Saying goodbye can be the most painful thing to do, especially when you’ve built lovely memories, had awesome experiences and built a relationship with someone or a group of people.
It is said that nothing lasts forever, and that includes one’s Job role in an organization. Life happens, and we move on to greater heights. It could be a professional advancement, relocation, marriage, promotion, or a personal decision that will prompt you to pen down a resignation letter.
More so, the most challenging part is knowing the right words to use to bid your colleagues goodbye after resignation.
A hug or those drops of tears may not explain how much you will miss your colleagues, neither will those selfies and farewell snapshots with them fill the vacuum in your heart.
However, you can pour your heart out in writing, and that’s why I have put together these short samples of goodbye email to colleagues on last working day to inspire you.
Before writing a goodbye email to your colleagues, here are a few points to note on how to write a great goodbye email to your co-workers or boss at work after resignation:
● Understand the purpose of the email: A goodbye email is written to inform your colleague, boss, or team members about your exit from your place of work. Therefore, it should be concise and explicit.
● Your choice of words will depend on your relationship with your recipient. While you may love to talk about all the crazy fun you had with your colleagues in your writing, your usage of words should be more formal while writing to your boss.
● Take your time to appreciate your recipient. Do not open old wounds (that’s if you had a rift with him/her in the past) nor criticize anyone. Rather wish your recipients all the best in their endeavors.
● A goodbye email should be sent maybe a few hours to the close of work or a day or two before your last day at work, this is to enable your colleagues or team members to bid you farewell properly.
● Finally, Your exit from your place of work doesn’t mean you should cut ties with your colleagues, you should therefore leave your phone number or your email address as a means of reaching out to you in the future.
In the light of the above, let’s dive right into the purpose of this article, and that’s to show you some Short samples of goodbye emails to colleagues on last working day.
- Emotional Goodbye Email To Colleagues On Last Working Day
- Touching Goodbye Message To Team Members After Resignation
- Emotional Good bye Mail To Colleagues After Resignation
- Farewell / Goodbye Email Last Day In Office
- Last Working Day Message To Team Members
- Samples of Last Working Day Email Subjects That Are Catchy
- Best Samples Of Short Last Working Day Speech
Emotional Goodbye Email To Colleagues On Last Working Day
It’s your last day in your place of work and you have this sudden surge of emotions that you can’t control. Yeah, probably you don’t want your colleagues to see those tears in your eyes as you say goodbye to them.
Isn’t it surprising that you didn’t realize you’ve developed this deep connection with them until your last day at work?
It’s natural to get emotional, after all, you are going to miss each and everyone one of them regardless of how promising your new job might be.
Therefore, if you can’t handle saying goodbye to your colleagues in person, then writing an email to them would be more comfortable and will also allow you to express yourself in writing the way you desire.
That said, here are some short samples of emotional goodbye emails to colleagues on last working day.
1. Hi John,
You must have noticed I cleared my work table on time today, that’s because today will be my last day at work.
I must say it’s really hard for me to write this, knowing fully well that I’m going to miss our time together as colleagues. Nevertheless, I will love to seize this moment, to thank you for all your support and patience with me while we worked together.
I may be moving on to another place of work, but I desire that we still keep in touch. I can be reached at my (personal email address) or my (phone number).
2. Hi Coxy,
It has been quite a week for me, this is because tomorrow being Friday will be my last day in the office.
Truly, I am excited about my new job, and at the same time, I am sad because I am going to miss you. You have been a source of strength and encouragement to me, throughout my stay in this organization and I will remain forever grateful to you.
I hope to connect with you, so we can achieve more goals in the nearest future together. Here is my email addresses (*****) or you can call me with this line (******).
Once again, thank you for your support throughout my stay in this organization and I wish you all the best in all your endeavors.
3. Dear Clara,
I am writing this to inform you that it is my last day at the company today. I will be relocating with my family to the States in two days, where I intend to further my career.
It’s been 4 years of learning, growth, and happiness for me in this company and I am honored to have experienced these years with you. I will always cherish the memories we shared as coworkers, the late nights in the office, and gulping down those hot cups of coffee with you in the morning.
Thank you for always having my back, I am deeply grateful for your corrections, they made me a better staff.
Please feel free to call me on (phone number) or email me at (email address).
Once again, thank you for your support. Best regards
4. Hello Lizzy,
With a heavy heart, I write to inform you that my Workspace will be vacant tomorrow, that’s because today will be my last day in the office.
It was a difficult decision for me, knowing that we won’t be working together anymore. Nonetheless, my leaving the company was prompted by the need for professional advancement.
Also, I would take this opportunity to convey my sincere gratitude to you, for your helpful advice, encouragement, and assistance throughout my stay in this company.
I will always remember you as a great friend and colleague.
I hope we will still keep in touch even after my exit from the company. I can be reached at my email at (email address) or can be contacted by telephone (phone number). Also, you can connect with me on social media, on Facebook (Facebook username), or on Twitter (Twitter username).
5. Dear May,
As you already know, I will be leaving the organization today.
Had always thought it was going to be an easy decision, but I didn’t know It will be this hard to say goodbye.
Your resilience, discipline, and professionalism left an indelible mark in my heart and I will always hold you in high esteem.
I am most grateful to you, for always cheering me up during those depressing times. I don’t know how you did it, but your words were always soothing and they gave me much strength.
I wish you success in all your endeavors.
I would love to hear from you soon. Please call me on (phone number) or send me an email at (email address).
Related Post: Steps To Writing An Official Appreciation Email
Touching Goodbye Message To Team Members After Resignation
You must have heard that teamwork makes work easier. However, some team members can also make work very challenging.
Yeah, every team comprises the good, the bad and the ugly and the good thing is you learned a lesson or two from each personality of your team members.
So, whether you had the most wonderful team members or the most challenging, you should always exit on a positive note. What better way to exit on a positive note, than with these Goodbye messages to Team.
1. I wouldn’t have come this far without each one of you. You all were my support system and I appreciate all your kind gestures towards me. Today is my last day in this organization, but I have learned lessons that will last a lifetime. The best in life are my wishes for you all and I would love to still keep in touch.
2. I found a family in this great team, and I will forever cherish the memories we shared as team members. You all gave me wings to fly in my career and I hope we keep soaring higher in our various fields of interest. Goodbye to an awesome team.
3. We beat deadlines together, learned lessons from our failures, laughed heartily at our stupidity, and the greatest part is that we remained united through it all. All these and more mean a whole lot to me and I will truly miss these moments with you. I bid you all farewell and please let’s do more together in the future.
4. It is said that out of sight is out of mind. But, my leaving the team doesn’t mean you will be forgotten, each one of you holds a special place in my heart. Thank you all for lending your hand of friendship and for helping me walk through difficult times during my stay with you. I wish you all the very best.
5. Every beginning has an end. Sadly, my journey as a member of this team comes to an end today. I am thankful to you all for giving me an incredible beginning in this organization, it is indeed a great honor to be part of this amazing team. I look forward to hearing from you all soon, Goodbye to the best team I’ve ever seen.
Related Post: Thank You Boss For The Opportunities
Emotional Good bye Mail To Colleagues After Resignation
Wondering what’s the next thing to do after submitting your resignation letter?
Well, courtesy demands you also notify your colleagues about your resignation. You can do this by sending an emotional good bye mail to colleagues after resignation.
1. Hi Des,
Just to let you know that I won’t be joining you for lunch tomorrow, that’s because I have resigned from work.
It was a tough decision for me, but I had to resign from work to give full attention to my family business.
I would love to use this opportunity to appreciate you for your assistance throughout my stay in this organization. I am so grateful that our paths crossed.
I hope you don’t mind connecting with me on ( phone number) or send me an email at ( email address)
Till we see again, keep being you.
2. Hi Rose,
I could not bring myself to write this, I had to do it regardless.
I just resigned from work, which means that I won’t be having those chit-chats with you after work anymore.
I will truly miss working with you, you were always willing to share your knowledge, resources, and ideas and I must say your professionalism impacted my life in many ways.
Thank you for your benevolence and trust in me.
Please feel free to call me on (phone number) or send an email to (email address).
I wish you the very best.
Related Post: Professional Compliment For Co-workers
Farewell / Goodbye Email Last Day In Office
It is never about when to leave an organization, but how you leave says a lot about you.
Going down memory lane, on your first day in office, you were welcomed by the management of your organization and your colleagues as well. With time, you built rapport with most of them.
Therefore, it is expedient you bid them farewell on your last day in office. Yeah, it might be your last day in office, but how you exit will leave a lasting impression on your colleagues.
I know it’s likely you will have lots of things to do on your last day in the office. Things like clearing your work table, completing some pending tasks, or doing that one thing that you couldn’t do initially (it could be confessing your love to a colleague you’ve secretly admired).
Whatever it may be, do not forget to send a goodbye email on the last day in the office to the people you’ve worked with.
Therefore, let’s take a look at more Short samples of goodbye emails to colleagues on last working day.
1. Dear Harry,
I came into this organization inexperienced and scared for my future here. But, you held my hands and made me a unique staff. You instilled so much faith and confidence in me with your encouraging words. It’s been quite a worthwhile journey with you here.
Sadly, my journey in this organization ends today and I look forward to advancing to greater heights with you.
Thank you for your faith in me and do not hesitate to call me on my phone lines ××××××× or send an email to ( email address).
2. Hey Rich,
As you know, today is my last day in the office.
Would have loved to spend more time working with you in this great company, but I had to move on to new opportunities ahead of me.
You have been a source of inspiration and motivation to me and I am eternally grateful for that.
I wish you more great accomplishments and also know that I am always accessible to you. You can call me on (phone number) or send an email to ( email address).
Related Post: Preparing A Great Speech At Work
Last Working Day Message To Team Members
As a team member or even a team leader, you must have completed tasks, managed projects, and met goals together with your team.
However, what makes you a team player is not about your work ethic, but how you carry your team along with some decisions.
Some decisions, like your exit from the team or organization.
That said, here are some examples of last working day messages to team. Also, you are free to add your creativity to it.
1. I am glad to be part of this family. I desired to have team players, but I found a family in you all. It’s really painful to say Goodbye, but I have to embrace the future that lies ahead of me. Till we meet again, you all should keep being awesome.
2. Today might be my last working day in this organization, yet you all have given me lots of lovely memories to cherish. Goodbye to you all, hope to see you all again.
3. The thought of leaving such an amazing team comes with mixed feelings. I am happy Because you all made my stay here a beautiful and memorable one. I’m also sad because I will be going to the next phase of my career without this incredible team. Goodbye to you all and I wish you all the very best.
4. I made it this far in my career with your help, you all were great team players that made work fun and easy for me. Thank you all for your support and I bid you all farewell.
5. A team can indeed make or mar you. However, I am lucky to have awesome team members that made me efficient and productive. I am unhappy because I will be leaving this team, but I am grateful for all the lessons I learned from you all. Adieu, my lovely colleagues.
Related Post: How To Build Long Lasting Professional Relationship
Samples of Last Working Day Email Subjects That Are Catchy
Email subject line 1: one last email!.
Email subject line 2: Helo team.
If you receive two different emails with the above subject lines, which of them will arouse your curiosity?
I believe you will be eager to open the email with the first subject line because you will be curious to know the motive behind the subject line.
Since you are sending the last working email to your colleagues or boss, your email subject line should be catchy. This is because your recipients may have several emails begging for their attention and if your email subject line is not catchy, they might not get to read it.
For this reason, I have not only compiled Short samples of goodbye emails to colleagues on last working day, but I have also put together Samples of last working day email subjects.
1. I will be gone in an hour.
2. You can have my Workspace now.
3. It’s a painful Goodbye from here.
4. I will miss you.
5. I won’t see you tomorrow morning.
6. I’m Accelerating.
7. I Look forward to hearing from you soon
8. Read me or miss saying goodbye.
9. I’m leaving with memories.
10. Please call me or please save my contact
11. Better days ahead.
12. Adieu is not for the dead only.
13. Will always remember you or will always remember this team.
14. Got to go.
15. Finally!!….it’s official.
Related Post: Career Quotes To Inspire Others
Best Samples Of Short Last Working Day Speech
I know you will have lots of things to say on your last working day. Nevertheless, it’s better to keep it short, simple, and straight to the point, so you won’t be overtaken by your emotions.
Yeah, give your colleagues that short, but unforgettable speech with these Samples of short last working day speech.
1. Many will shudder at the beginning of a new week, especially Mondays, but you all have made me look on to Mondays and every other day of the week with much enthusiasm. I will truly miss you all, till we meet again, I say goodbye to you all.
2. I may not be the perfect staff, yet you all gave me the perfect work environment that helped me thrive excellently. I am appreciative for all the virtues I learned from you all and from the depth of my heart, I say thank you.
3. I am lost for words because words alone cannot capture how much you all mean to me. I am leaving today, yet I won’t fail to thank you all for giving me memories to always hold on to.
4. Life is in phases and my stay in this organization is another phase of my life that has come to an end. However, I would love to convey my gratitude to each one of you for being part of my journey here. I wish you all better days ahead.
5. I will miss the morning drill, the weekend hangouts, the togetherness, and most especially I will miss getting the work done with you all my colleagues. You all gave me the time of my life here, sadly, it’s time to bid you farewell.
There is an old saying that goes thus;
I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Saying goodbye to your colleagues, boss, general manager, supervisor, etc on your last working day or after resignation should not be deferred or neglected.
This is because you may likely have just one opportunity to say goodbye and if utilized appropriately will leave a lasting impression on your recipients.
Furthermore, I hope you find these short samples of goodbye email to colleagues on last working day helpful in achieving that.