Our families are the people closest to us. They mean the most to us. Things that affect our family members usually get to us and can also weaken us.
Also during difficult times, you may be concerned about them, and want to offer these 40 prayer points for family that they may also be strengthened and that the grace of God may be sufficient for them to stand by you and be a source of encouragement so that their faith may not fail.
Whatever it may be, finances, health, career, safety, and so on. Whatever your concerns may be, saying prayers for strength for your family is about interceding for them and asking God to please help them through difficult time.
The following are 40 prayer points for family that can provide strength for them. These prayers can be said alone or together as a family.
20 Of 40 Prayer Points For Family
This section contains 20 out of the 40 prayer points for family breakthrough, protection and guidance.
1. Thank You Lord for the gift of family. Thank You for the love and unity amongst us, and also for keeping each of us thus far.
2. Lord, I commit every one of my family members into Your hands, I pray that You give each of them the strength to pass through this phase of life.
3. Dear Lord, my family is being overwhelmed with fear and confusion. We need your strength and power in our lives at this moment.
4. I pray Lord, for my family, that no one will be discouraged at this time, but that your grace and strength will be made available bountifully.
5. Lord Jesus, I pray for my spouse, my children, siblings, and every member of my family; You alone know each of our individual needs. Grant us all the strength we need to keep going in this journey of life.
6. I call upon You, Father, in these difficult times in my family. Let the strength and power to go through be made available.
7. Father, help my family to keep our eyes on You and not our problems. Assure us, O Lord, that You can see us through.
8. Lord, I pray that You strengthen as many of my family members that are weak now. Let them find strength in You.
9. I pray Father that You give my family the strength to stand beside me in this period. Let their faith not fail them.
10. Lord, I pray that You grant them the understanding that You are with us, and that you can see us through.
Prayer For Strength For Family
1. Father, my family is struggling to come together as one. There is so much disunity. It is almost like we are all headed in different directions. Make us one. Give us the strength to love on each other, and most importantly, to rely on You. Amen.
2. Dear Lord, we need your help. It seems that this trial is taking so much from us. Give us the strength to carry on. Amen
3. Father, help my family to remember and hold on to your promises. Let our eyes be focused on You alone and not on our strength.
4. On behalf of myself and my family, I declare your word over our lives. In this weakness we receive strength. Amen.
5. Father, I’m praying on behalf of members of my family who are sick. Let your strength and power rest on them. Let your healing power be made manifest. Amen.
6. I bring my family before you, we ask for strength and protection. In our daily activities, guide our every step. Let no evil before us.
7. Lord Jesus, give us the strength to keep going when life becomes difficult. We will rest in who You are and in your promises.
8. Father, please upon my family, let your light shine. Give us all the strength to overcome all of the difficulties that everyone is currently passing through, and let your protection be upon us. Amen.
9. Lord, I ask that You give my family the strength to love each other and stay together in unity.
10. Lord, I thank You because I know that strength is released to my family, your hand of protection is upon us, and we are surrounded by Your love. We thank You for all You have done and will do for us In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Powerful Intercessory Prayers For Family With Bible Verses
1. Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41
- Lord, empower me and my family to be alert in these last days. Help us not to be ignorant of the devices of Satan. Give us your grace to obtain victory over them that are against us, in Jesus’ name.
2. My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.” Psalm.129:148
- Lord, remove sleep from my eyelids so I can call upon your name at night and meditate on your word in Jesus’ name. Help us, as a family not to sleep the sleep of death.
3. The Lord will fight for me and I will hold my peace” Exodus 14:14
- Fight our battles Oh Lord, and deliver your peace unto us. Cause us to be at rest and trust in your power in Jesus’ name, amen.
4. The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. John 10:10
- Father, let the purpose of the enemy backfire on him in Jesus’ name. Rather let your purpose be richly manifest in my life and my family in Jesus’ name.
5. But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you against the evil one. 2nd Thessalonians 3:3
- As you are faithful Lord, cause me to be faithful in calling upon your name. Fill me and my family with your strength and protect us from the evil one in Jesus’ name.
6. The Lord will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven! Deuteronomy 28:7
- I declare that the Lord has defeated all our enemies. Though they gather as one, the Lord shall scatter them in different directions in Jesus’ name.
7. Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. 1 Peter 5:8-9
- Oh Lord, let your divine alertness come upon us. Cause us not to fall into the enemy’s hands. Help us to be firm against him, to resist him, and strengthen our faith in Jesus’ name, amen.
8. But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost. Job 11:20
- Lord, let every wicked person in my family be blinded and cause them not to escape from your vengeance. Let the wicked give up like a dead man in Jesus’ name.
9. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19
- Lord, I stand under your authority to crush every serpent and scorpion. I rule over the enemy and I we are not hurt by any of their plans in the name of Jesus.
10. Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and Israel, what hath the Lord wrought. Numbers 23:23
- Let every enchantment against me and my family be nullified in Jesus’ name. I come against every divination and order it to fall and fail in Jesus’ name, amen.
Prayer Points For Family Protection And Guidance
1. Father, come help us lighten our way amidst the sea of confusion and distraction. Help us to hear a voice, telling us which way to God. We refuse to be lost. We refuse to be stranded. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
2. Lord God Almighty, we cannot do this all alone. We need your strength. Strengthen us against any form of temptation and take away all forms of unrighteousness from us. Amen.
3. Take away this fright and make it all work well. Make everything work together for our good, Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen
4. Almighty God, we praise your holy name, we know that you hear and answer our prayers. Let not this trial we go through take us away from you. Amen.
5. Creator, we humbly ask that you give us the wisdom needed in this time of trouble. We acknowledge you, Lord, direct our path. Amen
6. Loving God, comfort our broken heart, and heal the wounds this departure has caused. Only you can comfort us through your Holy Spirit. We receive your comfort in Jesus’ name. Amen.
7. Lord, keep us from staying away from your plans for us. Amen.
8. Oh Jesus, help us go through this. We cannot do it without you. We cannot go it without you. We receive help from above.
9. Everlasting Father, We need you every hour and every moment. We are nothing without you. You are so precious to us.
10. Please God, fill our thirsty soul. Feed our hungry heart. Fill us up until we overflow and run over.
11. Lord, speak to us today. Lead us in the way that we should go. Help us to hear behind us, a voice, saying, this is the way, walk in it.
12. Gentle Lord, Grant us our heart desires. Hear our plea. As I knock, cause the door to be opened unto us. As I seek, help us to find.
13. Jesus, quicken us and lift away this heavy burden. I trade this heaviness for your rest and peace. I receive the joy of the Lord. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen