In life, sometimes, even the strongest becomes weak; and the most motivated get discouraged. At such times, the strength and motivation to forge ahead can only come from God, the Almighty, through some words of encouragement from the bible.
Yes, you can turn to the bible for some motivational bible verses, or bible verse on faith to keep you optimistic through it all. Several Bible passages can help us during times of struggles when we lose our strength to carry on and in times when we feel so weak and discouraged.
These encouraging words from the bible bring vitality to us and give us an anchor to hold onto in God’s word. This post is aimed towards helping you find the right words of encouragement from the bible which serves as encouragement to hold on through life’s turbulence.
It should not be heard from God’s children that we give up in points where all hope seems lost. It is my earnest expectation that you receive strength and peace through this trying time.
I have you in mind while writing this, therefore, at the end of this page, I’ll be praying with you. It’s a form of prayer for strength and courage in difficult times. It is a part of some special prayers for friends like you.
Related Post: Bible Verses You Can Memorize Easily
Encouraging Words from the Bible
Some of the selected Bible verses may sound very familiar; my advice is that you do not allow your familiarity to deprive you of the inspirations each verse carries. Instead, pause for a moment and meditate on each verse, to draw the wisdom lurking in them.
My prayer is that these encouraging words from the Bible, will give your faith a boost and inspire you never to give up.
1. Philippians 4:6 —“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
2. 1 Peter 5:6-7— “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
3. Psalm 23:4— “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.”
4. Jeremiah 29:11— “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
5. 1 Peter 5:8-9 —“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.”
6. Jeremiah 29:11 — “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
7. Joshua 1:9 — “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
8. Psalm 23:4 — “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
9. 1 Corinthians 16:13 — “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.”
10. 1 Corinthians 9:24 — “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.”
11. 2 Chronicles 15:7 ESV — “But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.”
12. Isaiah 41:10 ESV — “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
13. Galatians 6:9 ESV — “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”
14. Philippians 3:14 ESV — “I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
15. John 16:33 — “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
Bible Verses about Overcoming Hard Times
Sometimes, we have done all that we know should be done, yet no visible expected outcome. Friend, you are not alone. Life is full of surprises, either positively or negatively. We get surprised sometimes, why in spite of all input, it appears like we’ve made no attempt at all.
Would I say I have an answer for this? Not sure. But I’m sure these bible verses about overcoming hard times will serve as words of encouragement and shed light on your path to victory.
Maybe you even need to encourage loved ones going through difficult times in life, these words of encouragement from the bible will help them bounce back with faith and put some radiance on their faces. I believe these would serve as a message of hope and encouragement to them.
16. Isaiah 41:13 — “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
17. 1 Peter 5:7 — “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
18. John 1:5 — “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
18. James 1:12 — “Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.”
19. John 16:33 — “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
20. 1 Timothy 4:10 — “For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.”
21. Romans 8:18 — “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”
22. James 1:3 — “knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.”
23. Ephesians 6:12 — “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
24. Romans 5:3 — “And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance…”
25. John 11:25-26 — “… I am the one who raises the dead and gives them life again. Anyone who believes in Me, even though he dies like anyone else, shall live again. He is given eternal life for believing in Me and shall never perish.”
26. Psalm 46:1-2, 7 — “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea; The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.”
27. Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.”
Related Post: Developing A Powerful Prayer Life
Bible Verses about Peace and Strength
Who doesn’t want all-round calmness and tranquility; where the river is flowing quietly and the breeze blowing gently? Where the birds are singing sonorously and the leaves on the trees are dancing joyfully? However, life is not always as it is presented in fairy tales.
More so, peace is not the absence of trouble, it is rather maintaining inner tranquility in spite of the storm raging without. It is very important to know that God doesn’t always calm the storm; sometimes, He calms his child while he allows the storm to keep raging.
At such time, bible verses about peace and strength will be of great help to remain calm in a troubled sea.
28. John 16:33 — “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
29. Romans 15:13 — “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
30. 2 Thessalonians 3:16 MSG — “May the Master of Peace himself give you the gift of getting along with each other at all times, in all ways. May the Master be truly among you!”
31 Matthew 5:9 MSG — “You’re blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That’s when you discover who you really are, and your place in God’s family.”
32. Colossians 3:15 NLT — “And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.”
33. Ephesians 6:15 NLT — “For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.”
34. Philippians 4:6 NLT — “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.”
35. 1 Peter 5:7 NLT — “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”
36. Philippians 4:7 NLT — “Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
37. John 14:27 NLT — “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”
38. Ephesians 6:15 NLT — “For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.”
39. Job 5:23 NLT — “You will be at peace with the stones of the field, and its wild animals will be at peace with you.”
40. Romans 15:13 NLT — “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”
41. Philippians 4:9 NLT — “Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.”
42. Psalms 29:11 NLT — “The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.”
43. Psalms 119:165 NLT — “Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble.”
Related Post: Amazing Prayers That Work Fast
God Helps Us In Our Weakness
David once asked, “I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help?”, then he realized that his help cannot come from any hill or mountain, except from the Lord. When he came to this realization, he said, “My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” (Psalms 121:1&2).
When we are weak, the strength of God is made available to us. That through his strength we will achieve more than we can ask or think. The following are a few words of encouragement from the bible in times when we feel so weak and need to turn to God for strength.
44. Romans 8:26 NLT — “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.”
45. 1 Corinthians 15:43 NLT — “Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.”
46. Psalms 46:1 NLT — “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.”
47. Romans 8:3 NLT — “The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body, God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.”
48. Romans 8:3 NLT — “The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body, God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.”
49. Philippians 4:13 NLT — “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
50. Isaiah 40:31 NLT — “But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”
51. Romans 8:38 NLT — “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.”
52. 2 Corinthians 13:4 NLT — “Although he was crucified in weakness, he now lives by the power of God. We, too, are weak, just as Christ was, but when we deal with you we will be alive with him and will have God’s power.”
53. 1 Corinthians 1:25 NLT — “This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.”
Related Post: Powerful Prophetic Declaration and Prayers
God’s Promises in the Bible
God is faithful with his words, he has never ignored anyone who is committed to the established covenant.
Through trying times, we pray with the scriptures reminding us of His unfailing promises.
With these God’s promises in the bible, you can walk through the tunnel, knowing fully well that there is light at the other end.
54. Joshua 23:10 NLT — “Each one of you will put to flight a thousand of the enemy, for the Lord your God fights for you, just as he has promised.”
55. Psalms 60:6 NLT — “God has promised this by his holiness: “I will divide up Shechem with joy. I will measure out the valley of Succoth.”
56. Psalms 132:11 NLT — “The Lord swore an oath to David with a promise he will never take back: “I will place one of your descendants on your throne.”
57. Jeremiah 33:14 NLT — “The day will come, says the Lord, when I will do for Israel and Judah all the good things I have promised them.”
58. Acts 13:34 NLT “For God had promised to raise him from the dead, not leaving him to rot in the grave. He said, ‘I will give you the sacred blessings I promised to David.’”
59. Deuteronomy 11:25 NLT — “No one will be able to stand against you, for the Lord your God will cause the people to fear and dread you, as he promised, wherever you go in the whole land.”
60. Ezekiel 20:42 NLT — “Then when I have brought you home to the land I promised with a solemn oath to give to your ancestors, you will know that I am the Lord.”
61. Jeremiah 32:42 NLT — “This is what the Lord says: Just as I have brought all these calamities on them, so I will do all the good I have promised them.”
62. 1 Kings 8:56 NLT — “Praise the Lord who has given rest to his people Israel, just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the wonderful promises he gave through his servant Moses.”
63. Joshua 21:45 NLT — “Not a single one of all the good promises the Lord had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything he had spoken came true.”
64. Genesis 18:19 NLT — “I have singled him out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. Then I will do for Abraham all that I have promised.”
65. Hebrews 8:6 NLT — “But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises.”
66. Deuteronomy 9:3 NLT — “But recognize today that the Lord your God is the one who will cross over ahead of you like a devouring fire to destroy them. He will subdue them so that you will quickly conquer them and drive them out, just as the Lord has promised.”
67 Genesis 50:24 NLT — “Soon I will die,” Joseph told his brothers, “but God will surely come to help you and lead you out of this land of Egypt. He will bring you back to the land he solemnly promised to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.”
Inspirational Christian Quotes and Sayings
68. The journey may be scary and seem impossible, but fixing your gaze on the destination, instead of the challenges will help you draw the strength within to conquer.
69. The road we are treading on has been treaded by men who never threw in the towel despite the challenges, therefore we look at their life and receive strength to carry on.
70. Your life should not be different from what you say as a believer; let your daily living draw more souls to God’s kingdom.
71. Yes, your next trial may change the narrative, don’t give up.
72. Even when you make mistakes, get up, learn the lesson, and keep moving.
73. Ignoring the God-factor is like living all day in trial and error. Don’t do it.
74. No matter how overwhelming life may seem to be, never allow the struggles of life push you into making decisions that would tamper with your peace.
75. Why worry? Worry only expounds the problem; it will never reduce it.
76. Do you seek strength? Draw out your bible, meditate, pray and you will see the ‘Word’, addressing the challenges in your life, like He addressed the boisterous storm.
77. When everything is failing and nothing seems to work, one thing is sure to work—The Word.
One More Thing
Friend, don’t forget that iron sharpens iron. In such a time as this, you should never go through this alone.
While drawing strength from this collection of words of encouragement from the bible, find someone of like-passion that you can confide in. Doing this will not only help you go through this season and come out victorious, but it can also open your eyes to wisdom to glean from this phase of your life.
I wish to join my faith with yours for a word of prayer together.
Father, thank you for your child. We know that nothing happens without your awareness. And we are confident that all things are going to work together for good, according to your word in Romans 8:28.
This moment, we join faith to ask that you deliver and save your child from this phase of life. Help your child to walk through this season and come out victorious. If there are things to learn in all of these, we pray for an eye-opening, to see your wisdom through it all.
At the end of everything, we ask that testimonies evolve and the glory be to your name forevermore.
Thank you for answered prayer, in Jesus name we have prayed. Amen!
Related Post: How to Involve God in a Matter Through Prayer
Friend, I am confident that this prayer shall produce results, because the bible says, “ …If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.”(Matt. 18:19). I, therefore, congratulate you for the divine intervention you’ll soon experience and the songs of praise that would soon fill your heart.
Cheers! If the Lord be for you, nothing can be against you!