55 Short Prayer For Newly Married Couple And Wishes For Someone Getting Married
Marriages are always a time of jubilation both on the part of the couple and also on the part of well-wishers. However, the wedding ceremony lasts for just a few hours while marriage will last for the rest of the lifetime of the couple.
Therefore, although it is good to rejoice and celebrate with newly married couples on their wedding day, it is more important and better to pray for them. Newly married couples should also be admonished to pray together and defend their home against the enemy of their marriage. As a famous saying goes that ‘a family that prays together, stays together.’ It is no less true for a couple.
That is why we have taken the time to arrange in this write-up a list of short prayers for newly married couples which you can pray either as a second party or as a newly married couple.
May God be at the center of your home and cause your home to be fruitful.
Short Prayer For Newly Married Couple
1. Dear heavenly Father, thank you for bringing so-and-so together to become one flesh. I pray that this marriage will be fruitful in Jesus’ name.
2. Dear heavenly Father, I pray for the family of Mr. and Mrs. [name] that you will meet them at the point of their needs throughout their marriage in Jesus’ name. They shall not lack anything good.
3. I pray for you two commencing your marriage journey today that there shall be no evil befall you in Jesus’ name.
4. As you go on in the journey of life together as a couple, every hand raised against you shall wither in Jesus’ name.
5. The Lord be gracious unto you, Mr. and Mrs. [name], and cause His face to shine upon you from today henceforth in Jesus’ name.
6. May the blessings of God rest upon the works of your hands from henceforth in Jesus’ name.
7. May every good thing you lay your hands upon to do prosper in Jesus’ name.
Related Post: Prayer For Married Couple
Wedding Prayers From The Bible
1. Prayer for all round fruitfulness. Deuteronomy 28:3 – ‘Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.’
2. Prayer for selfless and sacrificial love from the husband as well as the wife. Ephesians 5:25 – ‘Husbands, love your wives even as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it.’
3. Prayer for submission as a wife to the husband. Ephesians 5:22 – ‘Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands as unto the Lord.’
4. Prayer for mutual understanding and respect as a couple. Ephesians 5:21 – ‘Submitting yourself one to another in the fear of the Lord.’
5. Prayer against sexual impurity as a couple. 1Corinthians 7:3, 5 – ‘Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband…Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time…that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.’
6. Prayer for strength and courage to overcome the challenges of marriage. Joshua 1:9 – ‘Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.’
7. Prayer for divine supply and provision. Philippians 4:19 – ‘But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.’
8. Prayer for health and wellness. Exodus 23:25 – ‘And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread and thy water, and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.’
Related Post: Biblical Principles For Successful Marriage
Top 10 Wedding Prayers And Blessings
Of all joys a man can and will ever experience in his lifetime, one that stands out tall is the joy of marriage. Even though the couple might have later joyful experiences in life, that of marriage remains evergreen and fresh in their mind.
However, if a marriage is going to be successful and keep being joyful till old age, then it requires the collaborative efforts of the two partners and prayers to God as well for a blissful home. It says in the book of Proverbs that “Commit your ways to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.’
Prayers cannot be undermined if a marriage is going to be successful. When you pray and pronounce these top 10 wedding prayers and blessings we have compiled in this write-up, you can rest assured that God will work on your behalf to make your marriage a success.
1. May the goodness, mercy and favour of the LORD follow the both of you throughout your lifetime together as a couple in Jesus’ name.
2. As you commence this marriage journey today, I declare that no evil shall befall you and your husband in Jesus’ name. You will not spend your resources on that which does not profit in Jesus’ name.
3. Dear Lord, thank you for the lives of Mr. and Mrs. [name] who tied the knot today. I pray that your blessings will never run dry in their family in Jesus’ name and give them each day, their daily bread.
4. Dear Lord, as this couple gets married today, I pray that this union will be blessed with the fruit of the womb according to their desire in Jesus’ name. Ten months from now, let us come and celebrate with them again in Jesus’ name.
5. Almighty God, as this beloved couple wed today, may their hearts ever be filled with love, patience, understanding and kindness to each other throughout their lives in Jesus’ name.
6. Dear Lord, you have not promised us a life free from challenges but in the challenges, you will be with us and give us the strength to go through them. I pray for these two getting married today that in their times of challenges, you will be present to lead them through and cause them to triumph in Jesus’ name.
7. Dear Lord, thank you for bringing this day to reality. We are glad and do rejoice in it. I commit this couple into your mighty hand, that you will bless the work of their hands and let them experience bountiful harvest in their labours in Jesus’ name.
8. Dear heavenly Father, we thank you for this day of joy in the lives of Mr. and Mrs. [name]. we pray that you bless this union with an abundance of joy and peace through the abiding presence of your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name.
9. Dear Lord, may their days from henceforth be filled with unending joy and gladness. Where they have known defeat before individually, because of their coming together today, let them experience victory in Jesus’ name.
10. As you begin this new phase in your lives today, may the Almighty God go before you and make your love for each other to keep growing stronger in Jesus’ name.
Related Post: Congratulatory Messages For Newly Married
Wedding Day Prayer For A Friend
1. Dear Lord, thank you for providing my friend with a spouse to wed. I commit their wedding scheduled for [time], today into your hands, let it be a success in Jesus’ name.
2. O Lord, when you were at the wedding at Cana of Galilee, there was no lack in it. I pray for the wedding ceremony of my dear friend, [mention her name], that there shall be no lack in Jesus’ name.
3. Dear Lord, I pray for my friend and her/his husband/wife getting married today, that you will deliver them from every evil agenda and plan of the devil in Jesus’ name.
4. Heavenly Father, I pray for my friend getting married today, that joy and laughter will never cease from her heart and lips in Jesus’ name.
5. Dear God, I pray for my friend getting married today, that things of joy and happiness will not end in her family in Jesus’ name.
6. Father, as [friend’s name] steps into her husband’s house today, I pray that they will never stop loving each other in Jesus’ name.
7. Dear Lord, I pray for my friend to tie the knot today with her husband, that this union will be blessed with godly and goodly children in Jesus’ name.
8. Dear Father, I pray for [friend’s name] that as she begins this new phase in her life today, you will bring to pass in this new family, greater things of joy and happiness in Jesus’ name.
Related Post: Romantic Quotes For Married Couple
Wishes And Prayer For Bride-To-Be
As the day of the wedding of a woman to her most cherished, precious and handsome man on earth draws near, it is not unusual to perceive nervousness around her. Although she has courted the guy for some months or years, the excitement and anxiety will still be there till the day of marriage.
As someone who knows the bride-to-be, one thing that you can do for her during these times of anxiety is to pray. By telling her that you are praying for her, you not only calm her nerves but also make her find the courage and strength to undertake this important step in her life.
You can read through the list of prayers for the bride-to-be arranged in this write-up and decide which of them you will pray for her until she officially becomes Mrs.
1. Dear Lord, I thank you for the life of sister [name]. As she ties the knot with her husband on [date], I pray that you will make her a virtuous woman to her husband in Jesus’ name.
2. Dear Lord, I pray for so-and-so to get married on [date] that she will not be barren but will be fruitful in Jesus’ name.
3. Dear Lord, I pray for [bride’s name] that you will protect her from every evil before during and after her wedding in Jesus’ name.
4. Almighty God, I pray for [bride’s name] that the oil of love for her husband will never run dry in Jesus’ name.
5. Dear Lord, I pray for so-and-so, that you will help her to love, honour, cherish and submit unto her husband at all times in Jesus’ name.
6. Dear Lord, I pray for strength for so-and-so to survive the challenges that come along with marriage. Helpher Lord, to be strong in discouraging times in Jesus’ name.
7. Almighty Father, I pray for [bride’s name] that you will give her strength to tackle all the responsibilities ahead of her in this new phase in Jesus’ name.
Prayer For Wedding Preparation
1. Dear Father, into your hands do we commit this wedding ceremony of [name of couple] coming up on [date]. Do make it a success in Jesus’ name.
2. Dear Lord, I pray that you will provide the resources needed for the success of [couple’s name] wedding coming up on [date] in Jesus’ name.
3. Father, we pray that for everyone that will be coming along to share in our joy on [wedding date] that you will bring them safely to and fro in Jesus’ name.
4. Father, we are insufficient of ourselves. We look up to you for supply regarding this wedding to take place on [date]. Step into our lives and meet us at the point of our needs in Jesus’ name.
5. I come against every demonic plan and strategy against the success of my marriage in Jesus’ name!
6. Everywhere satanic agents are gathered against us to make our wedding fail, destroy them O God in Jesus’ name!
7. I and my husband/wife shall not die before, during, or after our wedding ceremony in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Points For Marriage With Bible Verses
1. Prayer for the blessing of the womb and fruitfulness. Genesis 1:26; Exodus 23:26 – ‘Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth; There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land…’
2. Prayer for godly children in marriage. Psalms 144:12 – ‘That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace.’
3. Prayer for true love and understanding amongst the couple. 1Corinthians 13:4,7 – ‘Charity suffereth long, and is kind…, is not puffed up, …beareth all things, believeth all things, endureth all things.’
4. Prayer for provision and supply throughout the marriage.2Corinthians 9:8 – ‘And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work’
5. Prayer against the wiles and schemes of the devil against your marriage. 2Corinthians 2:11 – ‘Lest Satan should get an advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.’
6. Prayer for the bond of peace and unity between the couple. Ecclesiastes 4:12 – ‘And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.’
7. Prayer for obedience and submission as a wife to the husband. 1Peter 3:6 – ‘Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham calling him lord…’
8. Prayer for peace in the family. Isaiah 26:3 – ‘Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.’