To begin a meeting is not always without a planned order of how the meeting will take form. Thus, most of the time, formal or informal gatherings with their planned schedules, usually include opening and closing prayers for meetings.
It is in this light that we have deemed it necessary to arrange some opening prayers for meetings that can be said to open up a meeting whether a formal or an informal one.
While you may decide to use the prayers as they are, we strongly suggest that you use them mainly to guide you through in knowing what to pray before a meeting commences. Therefore, these opening prayers for meetings should (although not limited to this) serve as an inspiration for you to know what to pray at the beginning of a meeting.
More so, just as everything that has a beginning must definitely have an end, every meeting is bound to come to an end at some particular time and usually, it is always in the best interest of the organizers to end a meeting with prayers.
Even though most people do it just for the sake of it, ending a meeting with prayers wields great power as one invokes the help of the Almighty to crown all of one’s effort with His blessings.
We have therefore also gathered alongside some opening prayers for meetings, a thoughtful list of closing prayers for meetings you can use anywhere and at any time.
But to serve as a reminder, please note that these opening and closing prayers for meetings are only hints to what you can pray when called upon and we hope they really inspire you to pray your heart requests and desires to God.
We know you’ll enjoy them.
- Short Opening Prayers for Meetings
- Closing Prayers for Meetings
- Short Opening Prayer Before Meeting
- Opening Prayer For Virtual Meeting
- Opening Prayer for Business Meeting
- Opening Prayer For Teachers’ Meeting
- Closing Prayer Messages
- Benedictions And Closing Prayers
- Spiritual Closing Prayer
- Thanksgiving Closing Prayer
Short Opening Prayers for Meetings
1. Almighty God, we’re gathered here today to seek your face and learn at Your feet. We pray you manifest yourself in our midst in Jesus’ name. Let Christ alone be glorified and every man be hidden behind the cross in Jesus’ name.
2. We thank you O God for being alive to witness this day. We pray that you grant every one of us an understanding of what is set before us in Jesus’ name.
3. Glorious God, we thank Thee for this time. As we begin this meeting, please be with us and fill us with wisdom and ideas with which to move this project forward in Jesus’ name.
4. We give you all the honor, our King, this moment for making it possible for us all to be here today. As we begin this meeting, we declare it open in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
5. Dear God, we do thank you for all you do and have done for us. We ask that in this meeting you take the wheel and inspire us in the right way to go in Jesus’ name.
Related Post: Developing A Strong Prayer Life
Closing Prayers for Meetings
1. You have in no little way helped us today. Thank you, Father. As we all leave now, I pray that You will be with us all and help us to achieve the goals that have been set before us in Jesus’ name.
2. Lord we thank you for the wonderful time we’ve spent together. Let Your presence never leave us but continually be with us as we depart now in Jesus’ name.
3. We thank You Lord for sparing our lives to partake in this blessed meeting. I pray for everyone who has left their busy schedule to be here this day that you bless and prosper them in return in Jesus’ name.
4. We are grateful Lord for the meaningful deliberations and discussions we’ve had in the course of this meeting. As we bring this meeting to a close, we pray that you continue to inspire us individually as to what we have to do in the days and weeks ahead in Jesus’ name.
5. We return all glory to You Lord for helping us to achieve the set goals of this meeting. As we go now, we pray that You continue to guide us with Your wisdom and help everyone to achieve the goals set before him/her in Jesus’ name.
Short Opening Prayer Before Meeting
Prayers prayed before a meeting begins, help to prepare everyone’s heart for the smooth running of that meeting. In this way, hearts that might be cumbered with so many thoughts are forced to be drawn to the present situation of the meeting, and only then can the meeting begin.
When called upon to take the opening prayer before a meeting, you might have a lot on your mind to pray before the meeting begins but you also want to keep it short, simple but powerful so as not to bore the people who are together with you or make them begin to get impatient with your ‘lengthy’ prayers.
Whilst it is not a big deal to pray lengthy prayers for an opening and closing prayers for meetings, however, you must also bear in mind the people you are together with so they can retain their focus.
So, if you’re having this challenge and seeking powerful and yet short opening prayers to pray before a meeting, you’ve come to the right place. We have arranged a list of these short opening prayer before meeting, just for you.
Feel free to use them as they are or modify them to suit the particular meeting you’re attending.
1. Thank you Father for this meeting. We ask that you make it a successful one in Jesus’ name.
2. We thank you O God for bringing us together today for this crucial meeting. We pray that you will be glorified in this meeting in Jesus’ name.
3. Our Father, we are so grateful for bringing us this far. We pray that today’s meeting will achieve its intended purpose in every life in Jesus’ name.
4. Dear God, we return all the glory to you for sparing our lives till this time. We pray that this meeting will be fruitful in Jesus’ name.
5. Thank you O God for this day. We ask for wisdom and insight to make the right decisions in this meeting in Jesus’ name.
6. Heavenly Father, we give you the praise for making today a reality. We ask for your presence and leading as we go on in this meeting in Jesus’ name.
7. Dear Father, we are so grateful for being alive today. We pray that Thy will be done in this meeting in Jesus’ name.
8. Almighty God, we acknowledge that without you we can do nothing. Please do assist us as we go on in today’s meeting. We pray this in Jesus’ name.
9. We bless you Father for this day. We commit this meeting to Your able hands. Take preeminent control in Jesus’ name.
10. Dear Lord, we ask that you prosper this important gathering and make the purpose of our gathering materialize in Jesus’ name.
Related Post: Prayer List Ideas
Opening Prayer For Virtual Meeting
Thanks to the advent of technology, meetings don’t have to hold at a designated location anymore which has helped to circumvent a lot of challenges associated with meeting physically most especially when the participants are coming from several geographical locations scattered all over the world.
But having a virtual meeting doesn’t mean due protocols guiding a meeting won’t be observed. One of such protocols is opening prayer before a meeting begins. Therefore, even though a meeting might hold virtually, there will still be the need for an opening prayer just as it would have been if it was held at a physical location.
Due to the nature of the meeting, leading an opening and closing prayers for meetings virtually will have some slight changes as one will have to put into consideration several factors to lead a meaningful opening prayer for virtual meetings.
More so, depending on the purpose for which the meeting is being organized, one will have to include it in the opening prayers so that it can be achieved.
We have gathered a thoughtful list of opening prayer for virtual meeting that you can choose from and make use of.
May God hear and answer your prayers in Jesus’ name
1. Dear omnipotent God, here we are gathered on this virtual platform for this crucial meeting. We pray that you help us this day and let the purpose of our gathering be fulfilled in Jesus’ name.
2. Thank you Lord for bringing us together today from everywhere around the globe. We ask you to bless and prosper this meeting and let our discussion be fruitful in Jesus’ name.
3. O God that hears prayer, to you we come today. We ask that you hear our prayers today and fill our hearts and mind with the peace and joy of answered prayers. We know you’ve done as we’ve asked in Jesus’ name.
4. Dear God, for bringing us together, we are grateful. We ask that you take total control of this virtual meeting and let everything work out well to the glory of your holy name in Jesus’ name.
5. Dear God, you have made this day possible for us to meet, even though not physically, but virtually, for this, we say thank you. We ask that you take control of this meeting and guide us till the end in Jesus’ name.
6. Our Father, we thank you for the privilege of technology that has made it possible for us to gather here on this platform. We ask that in this gathering there will be no network setbacks but let everything work well for the success of this meeting in Jesus’ name.
7. O gracious God, thanks be to your holy name for the reality of today’s virtual meeting. We ask that you will make our hearts be in unity and agreement with one another and make this meeting a tremendous success. We know you’ve answered our prayers for we pray in the name of your Son Jesus.
8. Most High God, you have helped us greatly in times past. At this moment we look up to you that you also help us and strengthen us to do your will in Jesus’ name.
9. Our gracious Redeemer, thank you for the privilege of this meeting today. I ask that every participant you give the spirit of understanding to comprehend everything that will be discussed in Jesus’ name.
10. What a privilege to meet together from far and near on this virtual platform today. We give you the praise Father. We ask that you be with us throughout this meeting and let our purpose for gathering be accomplished in Jesus’ name.
Related Post: Effective Tips To Study The Bible For Beginners
Opening Prayer for Business Meeting
For every business to move forward and make conceivable progress, there must always be a time to take inventory. This is seen in the business world in various forms such as retreats, strategic planning, conferences, and so on.
A greater percentage of business tycoons are keenly aware of the need for spiritual assistance in moving their business forward. Therefore, before any meeting regarding their business begins, they are alert enough to invoke the help of God. I said a greater percentage because we also have atheistic business tycoons who don’t believe in any Supreme Being overseeing the universe.
Opening and closing prayers for meetings can take several dimensions depending on the purpose for which the meeting was called forth. It could be a prayer of thanksgiving for breakthroughs recorded, prayer for guidance when faced with entering a new phase, prayer for wisdom to make wise decisions, prayer for a divine strategy to stand out amongst several competitors, and so on. The list is endless.
You are the one who knows what you want for that business and so when taking the opening prayer for a business meeting, you should include it in your prayers.
We have nevertheless, arranged a thoughtful list of what opening prayers for business meetings can look like. You can use them as they are or better still, allow them to inspire you to pray for your business.
1. Dear God, we are thankful for bringing us to this important business meeting. We ask that you breathe on all our plans and discussions and make them fruitful in Jesus’ name.
2. Almighty God, we give you the praise for making this meeting a reality. We ask for your guidance and direction as we proceed in this meeting. We pray this in Jesus’ name.
3. Almighty God, here we are gathered together at this time to discuss plans to move this business forward. We pray for wisdom and utterance from your Holy Spirit so that we can suggest aright to move this business to greater heights in Jesus’ name.
4. Dear Father, we confess our frailty and helplessness without your divine assistance. Insufficient in ourselves, we come to you today and pray that through this meeting, you take us on to the next level in this business in Jesus’ name
5. Dear Lord, we are here today for this meeting to see how his business can move forward. We have stayed too long on this plain. We humbly ask Lord that you show us what we’re doing wrong, strengthen our hearts to continue on the right, and give us fresh ideas to move us forward in Jesus’ name.
6. Heavenly Father, thank you for sparing our lives till this moment to witness this meeting. I pray that you strengthen every feeble mind and through this meeting, let everyone be infused with new strength to move this business forward in Jesus’ name.
7. Heavenly Father, here we are gathered for this important business meeting. I ask that you bless this meeting and let your perfect will be brought to pass in Jesus’ name.
8. Dear God, thank you for the vision of this business since [x] years ago. We have come to take inventory and see how we can make further progress. We ask for your leadership, wisdom, and guidance to achieve this in Jesus’ name.
9. Having brought us thus far, we cannot but say thank you. Indeed a thousand tongues cannot sufficiently express our deep gratitude for how far you’ve brought us. Nevertheless, we say thank you, Father. At this time when we’ve gathered together again, we desire that you come into our midst and direct us aright on the pathway of success in Jesus’ name.
10. Thank you O God for the gift of one another to execute this business idea. It is our desire that you bless our meeting today and fill us with wisdom to give timely and succinct ideas that will catapult this business to the next level in Jesus’ name.
Opening Prayer For Teachers’ Meeting
Where professionals are found, meetings are constantly being organized to ensure more effectiveness, greater efficiency, and an increase in the quality of output.
With teachers’ meetings, it is not out of place for teachers in an institution or citadel of learning to meet from time to see how they can improve in imparting knowledge to the students that have been entrusted to their care.
Before such meetings begin, the importance of prayer is usually not overlooked. It comes before any discussion begins. This act is quite noble as it humbles one before God and places Him before every other thing. With such an act, God cannot be far from such a gathering and will definitely make it prosper.
If however, you don’t know how to lead an opening prayer for a teachers‘ meeting, you don’t have to worry a bit. We have listed a good number of them that you can make use of and which we also believe will inspire you to pray from your own heart as well.
So be calm and carefully peruse through this list of opening and closing prayers for meetings, and choose the most suitable for the teachers’ meeting.
Listed below are 20 opening prayers for teachers’ meeting you can select from.
1. Our Father, we do thank you for this privilege of meeting as teachers. We ask that you make our meeting prosperous in Jesus’ name.
2. Dear Lord, we do thank you for sparing our lives till this moment. We humbly ask for your divine guidance and presence throughout this meeting in Jesus’ name.
3. Dear Father, we do not take you for granted. We pray that you help us as we meet this day and fill us with wisdom to thrash out matters on hand at the moment in Jesus’ name.
4. Heavenly Father, thank you for this meeting today. We ask that you give everyone an open mind and patience in order that his meeting might be a fruitful one. We pray this in Jesus’ name.
5. O Lord our God, all inspiration and wisdom come from you. We ask that you inspire us and lead us in taking the right decisions in this meeting in Jesus’ name.
6. We’re grateful dear Lord for the privilege of being teachers. We humbly request of You that that which we know not to move our citadel of learning forward, that you reveal unto us in the course of this meeting in Jesus’ name.
7. Thank you Lord for the progress we’ve seen so far since our last meeting. We pray that in this meeting you glorify yourself again and cause us to make the right choices in Jesus’ name.
8. Dear Lord, you have been so good to us and for this, we give you the praise. We ask that you make each teacher present here of a wise and understanding heart throughout this meeting in Jesus’ name.
9. We bless you our Father in heaven for this meeting today. We pray that you do make this meeting a success and enable us to carry out our duties as we should in Jesus’ name.
10. Dear Lord, we thank You for you’ve been our firm foundation since we started ‘x’ years ago. Here we are at a crucial time to discuss new ideas to move this institution forward. We pray that you help us and guide us by your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name.
Closing Prayer Messages
Closing prayer messages are usually a way of drawing a meeting to a close. They take several forms such as thanksgiving, prayers for help and guidance; protection; strength, and many others.
Closing prayer messages must be heartfelt and prayed in faith whether at a spiritual gathering, business meeting, academic, or any other secular gathering. This ensures the prayers ascend to God and receive answers.
Here, we have compiled a list of them that you can say when called upon. We know you’ll enjoy them.
1. Dear Lord, You have blessed us greatly in today’s meeting. I pray that Your blessings will continue with us and may we not lose them to the devil in Jesus’ name.
2. Thank you for Your Word tonight. It is indeed a lamp to our feet and light to our path. As we close now, I pray your word will continually guide all our actions in Jesus’ name.
3. Thank you Lord for reminding us of Heaven, your dwelling place. I pray Lord that you help us to live our lives constantly in readiness for it in Jesus’ name.
4. Thank you for your grace to help us live above temptations and trials. I pray you give us a fresh supply of your grace that we may live to please you always in Jesus’ name.
5. Thank you Lord for seeing us through this meeting. As we close now, may your presence abide with us and never leave us in Jesus’ name.
Benedictions And Closing Prayers
Benedictions and closing prayers form a major aspect of many gatherings in the world today either spiritual, social, academic, or any other secular gatherings. It is usually to invoke the help of the Almighty God, seek guidance or His protection, and bring everything to an meaningful and beneficial close.
In taking the benediction or closing prayers at a function, you must bear in mind the people you are taking before God in prayers and make it a prayer of blessing, guidance, protection, help, favor, etc. Also, you can make declarations over their lives. In all, let it be from your heart, meaning every word you’re saying, and above all, pray it in Jesus’ name.
Check out this list of benedictions and closing prayers and I hope they bless you and those who hear them.
1. We return all praise to you for the success of today. As you go, the presence of God be with you all and take you to your destination safely in Jesus’ name.
2. The Lord bless you and cause His face to shine on you and lead you on safely to your various destinations in Jesus’ name.
3. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all as you go and enable you to live victoriously in Jesus’ name.
4. Thank you Lord for the success of today’s meeting. As we close now, remind us of all we’ve discussed and enable us to carry it out in Jesus’ name.
5. With gratitude in our hearts, we come before your presence for all you’ve seen us through. We pray as we go forth, we go forth in your power and might and overcome every device of the devil in Jesus’ name.
6. It has been a wonderful time in your presence O Lord. We are sure that you have done something for each of us. As we go now, may your blessings remain with us, and may your presence never leave us in Jesus’ name.
7. May your everlasting and surpassing peace keep everyone’s heart O God as we leave to our various destinations in Jesus’ name.
8. We give you all the glory our King for today’s service. As we leave now, I pray you grant every one of us the grace to live by what we’ve been taught in Jesus’ name.
9. Holy and righteous God, we know your love for us never fails. Help us dear Lord that as we go, we will reciprocate our love to You and please You in all we do and say. We pray this in Jesus’ name.
10. As you go, goodness and mercy be with you and your family in Jesus’ name.
Spiritual Closing Prayer
Spiritual closing prayer, sounds odd, right? If it is a prayer, we know it is something spiritual and so why classify it as spiritual prayer again? Whichever way you want it, we know you’re looking for a truly spiritual closing prayer you can pray at the end of a meeting.
Does it then mean there is a non-spiritual closing prayer? Well, of course! I believe what will make a closing prayer spiritual or non-spiritual is hinged on the person praying the prayer whether or not s/he is praying in the flesh such as praying with an ulterior motive, praying with unconfessed sins, etc, and also on the content of the prayer.
So to pray a spiritual closing prayer, make sure you’re clean before God, have the right motives, and include the right content in the prayer.
Listed here below, is a list of spiritual closing prayers you can make use of.
1. Thank you Father for the success of today’s meeting. I decree that every power and work of darkness against anyone here be nullified in Jesus’ name.
2. You have done us well in this meeting. I pray that you help us not to lose what you’ve given us to the devil in Jesus’ name.
3. You have brought us to the conclusion of this great meeting. I pray that your grace be sufficient for everyone in times of trials and temptations in Jesus’ name.
4. Dear Jesus, you are the Way. I pray that as we close now, you make a way for your people where there seems to be no way.
5. Thank you Lord for the victory you’ve given us tonight. As your people go, I pray that no weapon of the enemy formed against them shall prosper in Jesus’ name.
Thanksgiving Closing Prayer
Psalms 92:1 — “It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord…”
Thanksgiving closing prayers are rare to come by these days. Most of the time, when saying a closing prayer, it is always laden with requests and petitions of wanting God to still do something. I’m not saying this is wrong but just that there should be times when closing a meeting with a prayer, one can also take that time to recount God’s faithfulness and thank Him for it.
It is in this light that we have listed some thanksgiving closing prayers you can say when the occasion demands it.
1. Dear God, we haven’t come to this moment to pour our requests to you but just to say thank you for hitherto you’ve helped us. Receive our praise in Jesus’ name.
2. Jehovah Jireh, you have indeed made this program a success by providing for all that was needed. We return all glory to you for doing this for us in Jesus’ name.
3. Receive our offering of thanksgiving at this moment our Father for bringing us to a successful end of this meeting. Thank you, Lord, in Jesus’ name.
4. We give you all the glory our Redeemer for proving yourself once again in our lives. Blessed be your holy name in Jesus’ name.
5. Thank you Lord for saving us through your vicarious death on the cross of Calvary. We thank you because, through this sacrifice, we stand before you guiltless. Thank you, Lord.