges, we usually don’t have the faith to believe that God will answer, as we are mostly overwhelmed by the challenges around us.
When things are not going the way you planned, as you go to God in prayer, you are comforted by His presence, promises, and love. You can be sure He’ll come through for you, as you pray, using these God please give me strength to overcome in difficult times quotes and prayer points for divine help in hard times.
Short Prayer For Strength And Courage In Difficult Times
In difficult times, it is important that we pray to God and trust in Him for strength and courage to overcome.
You may currently find yourself in a situation where it seems like your strength has failed you and you can’t carry on. Physically, financially, or emotionally, you may be weak, you may feel like you’re in a cage, or trapped and overwhelmed. You may be feeling so much frustration and pain and it seems your strength has failed you.
There’s good news for you! We have a God that specializes in carrying us at all times, especially when we’re weak. He gives us the strength we need to move on; and gives us the courage to walk through dark hours.
Psalm 23 made it clear, that with God by your side, though you may walk through the valley of the shadows of death, you’ll have no reason to fear.
It is necessary that we pray these prayers for strength and courage in difficult times. You don’t have to rely on your physical strength anymore, because God is more than enough for you. All you have to do is to believe and say, God please give me strength to overcome, and He will.
Here is a list of short prayer for strength and courage in difficult times, and God is waiting to intervene in your situation.
1. Heavenly Father, I thank You because I’m confident that in You I can find the strength needed in these difficult times. I realize and accept that I am weak and cannot help myself. God, please give me strength to overcome and to testify of your goodness.
2. Dear Lord, I come to You today, I need your help to scale through these difficult times. Hold my hands, lead me on to the place of peace that passes understanding.
3. Lord Jesus, the times are difficult for me. I need your strength to keep me strong because my strength is failing. I know that by strength shall no man prevail. Stretch forth your hand towards me and grant me grace with your strength from above.
4. Lord, I am sorry for holding on to my fears and anxiety. I ask that You forgive my unbelief, and help me to believe Your word. God please give me strength to overcome my fears and anxiety. Help me to look to you as my rock of salvation.
5. Lord, according to the scriptures, I lift my eyes unto You from where cometh my help. My help comes from You. Help me, Lord. I do not depend on the arm of flesh, nor on what any man can do. You are my source and my hope.
6. According to your word, I come to You to draw my strength from Your throne of grace. Let me find sufficient grace and mercy in this time of need.
7. Stand by me, Lord. God please give me strength to overcome these difficult times. I need Your strength and help now. Take me by your right hand, and lead me out of this ugly situation.
8. Help me Lord that this fire may not burn me, and that I will come out of this a better person. Be the ‘fourth man’ in this situation, just as you were to the three-Hebrew men.
9. In my hard times, when problems upon problems strike, I’ll put my faith in You, Lord. I refuse to give in to the enemy. I’ll trust in You.
10. My heart will focus on you forever, on your Power, Your might, and Your faithfulness. I have hope because I know You will see me through this difficult time.
Related Post: Going Through Hard Times?
God Please Give Me Strength To Overcome Quotes
1. Lord, I declare with the whole of my heart, believing strongly that I am strengthened by You. God please give me strength to overcome. You are my strength in times of need.
2. Dear Father, I need Your abiding presence in these times. Your presence is what matters most to me right now because in Your presence I find courage and strength.
3. I thank You, God because I am confident of Your great and awesome ability to keep me right now. You are my Shield; shield me and strengthen me.
4. Lord, I ask that You guide me throughout all my endeavors. Help me in these present trials. Let Your mighty hands be seen and the mouth of my enemies be shut.
5. Lord God, I ask that You fight every battle that is weighing me down now, You are the mighty Man in battle. I am assured of victory in You. Amen.
6. I make a decree today, and I declare that I am strengthened. The devil cannot weigh me down. I am more than a conqueror. I’m not giving in to this situation. Hallelujah!
7. Heavenly Father, I rest in Your promises according to Your Word. I rejoice because I know that I am an over-comer and a victor. I am free and free indeed. I refuse to be held down. I refuse to be discouraged.
8. Lord, I ask that You breathe upon me. I take in Your breath and I declare that I am strengthened in Jesus’ name.
9. God please give me strength to overcome these difficult times. I confess with my mouth and declare that I am strengthened in Jesus’ Name.
10. I thank You for your strength that is at work in me and the efficacy of your power in my situation. Thank You, Lord.
Related Post: 10 Things To Do In Difficult Times
Intercessory Prayer For Strength And Courage In Difficult Times For Family
Dear Lord, I come to you today, on behalf of my family to ask you for strength and courage for my loved one.
Your word says I should call upon you in time of trouble and you’ll answer me. My family is in trouble, Lord, Help us.
We know that if you do not help us, we will be overwhelmed and overcome by the enemy. Therefore, we ask that you intervene urgently in our lives. We ask that you do a work of miracle that only you can do.
We are scared and anxious because we do not know what will happen next. You’re the God who does not sleep nor slumber and fight our battles for us.
We pray that you’ll set a table before us in the presence of our enemies and that we will rejoice at last over this matter(s).
Thank you, dear, Lord for coming for us. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Related Post: Powerful Prayers For Loved Ones
Intercessory Prayer For Someone Going Through A Hard Time
Friendship is a beautiful thing, and friends are usually loved ones. When someone you know is going through a hard time, you often feel the pain along with them, as you feel bad seeing them go through such difficulties.
As believers, prayers for someone going through a hard time is usually the best and most important way to show your empathy, of course, along with other physical things you can do to help. The power of prayer can never be overemphasized.
No matter how heavy the storm is, we are confident in a prayer-answering God. Below is a list of prayers for someone going through a hard time.
1. Dear Lord, I pray for my friend who has things going tough for them now, I pray that you see them through the difficulty they are going through now.
2. Loving Father, you know exactly what my friend needs right now. I pray that you settle her and grant her victory on all sides.
3. Lord, I pray that during this hard time in their lives, help them to lean on you completely. Renew their strength and faith.
4. Lord Jesus, I pray for the person going through a hard time, let them feel your presence, and draw them closer to you at this point. Let them feel your arms around them.
5. God of all possibilities, I pray that you bring a solution to the troubles a friend is passing through right now. Let your right hand of power bring her out of it in Jesus’ Name. Amen
6. Thank you father for the confidence we have in you that you always have the victory. Your word says that “thanks be to God who giveth us the victory through Christ”. I pray that this word shall be made real in her life. Amen.
7. In the name of Jesus, I come against all the plans of the evil one in the life of my friend (mention his/her name). I decree that the hand of the enemy be cut off from your life in Jesus’ Name. amen.
8. Lord God, I ask that your peace that passeth all understanding fill the heart and mind of my friend right now in Jesus’ Name.
9. Holy Spirit, you are the Comforter. I pray that you comfort my friend right now. Let her see hope and light at the end of this tunnel.
10. Lord, I pray for my friend. I pray that you’ll be her strength now because her strength cannot carry her through. Carry her in your wings, Lord.
11. Lord, I proclaim your word over the challenges of this friend. That through this fire, she will not be burned. Instead, she’ll come out refined as silver.
12. I pray for one of my friends, who is passing through hard times. Help her to focus on you and you alone for help. I pray she will not be discouraged.
13. I come to you father on behalf of my friend. I shut the voice of the devil speaking discouragement and causing depression. I speak soundness of mind to her.
14. Lord, I pray for my friend who is going through this hard time of illness. You are our healer. I pray for quick recovery and divine healing.
15. I pray for a friend who is hurting. I pray for your mercy and grace over her life. Bring Joy and laughter once again.
16. We bask in the assurance that you are God over all situations no matter how bad they may seem. Prove yourself in this capacity in the life of this friend in Jesus’ Name.
17. Lord, I pray for a restoration of all that my friend may have lost during these difficult times. Restore joy, peace, and progress in Jesus’ Name.
18. I pray that you open her eyes to see you working and turning all things for her good in Jesus’ Name.
19. I pray that during these trying times, you give wisdom and strength to my friend to go through and come out victorious.
20. Thank you, Lord, because I know you will perfect all that concerns my friend in Jesus’ Name. amen