Words are the engine that keeps our world going. You must have heard the phrase ‘The pen is mightier than the sword.’ I think I agree with that phrase; and that’s because words make things happen.
Humans are wired to build their lives around words; and so the right words can leave you with wonderful memories and inspire you to be better and bring the best out of you or anyone else.
In this article, I will be giving you several ways to wish that special person a wonderful night. ‘Have a wonderful night’ is an age-long phrase that has stood the test of time and proven to be effective to wish loved ones a lovely night rest.
Some of these good night message to my sweet heart will come in form of short good night prayers for that special friend of yours that can etch your memory in his/her heart. Yes! SHORT good night prayers because it doesn’t have to be long before that impression can be created. All that matters is the heart it’s coming from.
So feel free. Go through these sweet ways of saying ‘have a wonderful night’, either for her, him, or anyone that has a special space right in your heart.
Have A Wonderful Night Rest
Nobody can resist the soothing feeling a short good night prayer sent as a text has on the mind. It eases the stress of the day and allays the anxiety that another new day has on a person.
Here are some really powerful goodnight messages that you can send to that loved one of yours to help make his/her night a memorable one. Trust me when I say that you’ll be glad you sent them one of these.
Any of these could be a better way to say “Have a wonderful night” and wish him/her a restful sleep.
1. Night has come, and now we must be apart. But I need you to be confident that we will meet again and while we are apart, I will dream of you through the night. Have a wonderful night’s rest, my darling.
2. As the soft hands of sleep caresses you, may you have the sweetest of dreams tonight. Goodnight, and do have a wonderful night.
3. So many days have passed and more will still come, but I won’t let this night pass me by without wishing you a peaceful night rest and the sweetest of dreams. Goodnight, my angel.
4. The night has met me lying on my bed, thinking of you and wishing you a blissful night rest. Goodnight, gorgeous.
5. Every single day spent with you is better than the previous one. Honestly, I can’t wait to see the next morning, to see you again. Goodnight, darling.
6. Knowing that even though we are apart at night, I am comforted by the knowledge that your beautiful face fills my dreams with peace and tranquility. Sweet dreams, my love.
7. Here I lie, wondering how you sleep at night because you fill every moment and area of my dreams. Now I hope that I’ll be able to do just the same for you, to keep you smiling all through the night while you sleep. Have a wonderful night, Darling.
8. The sun is not the brightest thing in the world; the brightest are your eyes. The dazzling stars are dimmed when compared to them. Seeing them at night guarantees a splendid night for me. Wishing you sweet dreams.
9. The most pleasant of dreams and the warmest night is what I wish you tonight, my love. Enjoy…
10. As I close my eyes to sleep, my heart is awake to your beauty. Good night, darling.
11. As the hands of sleep usher you into Dreamland, I want you to know that you are the last thing I think of every night and the first on my mind every morning. Good night, Sweetest.
12. As each day rolls by, the fire of my love for you is kindled even more. I can’t wait for a new day to love you even more than I have today. Good night, my love.
13. My love, I just want to say good night to you. May angels usher you into the sweetest of dreams. Have a wonderful night.
14. You made my day today, as always. I am very grateful and want to thank you ahead for tomorrow. Sleep well, my love.
15. You’re fast asleep while I lie here thinking about you. I can’t imagine how my life would have been without you in it. Sweet dreams, my prince.
16. The moon rejoices while the sun is unhappy, why? Because the moon is blessed to shine over you all through the night while the sun misses you. Sleep well, beautiful.
17. The night covers me with the blanket of darkness, but your memory shining brighter than the full moon lights up my heart all through the night. Good night, my love.
18. Another day has ended and I am eagerly looking forward to the next one because I will be with you again. Now, while we are apart, may the angels stand guard at your side all through the night. Have a splendid night rest, my love.
19. To my favorite person in the whole world, as you lie down to sleep, I wish you the dreams that are as sweet as you, my love. Do have a wonderful night.
20. Before you close your eyes to sleep, the stars have a message for you. This is the message: I’m missing you tonight. Good night, my love.
Good Night Blessings and Wishes
There is nothing as soothing as knowing that someone has you at heart and wishes you the best. A reminder of this in the form of goodnight blessings and wishes will set the ball rolling for a night of sweet sleep for that friend of yours.
Don’t bother about not having the right words to say good night message to my sweetheart to your friend. Short good night prayers do not have a definite structure, all that is needed is a loving heart. Here are the examples I listed out below. You will notice that there is no specific pattern to the way they are written.
21. Another chapter has closed with the day and it is gone forever. May the joys of today be forever etched in your heart, and may your night be full of rest from the toils of the day. Sweet sleep.
22. I feel safest when I’m in your arms and your warmth makes me the happiest person on earth. Here’s to a lovely night rest, my angel.
23. Have no fear of what the night may bring, because tonight, angels stand beside you to usher you into a blissful night rest. SSLLEEPP…..
24. Night has finally arrived, a time to rest from the hard work of the day. Rest your head under the watchful eyes of angels. Enjoy your sleep, Love.
25. May beautiful thoughts fill your mind and transcend into your dreams. Good night, my love.
26. You have once again conquered another day and now, it is time to replenish your strength. So rest easy, my love. The night will be a succor for you. Sweet dreams.
27. May this night sweep away the troubles of the day and usher you into a new day of bliss and wonders. Good night.
28. May the tranquility of this night ease your weary mind and replenish all the strength you used up during the day. Good night, my love.
29. I pray that the light of the stars guides you into the most beautiful part of dreamland. Sleep well, darling.
30. Distance cannot stop my love from keeping you warm and may the night be full of blissful memories of our love. I love you.
31. As you bid goodbye to a wonderful day which we spent together, may the night embrace you with sweet dreams of our love for each other. Good night, my angel.
32. May your dreams tonight be filled with the sweetest memories to wash away the stress of the day from your mind. Sleep tight, my love.
33. As you go to sleep, I pray that your sleep will be like a baby’s, and may you wake up stronger than you were today. I love you. Goodnight, Dearest
34. As you close your eyes, the peace of God saturates your mind and your dreams are blessed with the most beautiful memories. Good night my, angel.
35. As you fall asleep, I pray that the smiles you put on during the day will not fade from your face, and may you wake up with an even better smile than today.
36. As you sleep, be confident that I have committed you to God who will keep you as the apple of his eye and no harm will come to you. Good night, beautiful.
37. Hello, I just wanted to wish you a most wonderful night filled with the most beautiful dreams, because you’re a wonderful person.
38. Right now, I am sending you the warmest goodnight wishes and pray that you have the most wonderful dreams. Sleep tight.
39. May your night be as peaceful as the gentle evening breeze and your dreams as lovely as the rainbow. Goodnight, my dear.
40. May the beautiful memories of the love we share keep you warm tonight and may your dreams be filled with joy and laughter.
Related Post: Good Morning Inspirational Prayers and Quotes
Good Night Message to My Sweetheart
In every relationship, each partner wants to be treated like the king/queen that he/she is. One of the ways to spice up your romance is to remember them by sending short goodnight prayers before they go to sleep. The trick here is that they will go to sleep thinking about you and you know what that means, the love grows stronger.
Below are some beautifully crafted goodnight prayers for that special friend in your life. Make your pick from them and see the effect it will have on the person.
41. My love, have a peaceful night. May the grace to forgive all the hurts caused you today be supplied abundantly and may the new day bring renewed hope with it. Sweet dreams.
42. One thing I am assured, is that God will never start something and not finish it, He will surely complete His good work in your life. Sweet dreams.
43. As you close your eyes in sleep, my prayer for you is that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. Good night, Dearest.
44. May every gang-up of the enemy against you be made null and void and may your sleep be as sweet as honey. Have a lovely night’s rest, Beautiful.
45. As you drift into dreamland, may the angels of God form a wall of defense all around you, that will keep every evil far from you. Good night, my darling.
46. Sweetheart, as you go to sleep, cast away every fear, because I have committed you into God’s hands and so no evil will come close to you. Sleep well, my love.
47. “For so He giveth his beloved sweet sleep.” As you go to bed, I pray that this scripture comes into reality for you. Goodnight, my dearest.
48. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so will the angels of the Lord surround you on every side to keep you safe from every form of evil. Sweet dreams, my love.
49. Just as the sun did not smite you by day, so will the moon not smite you as you go to sleep. You are heavily guarded by the host of heaven. Sleep tight, my dear.
50. As you go to sleep, may the Lord keep you in perfect peace of mind, body, and spirit. Have a splendid night rest, my love.
51. It does not matter how tiring your day was. As you lie down to sleep, I pray that the God of peace will give you rest as you close your eyes. Goodnight, my angel.
52. I pray that you have a wonderful night and beautiful dreams as you go to sleep. Goodnight, my darling.
53. “He that keepeth you neither slumbers nor sleep.” May God watch over you as you sleep tonight. Goodnight, handsome.
54. May the peace of God that passes all understanding fill your heart and sanctify your dreams as you sleep. Rest well, my love.
55. As you sleep tonight, I pray that God gives you a peaceful night’s rest. Goodnight, my queen.
56. Now that the night has come, I pray that God will give you a most pleasant night rest and that you wake up with renewed strength for the new day. Sleep tight, sweetheart.
57. As you sleep, may your dreams be filled with peace and joy that only God brings. Sleep well, my angel. Do have a wonderful night.
58. May this night wash away the stress of the day and usher you into a more blissful one. Goodnight, darling.
59. As you sleep, may God give you clear instructions to enable you to overcome the challenges of tomorrow. Sweet dreams, my love.
60. My heart desire is that, as you close your eyes to sleep, may the impossible situations you encountered today vanish like smoke before the wind. Goodnight, beautiful.
Good Night Blessings Messages
The bible instructs us to pray without ceasing. Therefore, it is necessary to pray and declare God’s blessings always. You and I know that the night is a period where you feel so tired after a hectic day. Now imagine sending short good night blessings messages with sweet words to a loved one. You’ve just helped them to pray and also, you have warmed their hearts because they are assured that you have them at heart.
Since you will most likely be very exhausted after a long day, one of these short good night prayers that I have crafted for you will secure your night and fill you and your loved ones with hope for the new day.
61. My precious, may God keep you safe all through the night, and may the burdens of the day be eased off your shoulders. Have a splendid night.
62. May God our Father, wrap you in the blanket of His love and bless your sleep. Sweet dreams, my love.
63. May the love of our heavenly Father keep you safe tonight and renew your strength for the new day. Goodnight, beautiful.
64. As you go to sleep, I pray that your dreams will be pleasant and your new day be a glorious one. Good night. Have a wonderful night rest.
65. May the peace of God wipe away every trace of anxiety from your heart and may you wake up bright and shiny as the sun.
66. May the love of God form a wall of tranquility all around you as you sleep. Goodnight, beautiful.
67. May the joy of the Lord fill your heart and erase the hurts of the previous day from your heart while you sleep.
68. I pray for you to have a refreshing sleep under the watch of our heavenly Father who strengthens the weak and comforts the troubled soul. Good night.
69. Most loving Father, I pray for my friend reading this text; that as he sleeps; may your peace permeate his body, soul, and spirit.
70. Blessed Father, I am grateful for the gift of my loved ones, and I pray for their safety as they sleep tonight. Good night. You mean a lot to me.
71. As you close your eyes to sleep, may God fill your mind with memories of His love and tender mercies. Goodnight, dearest.
72. Goodnight, my love. May the night usher in a better day for you.
73. I pray that the ever-abiding love of the Father be your pillow to cushion your heart and remove every burden of fear and anxiety from your mind as you sleep. My heart blesses you as you lay to bed. Enjoy a wonderful night.
74. As you sleep, may the ever-reassuring presence of the Father form a wall of defense around you. Goodnight, beautiful.
75. Rest easy my dear, for God has worked all things out in your favor. Sweet dreams.
76. As you close your eyes to sleep, may the problems you see before you now vanish like wax before a fire. Be blessed.
77. May the Lord tuck you in his bosom and give you sweet sleep as you lie down to rest.
78. May the good memories of the previous day envelope your dreams and fill you with hope for an even better day. Goodnight, Dearest.
79. I pray for you that your sleep will be tranquil, with the most beautiful dreams and a glorious morning.
80. My prayer for you tonight is that your dreams will be full of revelations as the Angel of the Lord stands beside you to keep watch over you. Goodnight, handsome.
Bedtime Prayers in the Bible
Sleep was created by God for us to rest from the work of the day, renew our strength for a new day, and also hear from Him through dreams and revelations to get instructions He wants to pass across to us. Scriptures have instances where short goodnight prayers are written because God made provision for the night as much as He made for the day.
Below are some examples of bedtime prayers in the Bible that are powerful enough to settle the night for you, set your mind at peace, and prepare your heart for the next day.
One thing to put to heart as you scroll down through these bedtime prayers in the Bible is that, some are in form of bible quotes to inspire you or loved ones for another beautiful day; while some are direct prayers that carry the power in the written word of God.
81. Matthew 11:28 (MSG) “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me.
82. James 1:17 (MSG) Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle.
83. No matter what has happened in the day, always remember Phil 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
84. Psalms 107:1 (MSG) Oh, thank God—he’s so good! His love never runs out. This should be your attitude as you lay to sleep tonight. Sweet dreams.
85. This is my desire for you. Proverbs 3:24 (MSG) “You’ll take afternoon naps without a worry, you’ll enjoy a good night’s sleep.”
86.Psalms 3:5 (MSG) I stretch myself out. I sleep. Then I’m up again—rested, tall, and steady. This shall be your testimony as you wake into a new day.
87. Psalms 4:8 (MSG) At day’s end I’m ready for sound sleep, for you, God, have put my life back together.
88. Psalms 127:2 (MSG) It’s useless to rise early and go to bed late and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don’t you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?
89. Psalms 132:4-5 (MSG) “I’m not going home, and I’m not going to bed, I’m not going to sleep, not even take time to rest Until I find a home for God, a house for the Strong God of Jacob.”
90. Psalms 121:3 (MSG) He won’t let you stumble, your Guardian God won’t fall asleep. Not on your life! Israel’s Guardian will never doze or sleep. For you, I wish you a sound sleep.
91. John 14:27 (MSG) I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught. Sleep well.
92. Relax your nerves as you sleep well tonight. Remember 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
93. Psalms 56:3 (GNT) When I am afraid, O LORD Almighty, I put my trust in you. No matter what got you scared, lay it to God, and lay your head to sleep.
94. Philippians 4:6 (MSG) Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
95. Psalms 139:7 (MSG) Is there any place I can go to avoid your Spirit? To be out of your sight?
If I climb to the sky, you’re there! If I go underground, you’re there! If I flew on morning’s wings to the far western horizon, You’d find me in a minute— you’re already there waiting! Then I said to myself, “Oh, he even sees me in the dark! Be sure, God is with you as you sleep tonight.
96. Psalm 139: 11 & 12. At night I’m immersed in the light!” It’s a fact: darkness isn’t dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they’re all the same to you.
96. Psalms 63:5 (MSG) I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy; I smack my lips. It’s time to shout praises! If I’m sleepless at midnight, I spend the hours in grateful reflection. Because you’ve always stood up for me, I’m free to run and play. I hold on to you for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post.
97. Psalms 42:8 (MSG) Then God promises to love me all day, sing songs all through the night! My life is God’s prayer.
98. Psalms 121:1-2 (KJV) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
99. Psalms 121:5 (MSG) God’s your Guardian, right at your side to protect you— Shielding you from sunstroke, sheltering you from moon stroke.
100. Psalms 121:7 (MSG) God guards you against every evil, he guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return, he guards you now, he guards you always.
There is no limit to the number of short good night prayers you can type and send to that special friend of yours. The secret is just letting it come from your heart and the words will flow. The heart always yearns to express itself.
So dear friend, what is stopping you from making the night of that special friend of yours a memorable one by sending him or her one of these sweet ways of saying Have a wonderful night? Definitely, nothing is stopping you! Pick on any of these, and make his/her night a memorable one.
Wait a minute! Is there anyone to wish you a wonderful night? I think I should do that; and I’ll do it right away.
Hello friend, Do have a wonderful night. (LOL)